1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[8 Aug 2014] Czech Arcade International (Prague)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

By Unicorn on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Czech Arcade International is this year's major Czech Fighting Games tournament which takes place on the weekend from 8th to 10th August 2014. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is on the cards, and foreign players are expected from Germany, Austria, Poland and more! This is shaping up to be the largest VF5FS tournament in Europe this year, so don't miss out!

czech-arcade-intl.png

This year, fighters are invading RE-Load Gaming Club which is in the heart of Prague. Travel ten minutes and you will find yourself in the very center of Prague.

(unicorn's note on foreign players: this info stand for confirmed KOF, UMVC and USF players).

Registrations will open during June.

Tournament games:
    • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    • Ultra Street Fighter 4
    • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • The King of Fighters 13
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    More info yet to come - accomodation, traveling, enntry fees, prizes etc. All the details are and will be at tournament page - http://international.czecharcade.com/.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    WolfKing and kingo like this.
Czech Arcade International
Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

• Czech Arcade International
    Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
    End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
    Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
    Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
    The following users have RSVP'd "No":
    1. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Ok more info regarding the Prague

Prague taxi drivers have TERRIBLE reputation - and unfortunatelly for a reason. If you will going to use taxi, I will recommend you this company - they are supposed to be fair. Also, they should know english and it should be possible to order the car via internet (for a better price).

http://www.ticktack.cz/en

If you will use standard taxi, there is a chance you will pay ridiculous amount of money :(

On other handl, the prague public transportation is ok and safe to use :) And cheaper :) And last but not least - there is a serious chance I will have my car with me in Prague so I may help you with transportation as well if needed
    2. Chibitox
      Chibitox
      Man the only tourney I can't go is the one where Myke shows up :(
      Guess I'll have to go to Australia then :)
      Pai~Chun and Myke like this.
    3. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Time to change your schedule so you will actually come to Prague! ;)
      Myke likes this.
    4. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      The organizers told me today the tourney is limited for 50 people and up to this you may "arrive on your own risk"
      I am still in argumentation with them but to be sure, I registrated 3 VF players who are not confirmed yet (kingo, DWR and Knot from CZ). If they will nto come (Knot probably wont), at least we will have free space to fill us in :)

@MarlyJay is Ash comming with you or not?
    5. Jide
      Jide
      Hi Unicorn, I am looking to book Mosaic Place, Can you confirm its pretty close to the venue , good for sight seeing and going out late at night!

I am looking to arrive on the 7th as well.
    6. Mister
      Mister
      DWR is not gonna make it, at least that's what he told me. Sounds like I'm going to be the only italian dude for vf this time.
    7. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Yes it is close to both venue and sightseeing places.

it is close to Karls bridge (which is close to pragues castle) and to venceslavs square, so basically to everything.
      To the venue it is 8 minutes by tram (no changing needed), or abou 200 CZK (8 euro) with taxi if you will get fair price. Or 15 minutes by walk (basically all you need to do is to cross the bridge).
    8. Chibitox
      Chibitox
      I want to see a "Mister vs Unicorn king of the Wolf" mirror match !!
      Make it happen guys !;)
      Tocuh and Unicorn like this.
    9. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Trust me, we will make happen EVERYTHING ;)
    10. kingo
      kingo
      Ok uni, I just booked my tickets.
      I will arrive friday 08/08/2014 at 12:55, and will leave in sunday 10/08/2014 at 16:35.

I will finally take the plane, bus is taking too long ( 18 hours !!! )
      Will be short in money, so I'm counting on you unicorn..:D

GFA my french buddy will confirmed tomorrow I guess, I think he will come with me at 90%.

See you there !!

Would like to do Kage mirror matches with Myke !:p

I'm tired of playing with that scrubby italian Kage player...
      G0d3L and Myke like this.
    11. kingo
      kingo
      By the way, how to get to the tournament venue from the Ruzyne Airport ?
      Taxi, busn, train or something ?
    12. Myke
      Myke
      Accepted!
      Tocuh likes this.
    13. G0d3L
      G0d3L
      Myke make you a favor and don't waste your time there XD
      kingo and Sozos like this.
    14. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Youre at my mercy now! Ololololol :D :D

Yeah ofc, you can count on me ;) When are you arriwing?
    15. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Godel make you a favor and dont 't waste your time anywhere else then in Prague XD

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Me so sad youre not comming :(
    16. GFrAnco
      GFrAnco
      I confirmed my plane i come with Kingo! :)
    17. kingo
      kingo
      You don't read all my messages in this thread or... ?:D
      Sorry, since my bitch G0d3L will not be there, I need someone else to pick at...:D:D:D

What about a cheap hotel ? can you advice us one ?
      We need a room for 4 people ( krye, GFAsux, me, and Mistersux )
    18. Mister
      Mister
      Kingo you arrive the 8th, while I'm arriving the 7th. I think I'll go with people that arrive and leave my same days (i'm leaving the 10th).

One question I have for unicorn: what king of plug do you have there? I'm just wondering if I have to buy some adapter for my phone's charger.
    19. G0d3L
      G0d3L
      I'm mad too...
      Real life shit sucks.

Hope you guys will have tons of fun as always.

And please @kingo don't get lost at the airport as always #ScrubInEverything XD

And @Jide please land as much as you can Goh's guard break on the careless No Man No Krye (possibly recorded)
    20. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Same as we had in France on WGC: two round holes plus one ground "stick". I believe same as you had in Itally? It is called French Style / Schuko on following link
      http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=143

Ask your stomach if me is the right choice, you Kingofbadjokes :p

Personally, I am going to stay in student hostel (dormitory) linked earlier in this thread:
      http://www.studenthostel.cz/strahov_en.html
      it is about 15 mins by bus / 30 mins by walk (more then 1/2 of it through park, lol) away from the venue and relatively cheap (800/ czk / night for room for 2 is about 15 euro per person per night).
      The rooms are small but I was told they are clean and decet.
      I will sty there with xliiv and maybe Myke will join us too (still waiting for his reply regarding this). I will have there at least1 PS3 setup and 1 X360 setup as well, plus camera to record at least one screen games as often as possible.

BTW Anyone knows ho AKIM is? He registrated just yesterday and while this name does not ring any nell for me, he is from france obviously, using the same registration mail as GFA
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2014