1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

5 Steps Introducing Virtua Fighter's game system

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by akai, Nov 5, 2007.

1. katsudon37

katsudon37 Well-Known Member

Re: 5 Steps Introducing Virtua Fighter's game syst

I love those pics! Thanks!

2. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

That is from the guide or the manual. Maybe both. I forget. I would have to look at them.

3. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

Hey, any luck with this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The 5 steps or rules listed above are basic guidelines in how to approach the Virtua Fighter 5 game system. It summarizes the information from the pocket guides “Virtua Fighter Instructions†Volume 1 and 2, freely available on virtuafighter.jp website. An adapted and translated version of these beginner guides is being worked on. </div></div>

It would be great to have that. Thanks for traslating!

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Wow its been almost a full year since then. Yes I have finished translating a while back, but never put the time to put it into diagrams and pictures.

Most of the "detailed" information can be found in the wiki. The main thing I was trying to do with this post (and what those instruction packers were meant to do) is to simplify how VF can be played without all the evade-throw-escape, 1-frame escape, fuzzy guard techniques.

5. FcoBenitez

Woah man, can I ask you to upload somewhere those intructional booklets? I'm planning to just give those at my local arcade so people will start looking more at this "unknown fighting game" - hope you don't mind if I just give it for free.

Thanks in advance

6. FcoBenitez

(how can I edit my posts?)

Sorry akai, just noticed that you explained that you translated those, but didn't wrote those into the booklets itself. If you're OK with this, I can put those texts onto the diagrams and things.

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

website with the PDFs

As for editing posts, you only have an 8 hour limit to edit your posts.

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Have you still got the translations of all 5?

If you have, could you send it me. I'll attempt to photoshop the diagrams in the link you posted so they have the translated text.

9. FcoBenitez

Oops, akai, I meant the translated booklets. If I gave those in japanese people will run away afraid of VF! hehe

10. FcoBenitez

Sorry for bumping the thread, but did you placed the translated diagrams and images on the VF5 guides?

11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Sorry, I entirely forgot about this! What I wrote in the first post, summarizes the main points from the brochures.

Unfortunately, I do not have a full electronic document with the rough translations. I did most of the translations on paper, which I currently do not know where I placed them -_-;;.

I do have a small portion of the brochures translated saved on an electronic file. Belligerent_Feck, if you are still up to doing the cut and paste...here is some of it. This has been put on very bottom of the pile of things I want to do. So unless this is something a lot of people would like to have, it most likely won't be finished anytime soon.

Again, sorry for the very late reply to your previous post.

レバーとボタンの操作方法
    Everything is decided by how you use the lever and three buttons!
    1本のレバーと3つのボタンですべてが決まる!
    レバー Lever (i.e. the joystick or direction pad)
    パンチ Punch
    キック Kick
    ガード Guard
    バーチャファイターの操作は、レバー1本と3つのボタンを使う。
    Control your Virtua Fighter simply by manipulating the lever and the three buttons.
    どんなに複雑な技でも、これらの組み合わせで出せるんだ。
    All sorts of techniques is performed depending on the sequence and combination of inputs entered.
    レバーで操作すること
    Operating the Lever
    移動 (8 方向) Moves your fighter (8 directions)
    ダッシュ移動 (前後のみ) Dash (front and back)
    しゃがみダッシュ (前後のみ) Crouch Dash (front and back)
    レバーを長く入力
    Hold the lever in the direction indicated.
    レバーを短く入力
    Press the lever in the direction indicated briefly.

ボタンで操作すること
    Operating the buttons
    キックボタン Kick Button
    各種キック攻撃が出せるぞ
    All sorts of leg techniques are produced from this button.
    パンチボタン Punch Button
    各種パンチ攻撃が出せるぞ
    All sorts of hand techniques are produced from this button.
    ガードボタン Guard Button
    押しているあいだガードするぞ
    Press this button to guard against strikes.

しゃがみガードは レバー と ガードボタン で!
    Use the lever and guard button to crouch guard!
    ガードボタンを押したまま、レバーを下方向
    に入力すると、しゃがみガードになるぞ。
    Simultaneously press the guard button and hold the lever in the down direction
    to crouch guard.
    ===

STEP 1: 基本ルールを 覚えよう!
    STEP 1: Memorize the basic rules!

===

STEP 2: 有利不利を 覚えよう! 有利不利って何?
    STEP 2: Recognize advantage and disadvantage situations! What are advantage and disadvantage situations?

===

STEP 3: さらに覚えておきたい攻撃と防御 避け と 回転打撃
    STEP 3: More basic rules to remember about offense and defense Evade and Circular Strikes

===

STEP 4: 相手にダメージ を確実に与える コンボ、ヒット確認、確定反撃
    STEP 4: Reliably inflict damage to your opponent combo, hit confirmation, decision counterattack

===

Step 5: 対戦での基本行動を 覚えよう!
    STEP 5: Memorize the basic flow of competition!

12. FcoBenitez

Hey Akai, thanks!

I already started copying the translated text onto the PDF, but I have a question:

Wich one of these 2 sentences is the one translated?

レバーとボタンの操作方法
    Everything is decided by how you use the lever and three buttons!
    1本のレバーと3つのボタンですべてが決まる!

Also, we'll have to use shorter phrases maybe, because the space is very small to put very long sentences.

I'll keep you updated!

And again, thanks!

Edit: Take a look, it looks great in my opinion

[​IMG]

Edit 2: OK, the 70% of the translated text is done. When I finish this part, I'll upload it so you guys can tell me what do you think about it.

13. Dullyanna

Dullyanna Member

I'm sorry if this question was already asked (And I'm kinda sure it was, somewhere), but if you input a throw with a direction that isn't required, i.e. 2P+G with Brad (It makes him do his basic throw, since he doesn't have a 2P+G command throw), do you have to alter the throw break accordingly?

14. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Hey Dullyanna. I don't believe this is the case - you only have to input the throw command that mirrors the input required to perform the actual throw. So in your example, even if your opponent entered 2P+G, you would only need to use P+G to break the throw attempt.

15. Goblin

Goblin New Member

Hi every

I am new to forum and I have come here to seek some advice regarding specifically the Conquerer ranking bar in Virtua Fighter 5.
    w
    I have successfully acheived conquerer ranking in VF5 with the experience bar more than half full.
    I fought a someone who had a Barbaarian rank and after beating him my experience bar was afected.
    Does anyone know why this is?

Note: I am aware that experience ranking bars are affected either with people who are two ranks up or down.

Please can someone help me out.

Thanks

16. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    This doesn't make any sense, you say experience ranking bars are affected when people are two ranks down but barbarian is several ranks down from conqueror, I think your actually an avenger or something because your bar can't move when your a conqueror in the first place.