1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A general Pai question

Discussion in 'Pai' started by shadowmaster, Sep 16, 2007.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Being the great character she is and yet not many people post much of her strategies or their opinions of her moves here as of late as often as many of the other characters. Is she so simplistic in her basic style that there isn't to her compared to akira (a more challenging character to learn). Is she hated because of the many things I hear about her being too good and too easy etc. I know she is good because I rarely ever see her lose in youtube matches and tournament play against harder people and I have seen quite a few of them over the years as well.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Why I hate Pai:

14i SK in the form of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. On CH it gives good advantage, and it is very hit-checkable.

Safe launcher in the form of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, I don't care if doing damage off of this is "hard," but this is something that launches, can't be sabaki/reversed, and is safe on block (fixed in V.C, 'bout time you fucktards).

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Her elbow has enough reach as is.

Fast rush-down character with crouch throws? Who is this bitch? X from Soul Calibur? WTF?

180/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif Should be 270 and/or do 55 damage or have no follow up. "."

Pai players are annoying (like the very bitch herself) for the most part (I can only think of one or two people that prove otherwise). I mean, who the fuck else would have a cat with a bobbing head as an avatar?! A mutha-fukkin Pai player, who else?!?

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sorry, Sebo, but in Version C, the move is still safe on block. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif They only made the move more punishable if avoided.

4. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

yay pai rules ;-)

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I've tried to pick pai up because I like characters that piss people off(eileen what?) but I can't seem to get good with her. When i own the game I'll prolly learn her real well but untill then eileen is my annoying bitch.

Aoi_Pai likes this.
  6. comoesa2

comoesa2 Well-Known Member

Well basically she has frames....

Im really indiferent to the hate...

7. LOL, Pai is awesome...stop hatin

8. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

One thing that Pai players should know is ensei-ken does not translate to mizong quan in Mandarin. Ensei-ken literally means "blue swallow fist" while mizong quan lterally means "lost track fist."[/size]

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Her frame is ok, especially in that tight shirt

10. Atlantis11

Atlantis11 Member

what are her catch throws?

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    She doesnt have any.

12. Atlantis11

Atlantis11 Member

I have occasionally caught people with OM+K and it left them back turned. What is the best combo after a back turn hit? What are some good mix ups after hitting them with OM+K? Just throw and mid hits? I know that OM+K is not the best thing to do, but hey, I'm just testing things out.

13. CapnKill

CapnKill Active Member

It seems to me that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif its her most reliable hit after staggers and things like that. But I could be wrong.

14. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    OM + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif , /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif / /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif //forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    > low backthrow ???

15. Atlantis11

Atlantis11 Member

What moves or hits cause an opponent to fall into a "just recovery" state when knocked down? What moves guarantee her a down attack after knockdown?

16. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> down attack

any else?

17. 124

124 Well-Known Member

My brothers hated her because she has good damages when it comes to Low Kicks. They hated me, because when we play versus in VF5, I win most of the time and they hated that. They always say that Pai is no fair. [​IMG]

18. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Agreed one hundred and twenty-four times. [​IMG]

19. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
  20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    And all they have to do is duck(block). [1][K][K] is a combo only on counterhit (when it interrupts). Otherwise Pai is going to eat some punishment after they duck the second hit.