1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[8 Aug 2014] Czech Arcade International (Prague)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

By Unicorn on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Czech Arcade International is this year's major Czech Fighting Games tournament which takes place on the weekend from 8th to 10th August 2014. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is on the cards, and foreign players are expected from Germany, Austria, Poland and more! This is shaping up to be the largest VF5FS tournament in Europe this year, so don't miss out!

czech-arcade-intl.png

This year, fighters are invading RE-Load Gaming Club which is in the heart of Prague. Travel ten minutes and you will find yourself in the very center of Prague.

(unicorn's note on foreign players: this info stand for confirmed KOF, UMVC and USF players).

Registrations will open during June.

Tournament games:
    • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    • Ultra Street Fighter 4
    • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • The King of Fighters 13
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    More info yet to come - accomodation, traveling, enntry fees, prizes etc. All the details are and will be at tournament page - http://international.czecharcade.com/.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    WolfKing and kingo like this.
Czech Arcade International
Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

• Czech Arcade International
    Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
    End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
    Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
    Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
    The following users have RSVP'd "No":
    1. 40i4
      40i4
      Second that as a polish guy :D

update:
      I will bring x360 arcade stick for sure.. and one of these.. x360 console OR spare underwear O_O.. .
      i can live with dirty pants if only i can play vf.. but i read something about sharing a room with others.. so what do you think, room mates? ;)
      to be serious.. i'll decide during packing if i take x360
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    2. Mister
      Mister
      Bring the console, if you need underwear you can always buy some. While it's more expensive to buy another xbox X°D.
      Also since we are in a flat, do we have also a washing machine?
    3. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      @40i4 take xbox for sure pls. And if you struggle, take spare underware in the CD mechanic. You do not need it at all, FS being DLC :p
      On more serious note, please let me know sooner then later as I will be managing transport of my consoles on Monday most probably, maybe on Tuesday. Thx

@Mister as far as I remember, there is washmashine. Also 2 bathrooms :p
    4. 40i4
      40i4
      I'll make simulation of packing on weekend. Do i have to take full console setup? I mean:
      1 console
      2 power box (how is this called? :p)
      3 power cable
      4 HDMI
      ?
      And provide final answer.
    5. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      @40i4 1-3 is correct. You can take your HDMI as well but I should have not forget mine one when I will be packing TVs, so hopefully this will be not needed. Anyway this one is pretty small :)

BTW xliiv you know Wacho is comming to the tourney as well, right? I think you know him from VF4 times..? Alos there is a chance ZSS will pay us a visit (as you and me, as he is not playing VF at all now) if you remeber him (he remember you for sure :) )
    6. Krye
      Krye
      Are the tvs hdmi compatible? Maybe scart is wise to bring along as well?

Anyway, good stuff guys!
    7. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      yeah, both my TVs are HDMI compatibile
    8. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Me and Jide will arrive Thursday evening and leave Monday evening
      Unicorn likes this.
    9. Krye
      Krye
      Arriving late afternoon on thursday, leaving monday afternoon. :)
    10. 40i4
      40i4
      I don't know 'wacho', i've heard something about him, but don't know him.
      You maybe mixed 'wacho' with 'wacha'. they are 2 different persons AFAIK. Wacha is the guy which visited you in your house with me and a few other guys (inc. ZSS). :)
      Of course i remeber ZSS, i used to chat online with him. Recently we were muted, though. :D
      Cool, nice to read it i hope ZSS will make it.
    11. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      @40i4 how it looks like with your bagage and your x360? Arethey compatibile or is it like trying to play Killer Instinct over PSN? ;)
    12. Myke
      Myke
      Is anyone arriving at Prague airport on Thursday around midday? If so, shall we meet up and brave Unicorn's travel instructions together?

Let me know! :)

Also, some general tourist questions:

1. Is WiFi access widely available and/or free either at the apartment or tournament venue? If not, can I get a reasonably cheap sim card from the airport?
      2. What's the average temperature like? Google says low-to-high twenties (deg C). Accurate?

p.s. after reading the travel instructions, I'm more and more thinking that I'll be catching a taxi :)
    13. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      wifi is free on the aparment. Not sure about site but the venue is large PC gaming club, so it may be. I ask prague guys, they may know
      Yeah. The forecast says 25/27/29/27/26 (max day tempreatures in Celsius) for the days you will be in Prague, which should be +- accurate
    14. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Also I am bringing my wifes mininotebook with me, it is small but usefull and will be free to use for anyone in need to access the internet from apartment :)

@Myke Also, got confirmation that on venue, wifi is free as well :)

to all, in case of need my phone number is
      +420 777 944 845
      if I will start talking in czech by accident after picking it up, just answer in english ;)
    15. Myke
      Myke
      Thanks Uni! I guess there's no need for a sim card then, right?
    16. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      I can not see any reason for you to buy it, especially if you have roaming for case of call-neccessity :)
      Myke likes this.
    17. 40i4
      40i4
      I think i'd rather buy local sim, anything recommended?. My operator's roamed 1MB cost is rather scary.

As we talked on jabber.. i bring the console. \o/
    18. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Recmomended? Use the free wifi on apartman? ;)
      No I really do not know, I may ask other players what is good for... what exactly you need?
    19. Myke
      Myke
      @Unicorn, can you tell us what the actual address of the apartment is?

When I enter "Zitna 4 Street Prague Czech Republic" in Google Maps, it can't find it.

Also, if you have the actual link to the apartment's URL (assuming it was advertised online), that would be great.
    20. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      @Myke
      https://www.airbnb.de/rooms/1317400?checkin=07.08.2014&checkout=11.08.2014&guests=9
      This is the link for the booking, most info included here

https://www.google.cz/maps/place/Žitná 1765/4, 120 00 Praha-Praha 2/@50.0772007,14.4219725,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x470b94f30c2eb753:0x512db9c9856b5a1e
      this is the link for googlemaps. If you have problems to find the proper adress in your GoogleMaps or any application, try this variants:
      Zitna 4 Praha
      Žitná 4 Praha
      Zitna 4 Prague
      At least one of them should work
      (BTW do not be surprised by 2 numbers of the house in map, it is typical here - 4 is "street number" while 1765 is "district number")
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
      MarlyJay and Myke like this.