1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 Mar 2015] Sakura Fight Festival 2015 (London)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MarlyJay, Dec 19, 2014.

Sakura Fight Festival 2015
Start Date: 20 Mar 2015 05:00 PM
End Date: 23 Mar 2015 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT

Bolney Meadow Community Centre, London, SW8 1EZ
London SW8 1EZ

Posted By: MarlyJay

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I might go to this, it's got an interesting lineup of games though a bit surprised not to see KOF. VF's Akira is in 3 of the games on the list. Surely it's a first for a tournamnet to have a character appear in 3 unrelated games in the same event?

cobratron and MarlyJay like this.
  2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I just realized this is the same weekend as Final Round. Being that Ryan Hart won AE last year I'm pretty sure he will be there instead of this but it would have been nice to play him again after he blew me up at Sega Cup. I haven't been to FR yet but London is so sick and I hella miss it. Damn decisions.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I am afraid I will not be able to make it due to money. Czech Koruna lost almost 25% of its value in past 3 weeks and this catapulted the price for the event behind my options :(
    I still hope for some miracle, but most probably I will not be able to come :(

4. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    25%!? Let's just all go to Prague :D

MarlyJay likes this.
  5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    USD was 19,2 czk, now is 23,99. At one point peaked even on 24,4 :(

6. Firei

Firei Member

@Unicorn Hopefully you can make it :(

Sakura Fight Festa is 2 months away, and we've got a trailer for the event! It is, of course, cheesy as hell, and we wouldn't have it any other way XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8wRtAkulU

@MarlyJay Could you maybe update the 1st post with trailer? I'll also need to speak with you soon in about a month for tournament arrangements etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  7. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

I'm totally coming for this. Gonna be great to go down to London again for some sweet offline FG glory, only this time i'll actually get to play! @Firei I read "NO Turbo controllers.", does this count sticks with a selectable turbo function, like the Qanba q4?

8. Firei

Firei Member

@Strider786 Yeah, we should of worded that a bit better but as long as you don't use the turbo function, it's fine :). That's for Sticks or pads. Not that many games would benefit from using turbo anyway, so we won't be super strict on it.

Strider786 likes this.
  9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Apparently I'm the only ousider this time :°D I expect to have at least some free play with the londoners.

10. Firei

Firei Member

I'm sure the London players will be accommodating :). Casual play will be on all days in the casuals area, so feel free to get as many matches as possible. We also have our resident staff "Zak - Exonestar" doing match recordings for games so feel free to ask him if he can record your ft10s or whatever.

The event is 3 weeks away, so get ready!! Advance signups will be ending on the 15th of March, so please sign up to get the £15 for 3 day deal. If you can't make that, don't worry you can pay £20 on the door.

Practice up, and bring your best play. See you guys there!

11. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Plz Marly win!

12. Firei

Firei Member

Pre-registration is now closed, but you can still get to the venue by paying £20 at the door for all 3 days (excluding tournament entry)! Thanks to all who signed up early and I will see you there!

For people who couldn't make it, the stream will be here from 20th-22nd March.

http://www.twitch.tv/nthgenmedia

VF5FS will be on Sunday 22nd March roughly 12:30 GMT, so tune in to check out the action!

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    [​IMG]

Thanks for everyone who managed to make it. It was a small turnout but we had a lot of fun. Big thanks to the organisers of Sakura Fight Festa. Great event and i'll be attending whatever they host next.

Edit to add: Ash Kaiser AKA Raffle King won 3 prizes on the raffle...Again!! dammit.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Mister, Krye, Kamais_Ookin and 2 others like this.
  14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Parts of VF that were captured. From 2:37:00

And this one from about 1:26:30

Mister and Manjimaru like this.
  15. Firei

Firei Member

Sorry, this took so long, but the videos were massive and I've literally spent the last week uploading videos. Anyways, here are the HD versions of your matches for your convenience!

Top 4:

Winners FInals:

Losers Finals:

Grand Finals:

Full Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzr0kpYdr9peQfU2sVVLG3D2j2ZBe1VqY

Thanks again to all the players that came to Sakura Fight Festa 2015!