1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi inashi question

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by HeaTransfer, Jan 3, 2004.

1. HeaTransfer

HeaTransfer New Member

Shou, I know we talked about this on irc but I just wanted others' feedback.

Regarding Aoi's high P and elbow inashis from YY, it appears that a backthrow is guaranteed?!

From free mode, after inashing an attack immediately buffer a dash (I've found that if you immediately buffer in the same direction as your YY move you'll automatically dash in the correct direction, be it "in" or "out" of the screen.) Wait a couple of frames and throw. I can get a back throw animation if I time it right, even when CPU is set to crouch. If I'm too late, I'll get a wiffed throw for trying to throw as CPU TT (or indeed a front throw)

My question is this: I've been told that this can be backwards fuzzy guarded or even stuffed with an attack. I cannot test the attack theory (can't get CPU to TT attack), but why would fuzzy guard work? I thought that from a stagger, you recover standing, and that it takes time to crouch?

Input would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

wow, if this is true, that's pretty cool. personally, except for kick inashis, i have trouble connecting anything signficant after a YY inashi. it usually turns out to be a forced guessing game for me. i'm probably just not fast enough.

interesting thermodynamics. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Unfortunately, it's practically impossible to test this using Training mode.

I've already mentioned this to HeaTransfer, but for the sake of anyone else curious, the throw is not guaranteed in this situation. An opponent can simply mash on [P] to stop your throw with a counter hit, and that's without even struggling.

I guess one indicator in Training you could have used was to turn on the throw guaranteed display. You'll notice that no throw is guaranteed for Aoi after the inashi.

So, best if you stick to what's guaranteed, and in this case (punch or elbow inashi) you get a [4][6][P][P]+[G]. The first hit of the [4][6][P] misses, but the second will hit and thus allows for the hit throw.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The easiest way to get guaranteed damange from a [P] inashi would be [6][P][P]. It's not as damaging as [4][6][P] or dash -> back throw, but it's more consistent. Not sure if you think the damage from [6][P][P] is significant, however...

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Stick with [6][P][P], [3][K], dash->throw, dash->low-throw mix-ups. Keep the game fun.... you won't win everytime, but if you connect with any of the latter 3, there's more damage, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

6. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

thx for the advice- yeah, i usually do f+p,p, but i'm not always successful with it, so i figured that it wasn't guaranteed (or perhaps i'm just too slow). i think however, the p+k,p,p slaps may be guaranteed, but of course, those things only do pixels of damage and with little hit advantage.

7. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Getting a successful [P] inashi should be fairly commonplace for adept Aoi players so I would test the opponent first to see what their reaction is from this situation by using [P] flowcharts.

[P] -> throw (normal throw into wall combo if you're at the correct range)

[P] -> [6]+[P]+[K] flowchart

[P][K] -> basic nitaku

From there, you can condition them to accept the first [P] so dash -> throw has a greater chance of working or if your opponent has good reflexes and uses backwards fuzzy then you can go for the low throw. Sometimes, just do the guaranteed hit throw for positioning as well as forcing them to guess what choice you'll go to next.