1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[12 Apr 2013] X-Factor Fridays @ Best Bout Gaming (Weekly Casuals) (Portland, OR)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Chanchai, Oct 8, 2012.

X-Factor Fridays @ Best Bout Gaming (Weekly Casuals)
Start Date: 12 Apr 2013 07:00 PM
End Date: 13 Apr 2013 02:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

2409 SE 49th Ave
Portland, OR 97206

Posted By: Chanchai

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Casual sessions and more every Friday @ Best Bout Gaming from 7pm until way late!

All you can play, all you can match, only $5.00.

And some variety mixed in as well! It's an open environment, we usually have a lot of fighting game training and a lot of fun random games on the side as well!

Smash? Done that. Super Bomberman? Done that too! Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters? Yep! Wind Jammers played off of a real Neo Geo cart? OF COURSE! X-Factor Fridays trains the fighters and spices it up with more gaming goodness!

Bonus Tip: There's a lot of good and diverse food in the area if you come early and can spare a food budget. Food carts only a block away, one of the more popular Burrito Buses around, and Division has a lot of great restaurants as well!

2. Chanchai

Summary for X-Factor Friday on October 12th, 2012
    October 12th was a good session and the VF action was streamed!

Table of Contents
    • Summary Statement
    • Stream Archive
      • Time Stamps
    • Reports
      • Chanchai's Report
      • R_Panda's Report
    Summary Statement
    The VF roster wasn't the largest, but the quality was there and a lot of great times were had!

Stream Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/bestbout/b/335379198

Time Stamps
    To be posted soon

Reports
    Looking forward to 10/19/12!

3. Chanchai

Looks like we're going to have some awesome VF action at X-Factor Friday tonight!

I will be there around 10pm PST/1am EST. R_Panda and AJS are planning to be there a bit earlier. Others too! Should be an awesome night tonight!

(Apparently last Friday was pretty awesome too! Videos from Tuesday are online, I will post links later in the Throwdown Tuesdays Event Thread!)

4. Chanchai

As you can see above, matches are now live!

5. Chanchai

Just a heads up that I will try to make it to this tonight (November 16th)!

Coming back from Thailand I just found out Afro-Cole's been in town so I'm looking forward to a session with him as well as others like AJS, Yangsing, Panda, Fatbear, Mackinzie, OMNE, Zony, Hollis (Shinryu Returns), and Shinryujin!

6. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I'll be there around seven tonight.

Chanchai likes this.
  7. Chanchai

I'm planning on going to Best Bout tonight ^_^

R_Panda likes this.
  8. Chanchai

Had an awesome time at Best Bout tonight! Probably played some of my best VF, and also felt most others had moments that showed their best VF too!

Seriously, I think we leveled up! If it doesn't feel that way, I think it's only because everyone's leveling up together.

Panda, Yangsing, Shinryu, Jaye, and AJS--thanks for the awesome matches tonight!

Also, really nice to meet Grant! I hope VF continues to interest you and we get to play more!

9. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    No xfactor Friday due to Festivus.

10. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    No xfactor Friday this week, but see you at the Beatdown!

11. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    X-Factor Fridays have been discontinued due to the closure and current limbo of Best Bout Gaming. See the NWVF thread and the NWVF Facebook group for the latest details on up coming sessions.

12. Chanchai

Don't worry, I stopped the recurring event postings already so it should not show up in the upcoming events box anymore.

R_Panda likes this.