1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying Brad bug T_T!

Discussion in 'Brad' started by KiwE, Nov 27, 2004.

1. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Why da F can't I counter [2][P]+[K],[K] (gaurded = -14) with [6][P]+[K]? I've tested it alot and this has to be some sort of vs Sarah specific bug imo (which is annoying).

/KiwE

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This is a weird one which I could never figure out.

If you guard both hits, then [6][P] is guaranteed but [6][P]+[K] isn't.

If you only guard the second hit, then both [6][P] and [6][P]+[K] are guaranteed.

The only way I could attempt to explain it is that it might have something to do with the animation of Sarah during recovery. You notice that her head bobs downwards with the kicking? Well maybe during recovery there's a single frame of animation where Sarah's head is out of the way, causing the [6][P]+[K] to whiff on the first hit frame, but guarded on the second hit frame since it's no longer guaranteed on frame 15. And this phenomenon of Sarah's head being out of the way is only effective at close range (i.e. when you guard both hits) and not at long range (only guarding the last hit).

I know it's a stretch but I'm at a loss otherwise to explain it.

3. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

It seems to me a real bug. Myke was trying to come up with a possible explanation, but I don't even know what to say to explain this.

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Yep, it's definitely connecting on the 15th frame. After Brad's 6+P+K gets blocked it's -6, but in this situation, it's -5.

I tested this by Sarah's 8+K+G (20 frame) vs Brad's 6+P (14 frame) after 6+P+K gets blocked. Brad's 6+P should lose at -6, but Sarah gets hit in this situation (-5).

Hopefully this is fixed in FT.