1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

After third consecutive Zenten or Kouten...

Discussion in 'Kage' started by cobratron, Jun 20, 2012.

1. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Kage makes a sound similar to what sonic the hedgehog makes after charging up a spin dash. Does this have any benefits to potential attack damage or frame advantage or is this just for coolness factor?

Btw the timing to get this is pretty strict

2. Wargod

Wargod Member

PSN:
    DrXfit
    The timing isnt strict at all, just do 3 rolls in a row....and after the sound the roll becomes an ex low attack....nothing special, nothing positive, and nothing damaging....as far as i can see its gimmicky and pointless

3. cobratron

Yea after practicing all last night now I'm about 98% consistent doing this back and forth 3-4 times.

I can see this only being useful against noobs to Kage's movelist.

4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    yeah i found this day one too, nothing but a cool little easter egg [​IMG]

5. cobratron

I love the EX low roll...the first 2 hits are untechable and I've managed to get up to 4 against the wall before an escape is possible.

I shall call this move the hedgehog. You can roll forward infinitely until you want to stop or end it with half circle forward P+K+G or K+G or K. But I've been mostly using it to surprise with the shoryuken --> P,K,K.

6. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Infinite?? I thought it was 3 max? am i wrong?

7. cobratron

Yea I've rolled back and forth pretty much until I wanted to stop or end with one of the 4 or 5 attack options.

And the only thing stopping you from rolling forward infinitely is when you roll past your opponent and camera pans to the opposite side and your inputs get reversed.

I've combo'd 7 or 8 ex low hits. It knocks down on first hit and you can get 2 or 3 more before the counter turns green but you can still get a bunch more if he doesn't tech especially in the corner or wall.

8. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    I cant believe I never knew I could roll as many times as I wanted, I guess I just thought there was a limit. P.S. This move is definitely forever called the Hedgehog.

9. Crowmosexual

Crowmosexual Member

Pretty sure the spin dash sound was in Vanilla VF5.

10. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    It was in VF4, as well.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Keep going, guys. It was actually introduced in VF2! :)

12. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Ha! Thought so, but it's been so long since VF2, and I've never played 3.

13. cobratron

I updated the first post with demo videos.