1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[15 Aug 2014] New York Gathering 9 (Brooklyn, NY)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Harpooneer, May 3, 2014.

By Harpooneer on May 3, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  1. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    The Time is Near:
    New York City. The landmarks, the lights, the pizza, the guard break of doom. Now, you can be there, celebrating your love of Virtua Fighter! NYG9 is coming August 15 - 17.
    17749_490007634426458_1733087585_n.jpg
    The Gathering:

NYG9 will be a three day long gathering of Virtua Fighter players from all over the world. Last year's NYG was even bigger than expected, so this year we are pulling out all the stops to make sure this event is as enjoyable as possible. With different events each day, and blocks of time scheduled for offline casuals, this will be three full days of VF.
    230606_4488386053130_1562055230_n.jpg
    The Schedule:
    Remember that NYG stands for New York Gathering. Our first priority is to provide a large space where players can gather and enjoy Virtua Fighter offline, as it was meant to be played. That being said, NYG will also feature multiple tournaments and other events which will be streamed. Stay tuned for more announcements.

Venue Fee is $10 per day.

Streaming will start at 3:00 P.M.
    We will be at the arcade from opening at 12:00, so we will take registrations and make brackets from there.
    Tournaments are expected to end before closing, but time has been allotted in case they run long. If the tournaments end at the expected times there will be a few hours for FT10s, grudge matches, exhibitions, and other hype stuff on the stream. We are going to make this as entertaining as possible so start thinking of who you'd like to challenge in the remaining time before NYG!

Friday, August 15: General Gathering. Friendly casuals, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned Tournament.
    Saturday, August 16: Team Tournament Starts at 3:00
    Sunday, August 17: Singles Tournament Starts at 6:00

The Venue:
    NYC's Next Level Arcade will be hosting this event. Last year's event was so big that we took up nearly all the setups and made Marvel players cry! Let's not even let them get in the door this year!
    543871_489899587770596_1420272173_n.jpg
    Hotels nearby: Next Level is around the corner from King's Hotel, but there are many options in the area.
    Click here for a map showing hotels nearby.

Remember to watch the NYC crew on Tuesdays for more details! twitch.tv/nyc_vf.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
New York Gathering 9
Start Date: 15 Aug 2014 12:00 PM
End Date: 17 Aug 2014 11:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

4013 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232

Posted By: Shag

Confirmed Attendees: 9
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Harpooneer, May 3, 2014.

• New York Gathering 9
    Start Date: 15 Aug 2014 12:00 PM
    End Date: 17 Aug 2014 11:00 PM
    Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

4013 8th Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11232

Posted By: Shag

Confirmed Attendees: 9
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
    1. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Do u half to be good at vf to attend cuz I suck but live vf
    2. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Holy shit it's 180 a night at kings hotel any place cheaper
    3. Tricky
      Tricky
      we working on making things cheaper. However, I'd recommend sharing a room with people. 4 folks splitting 180 is a lot easier to deal with.
    4. Harpooneer
      Harpooneer
      I am actually getting some logistics in order now. I am requesting that anyone coming down shoot me a message so I can compose a list. If you want to get matched up with people who are also willing to split a room, let me know in the message and I will try matching people. This way we know some numbers so we can try getting group rates, and you guys can get matched up without spamming the forums looking for roommates.

I suck but I am still going, haha! Watch our stream for proof. If you like VF and want to hang with like-minded people then come down anyway. Tournaments aren't the main feature of this gathering, so even if you get eliminated right away you will have tons of casuals to play. I had a great time last year and got blown up within moments of the tournament starting. This would be a great way for a lot of the guys with no local scene to get real offline VF in. Trust me, there is a huge difference that you will appreciate!
    5. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Tux bro I'm down to share a room put me down
    6. PineTree
      PineTree
      Never been to New York this would be perfect excuse. Even though I'm average VF player at best I still love going to the tourneys and gatherings in SoCal.

That being said, might consider going if I have a place to stay at or get a group from SoCal/Arizona going (preferably with people I know) to make it worth it. Could even stay an extra day or two to explore the city if local players are cool enough to show us around. Let us know.
      Tricky and Kobi like this.
    7. Tricky
      Tricky
      Pinetree make it!!! I miss you dude. Shoot harpooner a msg about the rooms, we trying to see how low we can get our group rates, but a rough headcount helps.
    8. PineTree
      PineTree
      Tricky what's up dude! Miss playing against your Eileen. Yeah put me down, but August is still months away so planning can change as it gets closer (you never know if something comes up).

I'd like to stay with someone to save some coin, booking a room with enough people if the price is right can work too. Either way I'd like to stay some extra time before or after the tourney to check out NYC, you down to show me around?
    9. shadowmaster
      shadowmaster
      I would to take part in the deal as well. My finances as of now aren't working out as well as I hoped early on. I will have to stay with someone whether it be on their couch or if I share a room with someone. It will make the trip considerably easier for me overall.
    10. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I'm hoping I can make it, definitely interested in knowing prices for rooms etc (coming from Toronto).
    11. Ytpme_Secaps
      Ytpme_Secaps
      Offline means no more guarded 2p into Yo'geki for me :(

Unless you get greedy :p
    12. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      I'm down to share a room also so let me no cuz I'm coming even if I half to sleep in my car
    13. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Wich is it the 15th to the 17 or 18th
    14. Shag
      Shag
      The last day is Sunday, August 17. I took an hour off of the event time so as not to confuse anyone.
    15. Rare_Entity
      Rare_Entity
      If I may make a suggestion, I think the singles tournament should be on Saturday. I imagine not everyone will be able to stick around all day Sunday.
    16. cruzlink2
      cruzlink2
      We did that swap last year too Rare. This year we are trying to avoid that but if enough people end up having to head out early Sunday we might consider a change. Thanks for the suggestion.
    17. wingchun_warrior
    18. daRockReaper
      daRockReaper
      yo @Harpooneer put me on the room search list if your still doing it. I might need to just crash on someones couch if they would have me
    19. cobratron
      cobratron
      I'm ok with singles tournament being on Saturday so long as it doesn't run past 7pm since I have to head out to Madison Square Garden around then. But I'm definitely down for it being on Sunday as I'll most likely be at NL all day til the doors close.
      Tricky likes this.
    20. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Ok still waiting for details on the room situation I'm coming all I want to no is were can I stay for cheap cuz every hotel I called is expensive unless a couple guys wanna get togethers an share a room plz let me no asap