1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[8 Aug 2014] Czech Arcade International (Prague)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

By Unicorn on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Czech Arcade International is this year's major Czech Fighting Games tournament which takes place on the weekend from 8th to 10th August 2014. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is on the cards, and foreign players are expected from Germany, Austria, Poland and more! This is shaping up to be the largest VF5FS tournament in Europe this year, so don't miss out!

czech-arcade-intl.png

This year, fighters are invading RE-Load Gaming Club which is in the heart of Prague. Travel ten minutes and you will find yourself in the very center of Prague.

(unicorn's note on foreign players: this info stand for confirmed KOF, UMVC and USF players).

Registrations will open during June.

Tournament games:
    • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    • Ultra Street Fighter 4
    • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • The King of Fighters 13
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    More info yet to come - accomodation, traveling, enntry fees, prizes etc. All the details are and will be at tournament page - http://international.czecharcade.com/.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    WolfKing and kingo like this.
Czech Arcade International
Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Jun 20, 2014.

• Czech Arcade International
    Start Date: 8 Aug 2014 05:00 PM
    End Date: 11 Aug 2014 03:00 PM
    Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

Zborovská 30
    Praha 150 00

Posted By: Unicorn

Confirmed Attendees: 8
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
    The following users have RSVP'd "No":
    1. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Now the less-official info:

VF tourney will be held at Saturday, starting most probably around 4PM. The finals (top4 or 8, we will see) will follow immediatelly after, starting around 7PM. They will also be streamed.

There are plans for Prague sightseeing, czech-bear drinking, VF playing and such since Friday morning (maybe even Thursday evening, depends on my work) till Monday evening.

@Kaleendaah @Krye @kingo @MarlyJay @Chibitox @Mister @G0d3L @PReP @Manjimaru @Ash_Kaiser @Combolammas @Jide @Feck @40i4 @ChiefGutti @blossy1000 @Aidan @MakiLeSushi @NeroVF @erdraug @sozos @Tocuh @seyu @Shinobi @Pai~Chun @salam_aleykum @edgemis @Neonomide @Kanoppio @no_w_h_ere and anyone else I may eventually forget yet is still active in VF:
      Hope to see you in Prague!!! :)
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
      Sozos, Mister, kingo and 1 other person like this.
    2. Chibitox
      Chibitox
      Would have loved coming but the dates don't fit my already planned holidays, too bad I wanted to see Prague and hang with you guys :/
    3. Unicorn
    4. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Registrations are now open
      http://international.czecharcade.com/registration.php
      Shoutout to @Mister for already figuring this out by himslef while I was on vaccation :)

Anyway, anyone have any idea what he wish to see in Prague (expect fro Prague Catsle and Old Town Astronomical Clockwork? Specifically, or generally (like museums, historical buildings, zoo, beerhouse where many many types of czech beer are serverd... whatever :) )
    5. Krye
      Krye
      Hey Uni, sorry I haven't replied yet.

Not gonna 100% commit, but I'd say I can probably make it :)

As for what I'd like to see: I don't know much about Prague, but I read a book a while ago about the two parachutists that assassinated Reinhard Heydrich during WWII. Apparently they were hunted down to some old church and were kept under siege for a while. The book said the church is still there and you can see the bulletholes and stuff (I think). I'd like to see that!
      Pai~Chun likes this.
    6. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Yeah, that was Cathedral of saint Cyril and Methodius and the bullet holes are part of the memorial now
      [​IMG]
      It is relatively close to the venue where the tournament will be held, so no problem to visit this place
      DIRECTIONS
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
      Pai~Chun likes this.
    7. Myke
      Myke
      I'm not sure there's gonna be a SEGA Cup Europe, so I'm really tempted to come out to this as it'll probably be the last(?) chance for me to meet the European VF community. But in order to make it worth my while ($$$) it'd be nice to know how many other guys will attend this.
      Jide, Krye and Unicorn like this.
    8. Mister
      Mister
      Ok guys I see what's going on here. Everybody are wating someone brave enough to say "i'm going for sure".

So I guess I'll be that brave dude. Now who's with me?
      @Krye should we look for a room in a hotel together?
      Unicorn likes this.
    9. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Jide and Unicorn like this.
    10. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Me, Mister and Ash at a tournament like this?

Let the Wolf rule begin!!! :D
    11. Krye
      Krye
      Ok, now we have something going on :D

I'll be there, plane tickets are cheap for me.

Now, this is nicely situated in the middle of europe, so let's see some scandinavians and french as well! Sozos, can you make it?

And how about the german guys? Let's ask around!
    12. Sozos
      Sozos
      Unfortunately I can't make it. I have concert in sempteber so I have to prepare and study all summer and august I'll start rehearsals.I would like so much to participate and meet you guys but unfortunately I can't make it. Musicians are always busy. :/
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    13. ChiefGutti
      ChiefGutti
      Hi Unicorn!

Can you believe it? I'm actually going London from 4th till the 10th of August, gambling there might be something going on VF related. Guess the UK VFers will be in Prague instead then, haha.

I was actually in Prague with the girlfriend between the 8th and 11th of June. The temperature was 30-33 degress everyday and had an absolute great time!

So, unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip to Prague but now I know how easy it is for me to travel there by bus (Student Agency).

Anyhow, hope you guys will have a super blast!
    14. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Regarding sleeping:

the hostel recommended to me by guys organizing the tournament is this one http://www.studenthostel.cz/strahov_en.html
      it is about 15 mins by bus / 30 mins by walk (more then 1/2 of it through park, lol) away from the venue and relatively cheap (800/ czk / night for room for 2 is about 15 euro per person per night). Personally, I will stay where you guys will decide to stay :)

Also, if anyone of you will need any help with booking or finding different hotel/hostel/private or anything, just let me know.
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    15. Krye
      Krye
      As usual, I don't really care about staying close to the venue, I'd rather have easy access to the city center :)
      Jide likes this.
    16. Jide
      Jide
      Gutti! I should be around then. Just give me a buzz if you want to hang out. I'm more or less confirmed for this now. I might arrive earlier just to maybe sight see a bit more... Depends on Money though..

Myke if you can make it, would be good to see you again. Haven't seen you since 8 years ago... Neither have us have aged either since then LOL...
      Myke likes this.
    17. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      I registered now... I think.

Gutti, we'll be around most of that week and can play some VF if you're available. We should also find somewhere to eat meat.
      Unicorn likes this.
    18. Myke
      Myke
      Great to see the interest building! I must will find a way to make this now!
      Unicorn likes this.
    19. Myke
      Myke
      Alright guys, I'm officially in!

I arrive Thursday 7th Aug, and leave Monday 11th Aug. Hope to see as many of you there as possible!