1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[14 Aug 2015] NYG X (New York, NY)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Harpooneer, Apr 4, 2015.

NYG X
Start Date: 14 Aug 2015 12:00 PM
End Date: 17 Aug 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

4013 8th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232
New York, NY 11232

Posted By: Harpooneer

Confirmed Attendees: 13
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

oh shit! I finally get to meet bstar boy!!!!!!!!!!

Craigbot, MadeManG74 and BLACKSTAR like this.
  2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Well crap. I lied. Between not getting both needed days off from work and moving soon I won't be able to make it...

Really wanted to see everyone again and meet those I haven't (Especially the international players!). Next event I'll do my best to make it.

VFhayato, check your inbox when you have a chance, want to go over something.

3. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I am trying to make it to NYG this year and just found out that I can have a place to stay but only from August 14th to 15th. So I want ask if it will be possible to do the vf5fs tournament on Saturday the 15th instead of Sunday? Maybe you guys can swap the vf5R tournament from Friday to Sunday and have team tournament on Friday night instead? I am saying this because if I spend money and make the trip there I would like to be in the vf5fs singles tournament. I have not played 5R and many others have not either so it would be ok if I skip that one because I rather be in the one that I have been practicing in which is FS. I would still like to try R though if it will work out with the schedule. So let me know asap if you guys @cruzlink2 and the NYC crew can swap FS for Friday or Saturday so I can start planning my trip. Also you guys can ask other people that are coming to NYG if they will be ok with a swap before you make the decision. Thanks.

4. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I see that you got my logo design to pop. :zzz:

VFhayato likes this.
  5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    is it bad? it's not too late to change it!

6. VFhayato

That logo is sexy

7. VFhayato

So guys stay tune as I will give away more prizes on aug. I might do a team prize so stay tune

8. VFhayato

If you guys want to contribute for the prize money then you guys can. So that the prize pot can be bigger for first place and second place and third just message me here so that NYGX can be better. But my company will be giving away some prizes

9. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I like it. I'm passing full creative control onto you.

10. SNAKE BOSS

Hey just had a question. You said that we can plug in any controler to the arcades, does that include ps3 controler?

11. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

After party at my bar.

cobratron, VFhayato, oneida and 2 others like this.
  12. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I guess I didn't specify WHICH sunday, right?

KrsJin and VFhayato like this.
  13. VFhayato

after party to BBQ who is down!

14. SNAKE BOSS

I know changing the times and dates for events can be tough especially when they were already set. So no need to change them because I will still try to make it to nygx. I am planning to be in NYC next month so if I am close by I will stop by. It is not for certain yet but the closer we get to August the more I will know if I can be there to support the scene.

15. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Good song selection for the new trailer. Well done!

Contributed a bit to the FS payouts, only way I can contribute this time :/

VFhayato likes this.
  16. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    HOL UP! HOW DID YOU ALL GET 5R??? HOW DID I NOT KNOW IT WAS IN THE STATES!?!?!?1

17. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Chefboy you are really out of the loop. We've been had VF 5R.

18. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

Ok, so, I have something that may compromise my appearance at nygx, and may only be able to come for one day. I am going to need a new playstation. I do however, have a couple resources that may help with that. So, I am going to need whatever lil dough I get to save.

VFhayato likes this.
  19. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Do you really need one that badly. I had my Playstation die on me but I am willing to hold out until after NYG before I get it replaced. If you really need to play games do that at next level or something

20. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1