1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Eileen Unblockables

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by EvenPit, May 24, 2015.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Okay so I've been playing around with some of Eileen's lesser used moves throughout the course of a casual match and wanted to talk about her [6][K][+][G]. Overall it is okay move. It has quite a bit of distance on it, its only -5 on guard, it has a low sweep follow-up, and if guarded is cancelable into other cancelable or combo ending moves. The unblockable part comes in if you OM to the opponents side and hit off [6][K][+][G]-[2][1][4][K][+][G]. The first hit [6][K][+][G] must be blocked for this to work and will grant Eileen [+]1 on the side, then the [2][1][4][K][+][G] (which is a 2-hit 18f mid followed by a 5f high) will connect leaving your opponent unable to block. You also must be aware which side you OM to as this only can work if OM towards opponents back not stomach. Now the timing is tricky for this and you have to have your inputs in perfect. The [2][1][4][K][+][G] must be intput before the animation of her [6][K][+][G] finishes if you know what I mean it cannot be done after, it has to be like your inputting 1 move. This makes this hard to do under pressure but of course can be done and actually these's footage of this of me testing for the 1st time thanks to nWo you can find the video. This risk/reward for using this is "meh". If your opponent ducks or sidesteps (in the correct direction) your [6][K][+][G] you can be launched free, and if you screw up the inputs and do the low sweep by accident and your opponent blocks, you get launched again for free.

So tldr OM to side [6][K][+][G]-[2][1][4][K][+][G] and score knockdown or ring out. (use with caution)

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    There are still unknown side turned black arts out there yet...

Tricky likes this.
  3. EvenPit

This is stance specific depending on what character your up against, so you have to be aware. (I'll update on who exactly it will work on and how you and your opponent needs to be standing later). Strange this won't work on some characters I know for a fact it won't work on Taka and really there is no benefit to using it on him anyway .
    IMG_20150525_191154.jpg

This is the tightest I can get, with my inputs and any slower it seems like the game just disregards your [2][1][4][K][+][G] and gives you the low sweep followup. I'd set the difficulty at like a 8 out of 10.

4. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

Looks like the blocked [6][K][+][G] in side turn (toward back) forces back turn on some characters, allowing the cancel into [2][1][4][K][+][G] to hit even if the opponent is still holding [G]? That's nifty.

EDIT: Looks like it doesn't work on Wolf and Jeff. That's not surprising, I guess. Cancelling into [2][1][4][P] will hit them though, giving you +7. But obviously that can just be ducked under since it's high.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    EvenPit likes this.
  5. EvenPit

Yup.. it's a no go if you're fighting Wolf, Taka, or Jeff guessing the [6][K][+][G] isn't strong enough to force them back a turned. There are still a lot of solid mixups you can do though thanks to her cancel ability.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I just thought this happened because 6K+G is +17 on block from the side if you're cancelling and 214K+G is an 18f mid so is unblockable and unevadeable.

Edit to add:
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to think the move goes from sideturn to backturn on BLOCK. No other move in the game i can think of has this property.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  7. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

You're probably right. The +1 it displays is probably in reference to if you don't cancel into anything after. Canceling into 214P does register as a back hit though if they continue to stand block, according to dojo, so I was shooting in the dark with my assumption based on that.

8. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    So lets investigate this. What about other cancel moves? What happens if you 236K instead of 214K+G? Is it blockable?

9. EvenPit

I tried canceling into her [9][P][+][K][+][G][P] which is 11 frames just like her jab, but the start-up for that's move is too slow so it didn't work. I tried 236K as well and it didn't work either maybe if it was a mid though. I also tried 9P+K+GK, 236P+KK.

The best I think can be done is cancel into monkey split to make them hopefully fail evade then use the unblockable options off of that stagger.

10. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It isn't 11f though. It's 25f.

If 236K doesn't work then it's likely a combination of the speed of 214K+G and hitboxes. I'd try 214Pand see if that gets blocked by a standing opponent. It has big lateral range.

11. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    ok, so this definetly works, cant be evaded, crouched or attackd out of. But only from toward Back ST, this makes it different then the other ST black arts i know of.
    The one way to defend this is to duck the 6 K+G alltogether , same way you kill Kage's

Marly, where you getting the +17 on ST guard from? I know we all see +1, but where did you hear +17 and how would we know? Strange if there is an advantage that is not listed, and i usually assume she has no real adv. from these cancels because we can always attack out of them, so none are guaranteed...until now... so for now I am chalking it up to Side turned black arts, not frame advantage. Just like kage 4p+k,p and Jean charged k~kk

12. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Holy ballz!! Even Pit, ST 6K+G~9p+k+g,p = magic , its not guaranteed, but it keeps opponent locked in side turned and get this...switches opponent stance !?!? so lets say you are ST but you are not on the correct side to get the unblockable, you can theoretically use this now to keep them locked in and switch them to correct side !....crazy. I love VF!!!

EvenPit likes this.
  13. EvenPit

This sounds interesting but I'm kinda confused about the "switches opponents stance" thing. When I do it, weather the opponent is set to counter, normal, or block after the 9P+K+G hits I don't see a stance switch?

14. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    This thread here. All that hard work. No one read it. ever :(

And i think it's a combination of the 2. The frame advantage mixed with the positioning allows 214K+G to hit from the back.

I can get this to work from BOTH sides. Opponents front and back, so long as you OM to Eileens FRONT. This makes the 214K+G move to hit the opponent from behind. If you do it on the other side it hits them at the front (no longer Side Turned), where you'd think they'd block it from the side.

Boom, another one solved :D

EvenPit, Tricky and GrizzlyTrollton like this.
  15. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Side turned 6K+G~9p+k+g,p, if they were locked in to left shoulder side turned , after blocking this they should be right shoulder side turned.

Marly, dont understand both sides so long as you OM front, isnt that the sides we are talking about?

16. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    What i'm saying is OM to Eileen's (the character you are using) front (as opposed to back). What you're trying to do is ensure the way Eileen moves around the opponent so the hitbox of 214K+G connects with the opponents back.

@EvenPit said OM towards OPPONENTS BACK but this isn't correct. It will always work so long as Eileen OM towards her own front. Doesn't matter what leg opponent has in front, so works in both open and closed stances.

Try it in dojo to see. It only takes 1 frame to go from BT to ST, which is why i think the frame adv is important. It might not be though. It's definitely mostly due to weird hitboxes and movement.

EvenPit likes this.
  17. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Got it marly thanx for clarifying, I was thinking it was only opponent that mattered, good catch

18. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

just adding that she has many guaranteed situations on hit from her cancel techniques, and all the listed frame data is assuming you have not decided to continue a string or cancel into a "stance." None of the frame data realized takes into account cancels or interrupt techniques. To get that you gotta checkout the thread that Marly linked to.

19. EvenPit

Thanks for clarifying this actually makes it easier and practial not worrying about how my opponent is standing.

20. EvenPit

Only way this works on Wolf Jeff or Taka is if they press [2] while holding block after her [4][K][+][G] is blocked they can't even flinch, they have to choose before hand. There is no visual que. That's why I thought at first it worked on Wolf and Jeff but most likely the player was dedicated to blocking sweep and pressed [2] and got caught.