1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AKIRA'S WEAK ASS COMBO'S

Discussion in 'Akira' started by kungfusmurf, Jun 21, 2002.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Is it me or is Akira's floater combos pathetic when it comes to causing damage in comparison to everyone else on the arena? Even though that it looks like it hurts a lot more than any character on VF4, I feel akira is being denied of his true damage points.

2. greyf0x

greyf0x Member

errr. I don't know what Akira's you've been playing, but akira has some of the most powerful combos in the game. They are short, but timed right they can easily take down 70+ damage

3. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

The combos I do with Akira do about 100 points or more damage against my opponent, I don't see anything weak about that. You must be using the AS3 as a floater combo which isn't the most useful float combo.

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

you're going to have to explain a bit; akira's staple SDE
    combo (MC SDE,DJK) does 74 pts of damage(and his staple LBF combo comes pretty close), his best ShRm combo (MC ShRm,PG,m-ShRm,m-DblPm) does close to 100 pts of damage. his wall combos can take over 100 pts of damage. and let's not forget ver B's StDblPm,DBC.

true, there ARE other combos in the game that do take more than 100 pts of life(kage, lau, wolf, jeffry, jacky's backstagger combo), but you have to consider the weight range, plus the restrictions of the combos. if you think about it, akira's high damage combos have the least restrictions compared to other people; either MC with a crumble move, hit them with a ShRm(doesn't have to be MC, just has to hit them standing), or corner them into a wall, and you're set to do over 70 pts of damage.

5. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

jeff's backstagger combo? explain please

6. ReCharredSigh

ok, not really relevant to this thread, but if you really want to know(and btw, it's jacky, not jeff),

jacky's backstagger combo is:

[BT]P+K-->f,f+K-->f+K-->f+P,P-->f,f+K

takes close to 70% damage by itself, not counting the knockdown setup.

do a search on backstagger combo, and i'm sure it'll come up.

if you want to know what a backstagger is, just do a search on it.

7. kungfusmurf

What more than 100? You hitting ppl against the wall or something? I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I can't do the knee or DLC since I only using a pad. Poor me couldn't get my hands on the bloody VF4 stick.

8. kungfusmurf

The highest damage I could get was 81 never even seem anything close to 100.

9. ReCharredSigh

you don't need(and shouldn't use) the DLC to do horrendously high damage with Akira in VF4; if you are, you're not playing him right. nor do you need to corner your opponent with Akira to do over 100 pts of damage(he's got his share of 100+ wall and non-wall combos)

knee, that's a slightly different story, but it's more of a useful move if you can do it, it's not like being able to do it will add 30 pts to your combo damage(m-ShRm for the moment in combos seems to be a suitable replacement).

10. kungfusmurf

I'd guess I'm not than.

11. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

he's got his share of 100+ wall and non-wall combos

/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Would you list them please?

Edit: I know of only one:
    [3][3][P]-> [P]-> [3][3][6]+[P]+[K]-> [3][3][4][6]+[P] (MC)-104 pts

I'm not saying that they don't exist, just that I hadn't seen/heard about any.

12. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Akira wall combos ( nothing fancy )

Cool standard ~ 100+ wall combo :

single palm | [6][P]+[G], canned single palm | [4][3][P] ( all three starters done in order to induce wall stagger ), QCB+[P], [3][3][P], BC

Hong Kong cats use this combo frequently. Especially their top Akira player ( who only uses knee as a float starter BTW ). Easy to pull off and highly recommended.

My standard wall combo is common and is great to pull off if you do proper conditioning on your opponent :

single palm | [6][P]+[G], canned single palm ( wall stagger ), SPoD ( add BC if the double palm slams opp. into corner wall. I maxed out on this combo at 151 points of damage, I dont know if you can do more... BC positioning and all. )

All things considered 75% ( 151 ) damage combo in under 2 seconds is rather strong for a char with weak ass combos. You can literally finish your opponent in 5 seconds from the first hit that connects if you are able to tag a sidekick on a TR for backstagger ( or any other appropriate follow-up ). Dont ya think, KungFuSmurf ?

13. kungfusmurf

Re: Akira wall combos ( nothing fancy )

Hey Mister thanks for the Eduation. I need to go back to researching & practicing more, much appreciated.

14. ReCharredSigh

more Akira combos

yep, SgPm into wall sets up standard 100+ combos for Akira right there...

ok, aside from StDblPm,DBC in rev B, there aren't many guarenteed 100+ nonwall combos for Akira, but you do have some that come close to 100;

ShRm(MC),PG,ShRm,DblPm
    ShRm(MC),LP,SgPm,AS3,ground punch
    these combos can be replaced with a knee or yoho; which in turn can be started from his inashi(!)
    SDE(MC),ShRm,AS3,ground punch

and let's not forget about SgPm on a back-turned opponent, then SPoD for a backstagger combo; that too does over 100 damage.

and oh yeah, experiment with Close-In Ram next to a wall if you want more 100+ wall combos.