1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Friend

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Happy_Friend, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Ok, I have a question. Why is Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif so goddamn wonky? Why does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif come out instead?

Jeff has /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and you never get one whilst attempting the other.

With Lau I have to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif and let the stick go back to neutral to get the right one to come out. Sometimes the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif comes out and floats my foe and I'm all like "yeah I meant to do that woot"

Seriously, did AM2 just make it harder to get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or did they just try to make it easier to buffer /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif ?

Does anybody have any insight on this?

2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I think it's just a timing issue bro from when you enter the command and then hit the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif button. Try messing around in training mode for cleaner inputs. I get a similar effect when I try to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with Akira. A lot of times I'm trying to do this move, but instead I tend to get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif instead. Even last night when I was playing Gentleman Thief there were many times when I was trying to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, but I kept getting low punch which results to me throwing like 2-3 low punches in a row. I tend to feel bad when it happens, but I realize it's my own fault because I refuse to take the time out to clean up command inputs in training mode.

Hope that helps!

Oh I forgot to add that you could be getting the wrong attack also depending on whether you were standing or crouch. For example, I know a lot of the times when I don't get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif it's because Akira is in a crouching state and I need to buffer /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif very quickly first before I do the command. Maybe this is the case for you? You might be trying to use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif from a crouching state or from fuzzy guard which could explain why you are getting /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

3. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

i don't necessarily have any insight, but i will say i've noticed this with some moves myself. Fortunately, you can compensate but it is strange. For example, shuns 236 p, and lei's 236 p+k have dramitically different timing. Another move that the timing on is much more precise than most moves is lei's 43 p+k. The 3 direction has to be more precise than many moves in the game, and the p+k has to be pressed more precisely with the 3 than most moves require. It's not necessarily hard by any stretch, but when playing it is kinda strange to just play regularly but when doing that move apply extra concentration every time. And when i get lazy and miss it, i am an angry friend too.

4. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I noticed this too, I don't play with Jeffry but when I get home, I'm going to try out try to do both of those moves and see just how easy they are in comparison to Lau's 33P.

When I first started playing with Lau, I noticed that in order to get 33P to come out, I needed to do 33 (pause) and then press P or else I would get 3P or 2_3P sometimes. It should say in the move list 33 (wait) and then P.
    I think, in a way, you answered your own question though.

My guess was that maybe it's bc 33P is such a good move that they didn't want to make it too easy to do XD

5. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I am thinking this is the case. It can be done without letting the stick go back to neutral but it has to be perfect, whereas Jeff gets the Man Uppercut with a sloppy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif or a clean one.

Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is pretty wizard.

6. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

lol @ pretty wizard

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

You're damn skippy! Specially /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Advantage on block, canned string options and you can go into Kokei /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
    When I saw the stats for this move I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4