1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's Single Palm-Dashing Elbow(VF4:Evo)

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Chinny, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Chinny

Chinny Well-Known Member

I've sometimes noticed that when you follow-up with Akira's Single Palm-Dashing Elbow after a MC with his SDE...you can tech roll out of the combo in between the Single Palm and Dashing Elbow.

It only seems to occasionally happen when the Single Palm is executed as soon as possible after the SDE.
    I've also noticed that when you do the combo this way the Single Palm does more damage(55 instead of 50).

I saw that there's something stated in Akira's movelist about his Single Palm in a "kazushi situation". WTF is a kazushi situation? Does it have something to do with this?

Does doing the combo this way change the properties of the combo? Is it not a guaranteed combo? Or is it just a bounce recovery?

This is my primary choice of damage after a SDE on MC because it leaves you with good initiative after the combo. But if it's not guaranteed then I guess I'll have to resort to his Double Jumping Kicks, AS3, or the infamous Double Palm.

Any info on this?

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I saw that there's something stated in Akira's movelist about his Single Palm in a "kazushi situation". WTF is a kazushi situation? Does it have something to do with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Primarly this refers to when you use Akira's [4][2][P]+[G] into single palm. There is also an advanced single palm (not guaranteed) that is possible from this situation which grants Akira with a free opportunity for [3][3][P] after hitting successfully.

3. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

'kazushi situation' is in a couple special cases, specifically after [6]+[P]+[K]+[G] guard break, [4][2]+[P]+[G] throw (most popular), and [1]+[P]+[G]. It has significant frame advantages over regular SP, does not have the canned elbow followup, and has a different input ([2][3][6]+[P], no CD buffering).

The SP does differnet damage depending on the 'depth' it hits the opponent in a combo - for best damage without beign TR'able you should crouch dash into the opponent a little bit after SDE hits, then input P. It's a specific timing you should get used to for this combo.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

All this knowledge! Good job guys.

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Siyko gave the full explaination (as you can see it's complicated), but for now try to focus on it's most popular application, which is after [4][2][P]+[G] as it will give you a very powerful new direction in your throw arsenal. People fear [6] and [3] directions far more than [2] because it requires technical skill to produce damage from this throw. Once you've mastered single palm into double palm, then things get interesting.

A triple throw escape saves the day in this situation, but it still takes good reflexes to pull off. Challenge people, and make sure they can break your first line of defense, and once the assesment has been made on their skill, proceed onto your next plan of attack.

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Single Palm-dashing elbow can do a range of 66 to 69 points if you delay it to the maximum (before your opponent kisses the floor) after a MC SDE. The more you delay, the more it hits for a maximum of 69 points.

Single Palm-dashing elbow that is executed immediately after a MC SDE does a total of 70 points but is techrollable like what you said.

DJK after a MC SDE does a total of 67 points and has bad initiative like what you've highlighted.

Even if you can't do the maximum delay SIngle Palm-dashing elbow, delaying it a little still nets a total of 66 points(1 point less than DJK), untechrollable and leaves you with good initiative.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    and just in case you're wondering "how do these guys know what sets up a kuzushi situation?" the answer is in the VFDC command lists.

While viewing Akira's Evo Ver.B command list, which is the PS2 version, just do a search (ctrl-F in most browsers) on the word "kuzushi" (not kazushi) and see where it pops up.

8. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Something that might not be in a movelist but buried in the threads somewhere is that in kuzushi, akira can dash in for an "old school" high float single jump kick ([6][6][K]). It is far easier to struggle than the canned singlepalm & really is only useful as a novelty (you get to [6][6][K],[P],[2_][6][P]+[K],[2_][4][6][P]!!).

Also, just as you can[6][6][6][6][6](etc)[2][3][6][P] and maybe just counterhit the singlepalm for a guaranteed yoho, you can also [6][6][6][6][6][6](etc)[K] and still get the crazy float property of the singlejump kick.

file this one under goofy akira trivia.

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm or deny to me that if you dash after SDE>336pp and do 46p+k it's gauranteed against TR'ers cause it hits them in the back?

/KiwE

10. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

Only if they TR towards Akira's stomach, and it requires perfect timing.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

Can someone confirm or deny to me that if you dash after SDE>336pp and do 46p+k it's gauranteed against TR'ers cause it hits them in the back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any mid attack is technically guaranteed if they TR from a face down head towards position.

12. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if they techroll towards akira's back or stomach, as long as they techroll after a crumble that leaves them facing down head toward opponent, any mid attack is guaranteed.

Alot of people think that Akira's [4][6]+[P]+[K] can hit opponent that techroll towards Akira's stomach but it is not true.

13. Chinny

Chinny Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info fellas.

Even on the stuff I wasn't even inquiring about.

danny13- I agree with you on the follow-ups after SDE. Single Palm-Dashing Elbow is the way to go.