1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[8 Aug 2014] Czech Arcade International (Prague)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

By Unicorn on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Czech Arcade International is this year's major Czech Fighting Games tournament which takes place on the weekend from 8th to 10th August 2014. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is on the cards, and foreign players are expected from Germany, Austria, Poland and more! This is shaping up to be the largest VF5FS tournament in Europe this year, so don't miss out!

czech-arcade-intl.png

This year, fighters are invading RE-Load Gaming Club which is in the heart of Prague. Travel ten minutes and you will find yourself in the very center of Prague.

(unicorn's note on foreign players: this info stand for confirmed KOF, UMVC and USF players).

Registrations will open during June.

Tournament games:
    • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    • Ultra Street Fighter 4
    • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • The King of Fighters 13
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    More info yet to come - accomodation, traveling, enntry fees, prizes etc. All the details are and will be at tournament page - http://international.czecharcade.com/.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    WolfKing and kingo like this.
Czech Arcade International
Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

• Czech Arcade International
    Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
    End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
    Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
    Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
    The following users have RSVP'd "No":
    1. 40i4
      40i4
      This is me:
      Arrival date 08/08/2014 13:20
      Travel date 11/08/2014 15:40

It looks like i'm gonna be lonely a bit on 11th monday.
      Will you all leave it in the morning? :)
    2. kingo
      kingo
      Yeah, it would be nice to know who leave sunday or monday, so that we can decide if it's not better to book until sunday instead if only 2-3 guys leave on monday
    3. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Im leaving on monday, as well as Myke and Xliiv are AFAIK.
      I think Mister, GFA and Kingo are leaving 10th
      And MArly plus Jide are not decided yet, right? Kryes as well,but he leans toward monday

I will probably just book for whole 4 days to make things easy and I will hope it will not get me broke with evrryone leaving on sunday, leaving me to pay for whole apartment :p
      Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
      Myke likes this.
    4. Jide
      Jide
      I'm pretty sure I will be leaving on Monday.
      Arriving on Thursday as well.
    5. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      OK, so the apartment is booked and the booking is confirmed.

Check in is THU at 1PM or later (I think I will be there at 1 to get everything right and then we will just meet there)
      Check out is MON at 11AM. I think this is OK time for us who will stay to go for meal and then leave for our planes (or buses :p )

The price is 1700 CZK per person (should be about 62 EUR or something like that), if everyone will just pay the same amount no matter how long they stay.
      Other option is 3825 CZK (about 140 EUR) per day, split between all who are staying there.

I will like to ask you all to agree on one or other option and to give me the money once in Prague, as my personall bank account is now more or less ruined and it is my wife who is holding the family one :D
    6. Krye
      Krye
      Awesome Uni! Appreciate the effort :)
    7. Myke
      Myke
      Since I'm staying the full length of time, Mon-Thu, then I obviously don't mind if we just all split the cost evenly, especially considering how much my airfare is setting me back! ;)

But seriously, I won't object either way. Really looking forward to meeting and hanging out with you all!
      cobratron likes this.
    8. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      OK in the booking form I found traveling instructions, may help most (if not all) of you
      ARRIVAL INSTRUCTION FROM THE AIRPORT --
      The cheapest easy access from Prague Ruzyne Airport we recommend is as follows : /The total cost of this trip by public transport is 32 Czech crowns = 1.25 Euro . The ticket is obtainable from the automat machine at the airport bus stop in front of the arrivals.
      In front of airport board bus no. 100 that will take you to Zlicin Metro Terminal Station . At Zlicin terminal Metro station take 10 stops to Charles Square (Karlovo namesti) underground station.Once at Karlovo Namesti station exit out of train and turn left use the exit stairs in direction of train movement. That takes you to the centre of Karlovo Namesti / Charles square . From there short distance to our building -ZITNA street no. 4.
      At Karlovo Namesti metro station you look for exit Karlovo Namesti -/not the opposite Palackeho nam/ and once out you look for the highest Tower on the square in northern direction - that is the New Town City Hall , go across the park and look for the Zitna 4 Street where all one direction traffic goes downhill across the square. Turn uphill into that road - Zitna street no 4 is 2 nd entry on right hand side.
      At the airport there are also taxi services charging approximately 500 czech crowns= 20 Euro for the trip directly to our door.
      And now a question :)
      I am planning to bring 2 full setups with me - one x360 and one ps3, accompanied with TVs. I am not sure if 2 consoles - 4 players - will be enough to satisfy 9 people, but this is all I have at home. Should I try to get some more setups (but they will probably be PS3s, as this is the main consol of FGC CZ), or will this be enough for our purposes?
    9. Mister
      Mister
      Even if I'm leaving one day earlier i don't mind paying 62€. The other hotel options were more or less the same when I gave a first look.
    10. kingo
      kingo
      Thank you uniscrub !
      62 euros for the 4 days ? It should Ok for me.
      For the setup I 'm pretty sure 2 set ups is Ok,
      we can do some random character Team battle like in Rome ! ( <-- this idea is from me :D:D)
    11. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Marly wins again?

Also, this apartment have space for everyone?
    12. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      @MarlyJay there are 3 bedrooms with 9 beds (4+4+1), kitchen and some balcony or what, should be enough hopefully. From what I gathered it should be large.
      MarlyJay likes this.
    13. 40i4
      40i4
      i'm gonna bring x360 controller and have no converter. what's now?
      I thought tournament is gonna be on x360.
      Can i pay tournament fee personnally on the day or should i do it now, online?
      [update]
      it's possible. however i've just paid by paypal.

I can pay: 62euro
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    14. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Tournament will be X360 only.
      In the apartman, there will be X360 setup and PS3 setup (except Saturday, when I will lend my X360 console for the tournament at the morning, from where we will bring it with us on the evening again :D )

I was talking about PS3 setups because all X360s owned by FGC CZ members will be on the venue, none left to borrow for our apartment ;)

You can pay on the venue, but it will be 20 % more expensive (360 CZK instead of 300; what means about 14 eur instead of 11 if I am correct)
    15. kingo
      kingo
      Wait the money in cz is not euros ? The country is part of EU right ?
    16. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Yes, we are part of EU. No, we do not have Euro nor we are going to have it anytime soon. Yes, we are smart. Smarter then YOU :p
      Anyway for example Poland have teir Zloty as well yet is part of EU as much as France or Italy.

1 EUR is about 27 CZK right now, and it is quite easy to exchange money in the Prague.

EDIT: Just to compare - 1 beer is about 25-35 CZK for 1/2 liter, depending on where and what kind. If you buy a bottle in supermarket, it can be from 5 CZK up to about 25.
      Dinner you can have for 80-150, depending on same things.

I am not sure how much the core center of Prague will move this prices, but I will collect info where to go etc. before whole thing happen.
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
      cobratron likes this.
    17. Krye
      Krye
      But what's the use of the ps3? I don't think anyone's gonna bring a second stick with them tbh.. Maybe someone can bring an extra 360?

And lol at kingo, so cute.. haha ;)
    18. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      If anyone is able to bring X360 with FS, it would be great. I have none to my disposal, except the one I will bring with me.
      I was thinking everyone (or mostr of us) have dual-modded sticks or both-console converters. If not, then there is little to no use for this PS3 of mine.
      So, is someone able and willing to bring his X360 to Prague?

Anyway you Kingofknowledge, what do you eat for breakfest (except juggle starters on MC I mean)?
    19. Mister
      Mister
      I have a xbox360-> Ps3 converter, so i can play on ps3 too (finally i can use this thing XD). I don't wanna risk loosing my console because I'm going to fly with alitalia and they are very famous to lose your luggage... So whatever setup you make there I'm fine with it :p
    20. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      yeah thats true Mister, I should have one lagless (3ms) X360 into PS3 converter as well somewhere at home :D