1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi Guide

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Aoi in chinatown, Oct 24, 2015.

?

Was this guide helpful?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    Shenmue is life likes this.
  2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    From the Yin Yang section: "It loses to full circulars, lows, double limbed moves and throws (you can break throws in ying yang)"

It also loses to back attacks, heabutts and.. butt attacks. It would be easier to just explain that, as long as a move is single-limbed high or mid, tenchi will parry it.

Hmm, also it's yin yang, not ying yang.

"While this move is extremely strong" it's a stance not a move - I mean, you're obviously not moving right?

"Ying yang stances" OK those are actually the available MOVES while Aoi is in the Yin Yang stance.

"Ryusen(p+k+g,2/8)

This move is a command sidestep. This move is extremely strong when dealing with extremely laggy linear moves.(Ie: wolfs low dropkick, vanessa’s 44k+g ect.)"

I'm pretty sure you can remain in tenchi and reverse vanessa’s 44k+g, no need to get fancy with a sidestep. But anyway, nice breakdown on the various options here.

From the reversals section:

"If you know your opponent is specifically do an attack go ahead and use these. Reversals do 25(or more) damage and leads into a free floor throw mix up(d+p+g/d+f+p+g) or a guaranteed downed strike."

Should read "If you can predict your opponent's attack go ahead and use these. Reversals do 25 damage minimum and lead to a free ground throw mix up (d+p+g/d+f+p+g) or a guaranteed downed strike."

From the sudome section:

"This is another tool which is also very specific to Aoi. Sudome is integral to her gameplay as it creates very interesting scenarios for your opponent to deal with. Sudome is a feint which can be linked into two very powerful attacks. This creates a very nasty meta for your opponent to deal with. In order to do sudome continue holding guard and then simply press p/k for the follow ups."

After reading this I still don't know what sudome is!

From the crushes section:

wtf is a "Toronto Unblockable" ?! I've been playing fighting games for a while now, doesn't ring a bell, tried googling it up, got erotic massage and anonymous proxy servers results :( lol ok @og23 explains the context below. I get hit by that move a lot as well :) There's no harm in a joke from time to time in a guide - as long as the reader is able to follow it. Otherwise they are left perplexed (which defies the purpose of a guide).

I'm skimping through the rest now, text randomly changes size and/or is highlighted, the formatting hurts my eyes.

Dealing with wake up kicks/attacks

"Reversaled" should be reversed

16f punishment: interesting mention of the 4K stagger

"Noteable Throws" should be notable

"Aoi’s neutral" i'm not 100% sure i understand the section title: is this this supposed to mean what Moves Aoi can use in a frame neutral situation? If so be explicit.

All in all good effort, this is pretty much the elements i study when I approach a new character. However the formatting is luckluster, the text desperately needs proofreading and the ordering of the sections is... kinda random. Hopefully you'll work an a v2? :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    YY also loses to jump attacks too like Jump P and especially jump K since most of them are low kicks as you land

Aoi in chinatown likes this.
  4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Give this man the aoi wiki! @Myke

5. Terracrush

Terracrush Well-Known Member

I'd take out the phase " glass cannon" .By no means does she have strong combos ( on average 70 points in FS) aside from wall combos which many from the roster actually possess. And gives the wrong impression what what means to have a genaral high risk vs high reward play-style in terms of damage ala Eileen. Her style is based more on mind games/deception and conditioning. Her defensive tool-set allows her to impose her will (pressure) on others via reduction " she takes away her opponents options". Also with a bit of offensive rushdown thrown in the mix since she has many strings and cancels which allows to stay in close range. Well at least thats the way I see it.

6. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Hey, good job. But some mistakes :
    6P+K is -1 on block not +1
    2_3P doesn't crush rising attacks
    4K doesn't have a good range. Easy to backdash. It doesn't really crush move, only has its special high properties.
    I don't know what you mean by "true mix up" but Tenchi 6 P or K can easily be evaded and punished, unless it's one of the few situations like meaty, so not really a strong okizeme weapon

Vs Taka 6P+KP doesn't worth the candle as a punshment, use PP6PP instead

7. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable, you actually called it the Toronto unblockable? I thought that was just a joke for the beta version?

Basically @erdraug, he calls it the Toronto Unblockable because he thinks everyone in Toronto gets hit by it (Which is just not true)

8. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    And all these thing can be edited and fixed which i'll do right now

9. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    A little more rearranging and tweaking. But I'm sure your new version will be really good. ^_^ Aoi has many discoveries and moves she can do because of who she is. As for Tenchi, it's not essentially who Aoi is, but more so why she is an immense threat. Instead of Yin-Yang being the epicenter of her style, it should be a tool used to keep the opponent at bay and in check. The moves out of Tenchi are to help handle any "un-Tenchi-able" moves. Given the timing is precise and perfect.

Terracrush and Aoi in chinatown like this.
  10. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    If used correctly it's a Mid/low/throw, I also should put tech rolls for okizeme. Also the 6 Tracks if they begin to immediately side step

I think it's worth mentioning none the less that it leaves you at -3 in case the player thinks it's a better idea

I reaaaalllyy don't know how to make it more simply that, it's a feint and that feint can go into two different attacks and that's as simple as I can make it.

Fair point, i'll see what I can do to fix it

I thought that was self explanatory, since i wrote tools that were helpful for get in and keeping out

Or I can just keep editing and fixing and ty

Writing this in

11. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    PP6PP does more damage than 6P+KP so why would you use a less damaging punisher ?...

Also I don't agree at all with the "very strong mix up" from Tenchi forward, in okizeme. Not much rewarding, and too risky for my taste.
    There are much better and safer options for okizeme.

Not counting Tenchi forward is like...slow.
    So it's definitely not something you can use in a neutral situation neither..

Unless it's in a situation you actually duck a high or a throw where this move shines.

12. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    6p+k,p written there is just to show what effect it would have on taka, that's really it(i'll write pp6pp for 12 frame punish)

I use p+k+g6 when i know my opponent is going to do flying kick at me but fair enough i'll edit that part

13. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    FWIW @Shidosha was saying in a stream a while back you should focus on punishes that knock taka on his ass, even if they do less damage. not sure if that matters or not in this discussion

14. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

LTE while in Ying Yang is really good VS taka's nitaku game which is Taka at his scariest. FWD throw hurts but back is scarrier. Also taka's movement is 1f slower meaning he cant fuzzy after elbows and 2ps so you can treat it as a nitaku situation. Mix up 43p+k with your throws in those situations basically and abuse him when hes on the ground, also his rising attacks suck haha. Also obvious stuff I find your missing is checking with 6ps and 2ps on CH to setup those situations than mixing up your defense when he blocks it(fuzzy guard, edc, abare, backdash, crouchblock, stand block, reversal, sabaki...keep em guessing!)

15. cmase1989

44p+k gets you pretty good dmg v taka as well (78dmg, taka only combo). Its only -13 so taka cant really punish too hard either(just p,p punish i think? pp punishes from taka he's -1 so you can interupt him continuing the string or going to stance unless he does pp6p) If youre really scared in that situation though you can fuzzy guarde after the pp and block whatever mixup he does, if he goes to stance after EDC's im pretty sure beat his options in stance unless he delays a guardbreak or something. I still have to test this though but im pretty sure his high full circular is too slow to catch an EDC. Also if taka is in stance, crouch blocking also beats all options but his mid follow up. If any of the highs whiff over your crouch block hit him with a 44p+k!) The other thing thats pretty obvious is be careful about the delay on takas 4p+k,p. Remember its punishable if you block the whole string

16. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    You can only LTE with neutral P+G while holding Tenchi because doing 6 or 4P+G will make Aoi doing her forward or backward step from Tenchi.
    Aoi doesn't have much advantage at nitaku IMO against Taka because this fu*ker has 2 "punch parry" very useful against her options. You will have to rely on 43P and 4K but those two are easily backdashable..

17. cmase1989

Oh I thought LTE ying yang would give him problems? You can still tech directions in YY though, but its down to guessing as he throws you I suppose. I know takas backdash is one of the best in the game, but it cant REALLY get him out of nitaku situations can it? Im pretty sure hell still get hit by the 43p+k in that situation.

18. Lethal smoke

Lethal smoke New Member

what is bt and T/bt?

19. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Back Turned