1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Tokai Cup 5v5 Tournament Stream

Discussion in 'News' started by BLACKSTAR, Jan 9, 2016.

By BLACKSTAR on Jan 9, 2016 at 12:23 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    In just a few hours, one of the most exciting stops on the Virtua Fighter Relationship tour will be underway -- The 2016 Tokai Cup(2016東海杯)!

The Tokai Cup is a 5v5 character-locked tournament; teams must consist of at least three different characters. 165 players in 33 teams will be travelling from all across Japan to Club Sega Nagoya, where they will compete among the nation's best.

2016tokai.jpg

The last year's 2015 Tokai Cup was held back in July, in which team Monte Carlo(モンテカルロ), featuring Star Player-Anaguma(穴熊), took the big win.

Be sure to check out the stream, which starts January 10th at 12pm JST. For North Americans, that's tonight, January 9th at 10pm EST, or 3am GMT. The stream will be held on the Tokai Bay twitch page.

Special Thanks: @-nero-

akai, Sozos, 40i4 and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by BLACKSTAR, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      Is this gonna be archived or will someone be recording this? I'll be watching but I tend to fall asleep around 1-2AM EST. :cry: I've never been good at staying up very late at night.
    2. kungfusmurf
      kungfusmurf
      Be quiet please, baby is sleeping.:ninja:
    3. Unicorn
    4. cmase1989
      cmase1989
      "The last year's 2015 Tokai Cup was held back in July, in which team Monte Carlo(モンテカルロ), featuring Star Player-Anaguma(穴熊), took the big win."

Anaguma is the Kage player in the video at the end? I thought he just played Jacky?
    5. cmase1989
      cmase1989
      Sorry yeah i realize now he is the jacky player. Im assuming theres more after it cuts off now
    6. Tricky
      Tricky
      do we know who won and what characters were represented in top 5?

Eileen team players at the 9:52 min mark in this video http://www.twitch.tv/tokaibay/v/34594070 and they are winning too! I couldn't find any other recorded footage of the Eileen players, but I'm happy to see this at least. I'll be doing a breakdown of the matches with Eileen in a stream later and have some dojo going at the same time. Once I figure out the mechanics for how to get that up on the stream I'll do it. I saw some really great new tech, optimized old tech, and just general new hotness in those Eileen players!
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    7. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      There where more eileen games played on the stream not much, but some
    8. Tricky
      Tricky
      omg unicorn when?! WHy are you teasing me like this !!!
    9. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      I jsut downloaded all 3 "big" archives and superspeed through it. I saw eileen being played on at least 3 instances I think, but I did not pay attention to her specifically

One example is actually in here:
      https://youtu.be/UD0kPDxM_Gs?t=2h11m12s
      including superrare eileen vs eileen matchup ;) (btw there is another eileen like 3 or 5 minutes after this set ends)
      Tricky likes this.
    10. Myke
      Myke
      You can now find the 2016 Tokai Cup archived under the VFDC Media section:

VFR 2016 Tokai Cup (東海杯) Pt.1

VFR 2016 Tokai Cup (東海杯) Pt.2

Thanks to @Project Bokuho for the submission!