1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 Mar 2015] Virtua Fighter@Final Round 18 -- MARCH 20-22, 2015 ATLANTA, GA... (Atlanta, GA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Jan 28, 2015.

Virtua Fighter@Final Round 18 -- MARCH 20-22, 2015 ATLANTA, GA...
Start Date: 20 Mar 2015 07:00 PM
End Date: 20 Mar 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

1031 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30354

Posted By: BLACKSTAR

Confirmed Attendees: 5
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    [​IMG]

Back again for the 3rd year in a row! Virtua Fighter @ Final Round 18!

This year will bring some changes for VF@FR. This year's tourney will be very simple and straight to the point.

-$5 Entry Fee. Entry Fee will go straight to me (as cost recoup), and will NOT be added to the prize pot!

-System: PS3!

-$200 Guaranteed Prize Pot
    -1st place: $150, 2nd place: $45, 3rd place: $5
    -No trophy this year!

-Tourney will begin FRIDAY NIGHT (March 20th) at 7pm EST!

-Double Elimination

-Once again, the tourney will be a SIDE tournament, rather than a main tournament. This means that you can enter this tournament even if you only have a spectator's badge.

Also, a note about the stream. I want to apologize for the non existant streams of the last few tournaments. My intention was to stream using Sprint 4g service in ATL, but apparently Sprint 4g is totally worthless (IIRC, my upload speeds were something like 1 mbps and was about 10% of the bandwith necessary for a stream). This benefited absolutely nobody and in the end, that meant no stream for those eager to watch and hundreds of wasted dollars and bricked equipment for me. This year I am going to try another carrier (Verizon), unless someone has a better suggestion (which I would definitely love to hear!).

That being said, the stream will be on http://www.twitch.tv/BLACKSTAR_GA
    Match recordings will once again be at http://www.youtube.com/theBLACKSTARmovement

Thank you all for your continued support.

________________________________________________________________________​

Big shoutouts to everyone that came through last year, you guys really made it awesome. Seriously, I can't thank you guys enough.

@RaishinX
    @ToyDingo
    @Arjay
    @BlueLink
    @daRockReaper
    @ghabstopr
    @Negative_Nanzy
    @EmperorPaine

and of course, the winner for the second year in a row, Ryan Hart!!

[​IMG]

The official Final Round 18 post by Shin Blanka:

"FINAL ROUND LLC proudly presents:

FINAL ROUND 18

Date/Location:

March 20-22, 2015

Hilton Atlanta Airport
    1031 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354
    Tel: (404) 767-9000

My how times flies when you're having fun! We are back at it again for a 18th year and we aren't stopping anytime soon! There's 6 months until FINAL ROUND XVIII and the event will be here before you know it. Of course I personally would like to thank everyone in the FGC and the sponsors that have supported FINAL ROUND throughout the years because without you guys there wouldn't be any FINAL ROUND or scene! Online Registration for your games are up now and we are running an early bird registration special right now so get it while you can! ($30 for badge online while it's $50 at the door) We recommend you to register online as soon as possible to take advantage of the "Early Bird" special! You will receive a discount on the badge price based on the schedule below:

◦ $30 Player Badge if you register BEFORE November 1, 2014
    ◦ $40 Player Badge if you register BEFORE March 2, 2015
    ◦ $50 Player Badge Emergency Registration at the door unofficially on:

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 5:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST
    Friday, March 20, 2015 - 8:00 AM EST to 12:00 NOON EST

NOTE: EMERGENCY REGISTRATION IS NOT GUARANTEED - WE WILL ONLY ALLOW EMERGENCY REGISTRATION AS LONG AS THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS LEFT IN THE BRACKETS - THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY TO THE EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!

$20 Spectator fee. Children under the age of 10 (accompanied with parent) unless they are competing are free to spectate and elderly are also free to spectate. We will also have a lost badge fee of $10 for those that miss place your badge during the event, but you must show PROOF OF PURCHASE to receive the lost badge fee. If you can not show proof of purchase you will have to pay the full emergency door fee of $50 to regain entry to the event. If you are competing in ANY singles/teams/exhibition/side tournament at FR18 YOU MUST GET A PLAYERS BADGE TO COMPETE DURING FR18!

If you don't want to be in that long registration line on Friday please preregister online as soon as you can to make sure you're entered into the game you wish to compete in at FR18. We at FINAL ROUND LLC understand that sometime you don't have the entire amount ready to pay for badges and your games at the same time, so with said you can pay for your badges right now and add the games you wish to play later at a later date before online registration closes. Please preregister at the following link:

https://finalround.wufoo.com/forms/final-round-18-registration-form/

At FINAL ROUND LLC we care about our attendants and we have gotten a reduced room rate for everyone that will attend FR18. To reserve a room under the FINAL ROUND 18 group rate you would need to click on the following link and in the left top side it will say (To get started, choose a guest type) and in the box you should select "Attendee" and the dates you wish to reserve!

2 DOUBLE BEDS=$95 PER NIGHT
    1 KING BED= $95 PER NIGHT
    2 QUEEN BEDS EXECUTIVE FLOOR= $115 PER NIGHT
    1 KING BED EXECUTIVE FLOOR= $115 PER NIGHT

Remember that they will not charge your credit card when you reserve the room online. The only time they charge you is when you arrive to check into your room! Please go to this link to reserve your room today:

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=11618166

If you that link doesn't work you would need to call the hotel to reserve a hotel room. if that is the case please call the hotel at 404-767-9000 and ask for the final round 18 group rate. They will not charge your card until you check in so don't miss out on getting your room today! Don't call the 1-800 number on the national website because they will not know about the fr group rate.

Here's the list of the following games that are on the official tournament line up:

Games:

Under Night In-Birth (PS3) - $10
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (WiiU) - $10
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) - $10
    ULTRA Street Fighter IV: (360) - $10
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $10
    Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3) - $10
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (360) - $10
    Killer Instinct Season 2 (XB1) - $10
    Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $10
    King of Fighters XIII (PS3) - $10
    Soul Calibur V (PS3) - $10
    Super Smash Brothers Melee - $10

All team/Community ran events will be must held on Friday March 20 as this is the only day we have available to run them in a timely manner. All team/exhibitions/community events must get approved by ME to be ran at FR18 period! Any "Community event" will be ran by the communities that requested their game to be played at FR18. Remember that Community event doesn't mean it won't happen. If I allow it at FR then it's a tournament regardless of the label. Hence the name EVENT in the title. We would just need some help with the systems/games and you will have an area to play and run the tournament. All community events registration will be at the door only.

Team/exhibitions/community events that are confirmed as of now are as followed:

Of course we are going to bring back the popular series "CURLEY MUSTACHE BATTLE ROYALE" 5v5 team Regional tournament. The hype of FR + CM is too powerful and I know there will be more regions/teams allowed this year! More details coming soon for this instant classic!

Project M
    VF5US
    BB
    P4U2
    MvC2
    ST - in the arcade room
    3S - in the arcade room

We will have a BYOC room for people to play casuals during the event that spectators can play also. We will also have a FINAL ROUND Arcade thanks to Tony Majors. The same guy who brought the arcade to TFC is packing up his gear and driving to the ATL so everyone can enjoy the acrade scene! Here's a small list of games that will be at FR18:

Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo - on h2h Japanese cabinets
    Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - on h2h Japanese cabinets
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 - on head 2 head japanese cab with Sanwa parts
    Capcom VS SNK 2 - Japanese cab
    Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Japanese cab
    Samurai Showdow 2 - American stand up cab Japanese parts
    Double Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and many more.

As always I really don't want people to forget the origins of the FGC, so having some type of link to the past is important to me and the arcade is where this community came from. Spectators can play casuals in the arcade.

We will have multiple streams for FR18 for those that can not attend FR18 to get a small taste of the event. We are glad to have the following streamers for FR18:

Stream #1= Team Spooky - http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
    Stream #2= FunkyP - http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
    Anime = http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive
    Injustice = Kombatnetwork - http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork
    Smash stream to be announced!

We will have more updates as the months pass by so keep your eyes open for the goodies in future post! Man how times flies when you're having fun! I can't wait to see everyone and again and hopefully meet some new players in the FGC at FR18. It's on now shawty! See you guys in march."

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Do you think your going to get the bstar stream up or are they going to TBag you again?

3. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    We'll see. I'm gonna try a new approach, which means signing up for a Verizon contract that I will probably use at most once a year, if not outright cancel the contract afterward for an extremely inflated price

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
  5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'd like to know that too!

But yeah, tbh, I'm sure the only reason he showed up last year was because it was the first stop of the Capcom Cup. And their just so happened to be a VF tournament that was essentially free money for him.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up for the third time in a row for that reason, tho the prize munney is less this year.

But yeah, @MarlyJay , you have any insider info?

6. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    maybe

7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Nope. He does enjoy VF though so if he's there and knows VF is there i imagine he'd enter.

8. BlueLink

BlueLink Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLUELINKBR
    I will be there once again :) I haven't been training much on the last 3 months since my only sparring partner in Brazil is studying for applying to college, but yeah, I can't wait to see you guys again and play some of dat VF.

BLACKSTAR and ToyDingo like this.
  9. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Oh come on, we weren't THAT free...:(

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  10. ShinyBrentford

Jwong made 4th. That's pretty Free

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  11. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

I know a few tekken players that may be able to contact him.

12. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    [​IMG]

13. ShinyBrentford

Just giving a example of dat GA freedom.

Tricky and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  14. J.D.E.

J.D.E. Active Member

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Oh wow! Looks like I found this right in the nick of time lol hahaha. If I get there before 7 est, 6cst, I will enter. I have class before I head down & there's no telling how traffic will be. If not, I will stop by, talk & get a few sets in.

BlueLink and BLACKSTAR like this.
  15. ShinyBrentford

I couldn't find the GA thread, so I will just this post this here. I will be in GA next week and will be trying to set up the Albany GA Shiny Grape party if any of you want that purple stuff. I know @BLACKSTAR wants in it.

16. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    Counter the 'purple stuff' with some Sunny D. Brush that stuff aside. :zzz:

Shag and BLACKSTAR like this.
  17. ShinyBrentford

I WANT THAT GRAPE DRINK!!!!! SUGAR, WATER, AND PURPLE!!!

Shag, BLACKSTAR and ToyDingo like this.
  18. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    When and where

19. ShinyBrentford

Honestly still working on it. I will be there for family. How far are you from Albany?

20. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'm in Atlanta, so Albany would be a few hours drive for me.