1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[26 Apr 2014] SEGA Cup 2014 (Walnut, CA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Jan 30, 2014.

By Plague on Jan 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SC2014.jpg In 2013, competitors from all over the world battled for over $16,000 in cash and prizes distributed to top 16 finalists. Amazing battles between players from Japan, Europe, Australia, Korea, US and many more were showcased on stream to viewers worldwide. As the competition settled, it was Razer Fuudo who triumphed over all and claimed his title as Sega Cup’s 2013 Champion!

SEGA and Level|Up are back in action with the annual event for fighting game fans worldwide! SEGA Cup Virtua Fighter Tournament returns to Super Arcade in Walnut, California this April 26, 2014. We’re looking for the best of the best to compete in Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown on the PlayStation 3. Top 16 finalists will win cash prizes so expect quality matches, entertainment, and hype with players from all over the world. More details will be available soon on http://sega.com/segacup .

SEGA Cup 2014
Start Date: 26 Apr 2014 10:00 AM
End Date: 27 Apr 2014 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

Posted By: Plague

Confirmed Attendees: 19
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Jan 30, 2014.

• SEGA Cup 2014
    Start Date: 26 Apr 2014 10:00 AM
    End Date: 27 Apr 2014 12:00 AM
    Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

1211 N. Grand Ave
    Walnut, CA 91789

Posted By: Plague

Confirmed Attendees: 19
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
    1. Kamais_Ookin
      Kamais_Ookin
      Unacceptable. I email organizer to help change this. I hope it was just a mistake on their part.
      IcKY99 and Rodnutz like this.
    2. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      I'm sure it's a mistake. Valle understands VF well enough to know this is unfair.
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    3. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      How is it a problem? It was 3/5 last year.

Time I can kinda understand, but even then, who cares, no big deal.
    4. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      Oh wait, now I've just exposed my lack of reading skill, 3/5 rounds, not games
    5. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Everyone is mad about 60 sec rounds!
    6. akai
    7. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      The rules will be sorted out like they always have.

In other news I talked with Valle he said they are looking into streaming the vf team battle the day before (aka Friday night).
      JacobEvo and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    8. Kamais_Ookin
      Kamais_Ookin
      I missed the team battle last year because I had an exam the same day and arrived really late, looking forward to participating in it this time around - maybe the Wednesday Night Fight prior to Sega Cup too!
      Plague likes this.
    9. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      ICKY thats not the problem lol. lf a player lets there guard down they can lose in 10 sec. Its the 5 freakin ROUNDS. I dont think do this in japan. Thats extremely tedious and tiring. Those who make it to the top 8 at the end of the day would have a splitting headache and would lose XD.
    10. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      That too 5 rounds? No other games do this!
    11. Kamais_Ookin
      Kamais_Ookin
      3 out of 5 rounds is not 5 rounds you fool. :/

The problem is 60s timer when the default tournament standard is 45s. Longer timer is better for shun... And time outs' are rare as it is with 45s, you'd never see it with 60.
    12. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      No. 5 round games, not sets is what i meant. As for shun its w/e. Hopefully they change this.
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    13. Shidosha
      Shidosha
      taka doesn't see what the fuss is about
      Ellis, BlackGeneral and BLACKSTAR like this.
    14. daRockReaper
      daRockReaper
      The only difference between 45 second rounds and 60 second rounds is that you go from very rare time outs to almost none unless they play the most defensive game of VF I've ever seen. It may give shun more time to drink mid-match, but most shuns gain drinks on hits and throws anyway, so it's still not that serious guys.
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    15. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      3/5 rounds is not a problem. It's what we did at SEGA Cup last year. Everyone seemed to like the format too.

And who cares about what Japan standards are? They don't have anything to do with us. I dont understand why people have this love affair with doing what Japan does simply for the sake of it. We are NOT Japan.

And 60 seconds or 45 second matches aren't going to change the outcome of many matches
    16. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      Who all is trying to go to Wednesday Night Fights? I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth changing my plane ticket to attend it this year.
      IcKY99 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    17. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      Last year there was a wnf and Friday team tourney
    18. Shidosha
      Shidosha
      jobless again, since they knew i was planning on moving on soon they replaced me w/ someone else in my time slot. Plans went from gr8 to grim again. Wish me luck :/
    19. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Once again im not talking bout 3/5 matches. Im talking bout 1 game of 5 rounds,60 sec. Rounds 5 up to 9 of 1 game. Thats going to be tedious especially against good players.
    20. pana
      pana
      You know what's tedious, trying to explain anything to you.