1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any new updates coming out soon?

Discussion in 'Console' started by 1ONE-HiT-MELEE, Mar 21, 2016.

1. 1ONE-HiT-MELEE

1ONE-HiT-MELEE New Member

I know I'm possibly not the only one thinking about this (of course), but I'm just wondering, does anyone else think that another version of VF5 should come out soon?, I know a lot of people are still enjoying FS, but it's almost been 4 years since the last updated version of Virtua Fighter has come out. And even though Sega is trying to go the "Mobile Route" this generation, I hope some division of the company didn't forget about their fanbase for this game.

I heard about the version B update that came out for Japanese arcades about a year ago, but I haven't been able to find any gameplay of it on the internet. If we are to get an updated version of the game (For us in the West of the world), I hope it would be version B or maybe something else bigger, like maybe 1 or 2 more characters (but preferably just 1 more) and some tweaks to the overall gameplay to some characters.

These are just some of my thoughts to what should be happening right now for the VF scene and fanbase in general.

- 1ONE-HiT-MELEE

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No.

Version B is just a network update that removes VFnet from the arcade machines. No game play changes from version A.