1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[8 Dec 2012] Best Bout Beatdown 18 (Portland, OR)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Chanchai, Dec 4, 2012.

Best Bout Beatdown 18
Start Date: 8 Dec 2012 01:00 PM
End Date: 9 Dec 2012 03:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST

2409 SE 49th Ave.
Portland, OR 97206

Posted By: Chanchai

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

What?
    Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 Tournament (Xbox 360)
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Tournament (Xbox 360)
    King of Fighters XIII Tournament (PS3)
    Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (Xbox 360)
    Persona 4: Arena (PS3)
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)

When?
    Saturday December 8th, 2012
    1pm Doors and Signups open
    2PM: VF5:FS/TTT2
    3:30PM: AE/Persona 4: Arena
    6PM UMvC3/KoF

Where?
    Best Bout Gaming
    2409 SE 49th Ave.
    Portland, OR 97206
    503-442-5303

Cost?
    $5 venue fee to enter any tournaments
    $10 entry fee for SSF4/UMvC3 each.

$5 entry fee for VF5, KoF, P4A, TTT2 each (goes to prize pool)
    (Free to watch, donations to support the cause are always appreciated however ; )

Prizes?
    *Cash for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each tournament
    *Pot split 70/20/10 for over 11 competitors
    *11 or less - 1st 75% 2nd 25% 12+ 70/20/10
    *Round Robin format: Winner takes all

Format?
    Standard Double Elimination Format.
    The grand finals and winners and loser finals will be best 3 out of 5. All other matches will be best 2 out of 3 games. Marvel is all 3/5 games.

2. Chanchai

BEST BOUT BEATDOWN is the premiere monthly tournament series in the Portland area!

BBB18 promises to be exciting and regional as players from Seattle and Idaho have been confirmed along with players from Portland, Salem, and Vancouver (Washington)!

Last month saw the first VF5:FS repeat tournament win at Beatdown when AJS took down the entire field in Round Robin with his Jacky and Jean. Fat Bear made an exciting debut and a strong impression as his Akira put his fine talent on clear display!

Seattle's own Sorias attended BBB17 and turned in a solid performance and represented Seattle very well! The Seattle scene is also growing more and more competitive with all regular players really battling it out. Northwest VF continues to be exciting and it is only getting more competitive.

The Portland VF competition is also getting even more serious as the field has become more competitive in recent public sessions. Yangsing has racked up streaks on everyone, AJS is still putting the pressure on, R_Panda's game seems to be maturing, Fat Bear's experience with VF grows, and both Shinryu (aka Hollis) and Shinryujin (aka Red Dennis) have stepped up their training recently. I don't like talking about myself, I'm still hanging in there and I've had streaks against everyone and been streaked by everyone, but I am proud of the VF in the Northwest!

Looking forward to the Beatdown!

-Chanchai

nou likes this.
  3. Chanchai

I posted this in the Northwest VF thread, but I'll repost it here:

Here's a quick breakdown of some of my recent opponents and my thoughts on them:
    • Yangsing - In recent matches, he wins the majority of our matches. He understands the game, he knows what he's doing, and he understands my game (warts and all). I have to play very dynamic and smart VF to fight him, and he can tell if I fall back on small habits. He keeps me the most honest.
    • AJS - We are very back and forth now, it's a lot like my rivalry with Rayblade. Some days we break even. Some days he wins. Some days I win. Very hard to predict and some levels of hard-countering as we over-read each other (but we do tweak this as we fight).
    • R_Panda - The last time we fought he played probably the most mature game he's presented to me and it evened the matchup out. If he keeps playing maturely and also carries that maturity inside of him, he's a big threat. If he lets things get to his head or takes some things for granted, I'll pounce on him. But he's really scary when he's patient but also sharp. I honestly hope he brings that mature game on Saturday because it's how he should be playing and it can win.
    • Fatbear - More people see what he brings to the VF table now and he's probably the most exciting Portland player to watch right now. Fighting his Akira is incredibly fun, and very very hard. I hope we fight this Saturday!
    • Shinryu (Hollis) - He's leveling up, but he's hitting a rough barrier right now. It'll pass and he should be much stronger when he gets through it. He has been showing his determination, keep doing that! I'm looking forward to seeing his game level up soon.
    • Mackinzie - The last time we fought, Mackinzie really showed he can bring it. It took awhile, but he's been playing without a console for this whole lifespan of FS in america and is doing great. Great news, he now has a console again and is able to practice! Keep it up, you should be in the mix in no time if you keep practicing!
    • Shinryujin (Red Dennis) - If he musters up the drive, he will level up. But he's got a lot of stuff in front of him right now (real life and other games wise). That said, he's playing great VF, the rest is up to him ^_^