1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[15 Jun 2014] COMBATS VIRTUELS #1 ボルド格闘トーナメント (French VF5FS tournament) (Bordeaux, France)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Kaleendaah, Mar 23, 2014.

COMBATS VIRTUELS #1 ボルド格闘トーナメント (French VF5FS tournament)
Start Date: 15 Jun 2014 10:00 AM
End Date: 15 Jun 2014 07:00 PM
Time Zone: Atlantic/Reykjavik +00:00 GMT

Residence Crespy 2 33400 Talence
Bordeaux, France 33400

Posted By: Kaleendaah

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
  1. Kaleendaah

Kaleendaah Active Member

[​IMG]

WHERE?

Residence Crespy II Rez-De-Chaussée Batiment 9 33400 Talence
    (near Bordeaux)

WHEN ?
    Sunday, June 15th 10:00 AM
    Tournament begins at 11:00 AM

HOW ?

https://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&q=residence crespy 2 33400 talence&ie=UTF-8

Tram B going to : Pessac Centre
    Stop at : Peixotto

Bus 10 going to : Gradignan Beausoleil
    Stop at : Peixotto

HOW MUCH?

5 euros in in advance.
    10 euros at the venue.

RULES?

-The Tournament will be on Xbox 360.

-Up to 32 players

MATCHES : First to 3 EXCEPT for the Winner Bracket Final, Loser Bracket Final and the Grand Final (First to 5)

STAGE SELECT : Random selection for the 1st match then the loser can select the stage for the 2nd match.

COUNTER PICK : Full Counter Pick authorized.

WHY ?

Following the 2012 VF5FS Tournament FIST OF LEGEND in Paris , I decided to organize a new VF5FS tournament in my hometown : Bordeaux ! The tournament will be smaller than the FIST OF LEGEND, less players, unfortunately no stream, no cash prize & less space to play but there will be certainly more fun!! Thanks to my association , the South West Gamer Arena, we have a small place to make this happen with screens, consoles , games... All we need will be there for a great offline tournament ! I'm counting on you VFers!

Please specify on this thread your pseudonym et character played to pre-register for the tournament ! If you can bring your console & game please specify it too.

Thank you for your time and we can wait to meet you at the tournament!

[If you got more questions, feel free to ask on this thread or you can send me an e-mail (kaleendah@gmail.com)]

---------------------------------------

PLAYERS :

(Confirmed)

-Kaleendah (LION)
    -Segata Kenshirô (LAU)
    -Bellus (EILEEN/LEI-FEI)
    -Desolation (SHUN-DI)
    -Maxou (TAKA-ARASHI)
    -Thiry (KAGE-MARU)
    -Stryder (WOLF)

(Awaiting confirmation)

-Mikiway (EILEEN/AOI)
    -M-Rick (BRAD)
    -Genjuro Howard aka JDS Cigano (LEI-FEI)
    -Rodryu (SHUN-DI)
    -Mister (WOLF)
    -Kingo (AOI)
    -Chibitox (LION/VANESSA/GOH)
    -Krye (LAU/JEFFRY)
    -Unicorn (WOLF)

CONSOLES :

-Kaleendah : Xbox360 + customs
    -Bellus : Xbox360 + customs

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Krye and G0d3L like this.
  2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

LoL the date is wrong in the event :°D
    Can someone please fix the post?

I'll try to see as soon as possible if i manage to get the 200€ to travel there (too bad there's no more a direct flight from my town).
    Anyway I'm interested in going there.

A quick question. In the rules it's written that counter pick is allowed, however we are invited to specify pseudonym and character played here... I'm kinda confused from this. Does that mean we have to pick at first a specific character when startin a match?

Also the price is 5 euros in advance or 10 euros at the venues. Is there any way to give this euros in advance? Maybe a paypal account?

Any info about the monitors used for the setups?

3. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Counter pick? Nah man in VF tiers dont matter. lts all on your skills not the character

4. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Play Jeff vs Jacky then try to talk about no tiers. The balance in vf is long gone..

But who cares? We're gonna play offline VF in southern France!

ExzetyXat1 and Pai~Chun like this.
  5. Kaleendaah

Kaleendaah Active Member

I changed the date. Sorry I had problems with the translation of the text. I just want you to specify the character you play just to have an global idea from the list of players I'll have for the tournament. Example: "How many WoIf players there will be? How many Akira players etc..." I won't ask a specific character for the matches.

You'll pay 5 euros if you confirm your coming for the tournament here on this thread : I'll note your name on a list and when you'll arrive you'll pay 5 euros.

I have 6 Zero lag monitors (Iiyama) and 3 Philips monitors (I need to check the amount of lag on these ones) And a bunch of TVs too... I'll give you a more detailed list. I also have :
    - 2 Xbox 360 and one PS3 with VF5FS included.
    - 2 Xbox 360 Arcade Sticks and 2 PS3 Arcade Sticks.
    - 2 Triton headphones for the finals.

There will be refreshments too. And chocolate bars normally! ^^

KahnRahn, Mister and Krye like this.
  6. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    So, just to confirm: the tournament will be played on 360?

I'm still a maybe, as I have a previous engagement during this weekend, but it looks like it'll be cancelled, so I'll let you know if I'm a yes or a no asap!

7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok you said chocolate bars... I'll do whatever I can to come.

You know what characters I use so If i'm coming you know what to write down.

8. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Good iniative !
    I'm interested too.
    I will confirm one month before, as soon as I will book everything.
    Because you know, it's in 2 months and half, so can't be sure what will happen in beetween.

9. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Trust me ive been blown up by jeff b4. its not possible for me to beat a good jeff player all the time. and if tiers mattered jacky akira lion players would be winning tournaments all day. That's y i think they don't matter

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  10. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Even if tiers didn't matter that doesn't mean bad matchups don't exist.
    And even if bad matchups didn't exist that is not the thread to discuss it.

Kaleendaah likes this.
  11. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Tiers matter, if you can't see that, then further discussion about the topic is useless (not that this is the place to discuss it).

The reason no akiras or jackys are winning tourneys in the west is simply because a. There are no skilled jacky/akira players that have participated in tourneys (ie. Skill gap with the winners) and b. There are no tourneys :'D

If you want some supporting evidence all you have to do is check some jp streams and find that 80% of the players use akira or jacky.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It is useless. According to Zek, Jacky is C tier at best and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot who knows shit about the game
    I am definitelly interested but... I have a way how to get from CZ to Paris, but what then? Are there any Paris crew I can try to join on their way? Or is there any cheap way how to go to Brodeaux from there?

13. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Lol where does that come from ? :eek:
    Beat tribe top 16: out of 80 chars--> 5 Jacky, 5 Akira thats around 6.2 % usage for each
    In finals = no Jacky nor Akira in both teams.

Last year:
    1st.Team Ireizaa - Fuudo (SH) / Paidaman(Sarudera) (JA) / Gorgeous Eileen (GO) / Masukudo (LI) / Magnum (JE)

2nd. Shimantogawa Ryouri Gakuen - YOU (SA) / Terazoo (LA) / Tane (AK) / Maichi (EI) / Jin (KA)

Just one Akira and one Jacky, nothing too crazy ;)

@Unicorn: There's a fast train from Paris to Bordeaux I think it's a 3h15 mns trip.
    I will talk with other guys from Paris to see who's in, and how we organize. If there is an opportunity I'll let you know. But I think we may all go by train in the end as a lot of players don't have a car.

BlackGeneral and Unicorn like this.
  14. Mister

How much is the train from paris to bordeaux? Because i have a direct flight to "Paris Beauvais" from my place. If the train doesn't cost too much I may tag along with the Paris crew and Unicorn.

15. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    lol if I take the train too, I will have to go through Paris first because there is no direct train from my city to Bordeaux.
    Anyway, the plane for me is much cheaper and faster, so I will probably go for it.

16. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    i ddnt say he was C tier, the official list did. me personally i would say A. you dont play jacky so u wouldn't understand. dmg alone doesnt= S tier. w/o high dmg jacky would be average or below. @
    Krye
    i wasnt talkin bout just in america. japan, all of europe, etc ive never seen jacky's or jean's ever win a tournament that was streamed. Character usage has nothing to do with it, its about the win percentage. Lets take MVC3 4 example. l've seen players who use Jean grey/Dark pheonix X factor win tourney's because she's high tier.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  17. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [​IMG]
    ...this is way too much :D

[​IMG]

You won Zek

18. Kaleendaah

Kaleendaah Active Member

Yes, I confirm the Tournament will be on Xbox 360.

19. Kaleendaah

Kaleendaah Active Member

I've edited the first message with a list of players.

20. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I am trying to figure out how to do it and come; if there will be any chance to join peeps from Paris on their way(s), it will be great.

Kaleendaah likes this.