1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

1K+G - useless move?

Discussion in 'Goh' started by SUGATA, Jan 17, 2014.

1. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I think this move is totally useless in VF5FS, the only reason why is because there is the much better move 2/8K+G!

2/8K+G vs 1K+G:

= Low attack
    = the same advantage: on CH+7, on NH +4, on G -15
    = near the wall both give the same Wall stagger
    = the same Range
    + 2/8K+G on back leg gives by 2F more (CH+9, NH+5)
    + faster by 5F
    + has evasive properties from linear attacks, good on disadvantage against linear attacks/throw
    - only 2health lower dmg (20 vs 22)

RESUME: 2/8K+G is more enhanced version of 1K+G.

So, what is the reason to use 1K+G at all?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The only theoretical reason I have for using it is if the opponent has a wall directly behind him. 1K+G causes a wallstagger on NH, 2/8K+G does not. It's not good for even that purpose though. The stagger doesn't guarantee anything, it's linear and it's so slow you get tagged if they pressed anything.

EDIT: oh, you can use it as a round ender taunt to stomp their body :D

Shag and SUGATA like this.
  3. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Yes, you are right. Stagger on NH and Taunt (no dmg) on knock down opponent are the only reasons to use this move! How pathetic, i always thought that there are no useless moves in VF...

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I wouldn't consider it totally useless because of that wallstagger, but it's certainly more limited than it needs to be because of the atrocious speed.

Oh, and there always useless moves in every game, VF just tends to have less of those. Or do you actually have a reason for using Kages 8P+K for example :D

5. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Super mixup after 66P+G: 8P_8P+K.

6. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Where's the mix up ? They're both mid ! :D
    But I managed to land that move a couple of time because my scrubby oponent was doing an advancing attack during 8P+K and Kage just hits him in the back.. so funny. Trolling purpose only.. Wait, it's not the Kage forum sorry :D

7. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I have no idea why that move is there. It's too slow to be useful like ComboLammas mentioned. You can throw it out once every blue moon if you like.

8. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    That's a move I rarely/never use either, like Combolammas said it's only useful with the opponent's back to the wall, you can try it once in a while to keep the wall pressure, when you've got some frame advantage before and only if you don't think your opponent will DM .
    Yes , Goh's got these nasty taunts with P+K too ^^"

9. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Reviving old thread.
    Sadly the 1K+G move is useless, b/c the Wall stagger reason is neglected by 3K+G move.
    3K+G move VS 1K+G move - NEAR THE WALL:
    + more damage (24 VS 21)
    + faster (26 frames VS 27 frames)
    + Half cicrular VS linear
    + High crush (evades High strikes)
    + Hit throw on counter possibility
    + longer range
    + THE SAME Wall stagger duration.

I hope there is some hidden usage for 1K+G Goh's move.....

10. Blessy

Blessy Moderator / -10 is just Nitaku Staff Member Content Manager Goh Bronze Supporter Content Manager Aoi Tournament Manager

I've found one singular use, which I did by accident the other night....it crushes rising attacks.

SUGATA likes this.
  11. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Yes but too tight timing.
    But
    3K+G better as Okizeme:
    + evades sometimes Mid rising attack
    + guaranteed hit throw, so larger dmg 61 VS 30 instead of +7 advantage
    = the same tight timing

12. Blessy

Blessy Moderator / -10 is just Nitaku Staff Member Content Manager Goh Bronze Supporter Content Manager Aoi Tournament Manager

4P+K is still better in that situation. More active frames, better combo damage.

1K+G causes the knockdown as a crush so could lead interesting setups.

SUGATA likes this.
  13. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Man, tried, but NO Knockdown at all, only +8/+9 adv on counter hit as Okizeme (standing hit stun).
    How do you get KD with 1K+G?

14. Blessy

Oh aye? I'll have to test it tomorrow, I could honestly be mis-remembering. Are you crushing rising attacks with it?

15. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    No KD.
    Only hit stun for +7.
    But for this purpose may be better K+G: more advantage and side turned (+9+13 frames), 5 frames active phase.

I think this strike is not tuned right by AM2, prev Vanilla version was well tuned = causes KD on recovery CH and was High crush.

So, i am VERY TUNED for ANY hidden feature of this new 1K+G VF5FS/US.

I can not believe in such issue from AM2.

16. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Guys, i FOUND!

The only pros and unique feature of 1K+G is that this is the ONLY ONE Low move that PUSHES away the opponent, especially on Hit (NH=CH). Not dramatically like 6P+K, but far enough to get out of Throw distance.
    It can be useful for ring out for ex.
    Very tricky usage but something at least)

17. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    1) Correction (agree w Combolammas):
    1K+G on NH near the wall = +4 adv + stagger = good TOTAL advantage, better than 3K+G (-4 on NH) = good tool for opening High Guarding opponent near the wall. 8/2K+G has the same +4 on NH but no wall stagger so less advantage (btw no evasive properties).
    2) 1K+G had the SAME initial animation as 4K (mid AT) = good mix-up! Only kiai sound allows to recognize which one is starting up.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  18. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Wait! So they took away his low sweep kick, and instead, gave him that move?:cry:

SUGATA likes this.
  19. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

No such thing as a Totally Useless Move in VF lol.. Some where down the line when the meta changes a move will and can change the narratives.

ShinyBrentford, VFnumbers and Tricky like this.