1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

1st 5 Losses in Quest with Lei-Fei

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Cool3stNERD, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Cool3stNERD

Cool3stNERD Well-Known Member

It hurt but I keep tellin myself that if I wanna get better I have to (and will) lose sometimes, It will let me know what I am doing wrong... I am using Lei-Fei and I am understanding his stances and everything but I need/want to be able to know more and use more of his moves by reflex to any given situation... I know that it will take time and then look into move properties ... any Tips are welcome ....
    Now sadly my win/loss record is *117-5* lol

BTW - I took 4 losses to "Bonebraker- Aoi" She is so quick... lol and the other one was Jackie... He uses that Counter All too Often.. but if that is what wins Matches... I feel I have to Low kick and attack him the ENTIRE time.

2. smb

smb Well-Known Member

there are lots of tips.......look back through all the old threads in this very dojo you are posting in.

3. Cool3stNERD

done... I actually just looked through the Black Book Strategy and am looking at the Stances Section now.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Utlimately, how well you do in VF is governed by how good your defence is.

A good tip against a Jacky who does pak sao a lot is to kick and throw. Pak sao can only be done by not pressing any buttons or moving in any directions so he has to stand there with his guard wide open.

It will beat high and mid punches. Elbows, knees, kicks, low punches , throws double handed attacks and headbutss will all hit him and he'll be unable to block them or break the throws.

While you're at 5 losses it might be worth it to look into doing the baloon trick to get some items if you're interested in them.

5. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    What difficulty are you playing on?

6. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

You signed up on VFDC yesterday and already you want to know about move properties?

Forget that just learn to fuzzy, crouch dash fuzzy, eteg and teg.

So in other words, learn to PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP with Lei and you should be fine.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Lei gets several unique defense options though, like quickly going to Nehan [1][P]+[K]+[G] and using P or [P]+[K] from there quickly.

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Playing online will help you learn more too. The speed of the game is a touch slower online but you will get to see how a human player will attack and defend against you.

9. Cool3stNERD

Seidon: Yea... Man my Defense Suuuuuuuks... I'm workin on it tho... gettin a little better ... and thanks for the tip about jackie...

MP_Lupin: I am playing on the Default difficulty

Hazzerone: I am playing this game to be a Top Tier or Above Average player ... I know this will take time but i want to learn what I need to early so I can start applying things to make my game stronger and have positive reflexes on any given situation.

Manjimaru: I have been doing that after the Hai stance because I noticed that it makes you take a BIG step back... I use it to quickly avoid a rising attack...

Gernbergs: I feel you on that one... I may do a ranked match before I go to work... I did a player match with someone earlier using Shan Di... I beat him the first to Matches and I lost the Third ... but they were damn good matches so I added him to my friends list... lol

10. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    There aren't many people in ranked by the way.

If you want to get some sessions in you should add some people from here to your list. It'd be a good idea to join Mackfactor's party if you get the chance, there's usually a bunch of people talking VF in there, it'd be a good way to pick up a few tips.

Plus, I find I do better when I can talk out a situation with others, if I'm getting beat by a specific set up or a certain move the people I'm talking with might have a better idea.

11. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Human competition is waaaaaaay better, but Quest mode is a great start to learning the basics (I had to start out that way).
    Only problem is your not going to learn much from the Default Difficulty AI, try upping it to expert soon.

12. Cool3stNERD

O ok I'll remember to add him when I go home... Live should have player lists so you can look and see whos on for a specific game that you added them for... lol

13. Cool3stNERD

I was thinking of going into Dojo and Upping the difficulty to 5 and just fight continuiously for like 30 or more minutes at a time them going to Arcade and upping the Difficulty...

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Fight against LEi, you'll start learning more about how risky his moves are and some decent setups.

It's one of the first things I do when I'm learning a new character.

15. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I play against level 5 AI, not a bad idea. It's better then most people you will find online... not all though!

16. Cool3stNERD

Seidon:
    I never thought of that ... lol I definately will do that cause in a couple of matches aginst him i did learn some things.

Kamais_Ookin:
    True True... I am also tring to get in the mind set that it is OK to lose (against the computer and sometimes in casual matches... lol) because it shows me what I am doing wrong and how to go about fixing it.

17. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It sure is man, I've lost track on how many times people have gotten 25+ win streaks on me, and I love every loss. [​IMG]

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Some players make it their point to lose.

19. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Yeah, and they are even "Master(s)" at it. Imagine being able to win how YOU want to! Isn't that amazing!? [​IMG]

20. Cool3stNERD

If by that you mean ... Sticking Every move exactly how you want it to come out 98.9% of the time ... I guess that is kinda boring... lol (j/k)