1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Abare

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Mackfactor, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Does wolf have anything thats stance specific that u can abare
    like SHRM EILEEN OR CLOSE UPPERCUT LION.

i was thinking
    maybe 6K+G or 9P+K
    neone know

thanks

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Re: Wolf Abare

EVADE [P] [+] [K] !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] No seriously, it beats linear and high moves for some non-negligeable damage, only -1 if broken. Will lose to lows, low thtrows and moves that recover low but, still, that's some pretty good abare material right there ; there's a reason people complain about it [​IMG]

My other personal favorites to abare with are :
    * [8] [K] [+] [G] : jumps sideways so it beats throws, lows *and* messes up the opponent's combo (if they chose to do a mid launcher instead of a throw). Plus wolf ends up on the floor so it's a nice way to stall.
    * [2] [P] [+] [K] : puts wolf in a crouching position instantly so it also beats throwsand as a bonus it puts the hurt on the opponent if by chance they low punch instead.

Speaking of bonus:
    * [4] [6] [K] [+] [G] : similar to [8] [K] [+] [G] this move will sometimes mess up your opponent's float, beat throws and lows and recover grounded.

Note that, using the moves you and i mentioned above, wolf can pretty much abare through every type of attack except mid circulars - theoretically! Only problem is wolf has to guess right. So spamming the above moves instead of using the guard button is a recipe for disaster.

Also note that using the above moves will result into MatteoBJDIY hatin' you 4ever.

Also I believe Seidon mentioned backdash > short shoulder is quite magical too but i'm pretty sure he'll post his own reply in this thread very soon.

3. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

I never really complained about the move itself, I complain about you being a dick and never really explaining yourself. DMPK spam is acceptable from dartminion or addypaddy, its when it comes from people who are supposed to be less dickish than that it comes as a surprise.

But carry on, I guess its your style,never look back, be a dick. Im sure your wife loves it.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay

Seidon uses backdash short shoulder and back crouchdash short shoulder to very good effect. Not really to abare with though in my experience, but it seemed to work well as an evasive and possibly delayed launcher against me.

I don't know if it's that sort of magic move like Eileens shoulder or Lions uppercut though, which seems to be what you're asking. Not sure what erdraug is on about.

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

8K+G is high, not mid.

Mack, Wolf has the best way to abare which is RAW:) Considering those evasive moves you mention before, you might be disappointed about Wolf.

6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

Troll with knife to throat forces Po to ask question:

Is abare a form of autofellatio or is autofellatio a form of abare [​IMG]

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC

Backdash short shoulder is sick. Not even kidding you should try and work it in. Then again Backdash-Launcher is a good idea for most things.

As Dennis said RAW is crazy. I use it a good deal with Wolf and if you're not used to fighting against RAW it WILL fuck your shit up.

He doesn't have the craziest hitboxes in the world. His low dropkick is decent in that regard though. [6][2][K]

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Depends who you are fighting with. RAW can't parry knockdown moves, ie launchers. Just saying.

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

It's just one abare option, nothing perfect. Attending to attack in disadvantage is already risky plus Wolf doesn't have evasive move such as Eil's shoulder. 9P+K sometimes can avoid 2P.

I don't think "back dash into shoulder" is abare, and it's more like a tactic for any character can implement. Playing Wolf by abare is pretty weird actually.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Well if opponent is in a small advantage where they are likely to do something like punch or elbow, then RAW is great.

I also agree that backdash shoulder is not abare by definition, because you start it with evasive move (backdash).