1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi VF5FS Moves and Strategies Discussion

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

That's what makes me think it's something to do with aerial attacks like the ones you mentioned. Either they've changed how those kind of attacks work, or Tenchi can deal with them now.

2. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

They've changed their classes in FS. Eileen's [9][K]+[G] and Wolf's [9][P]+[K] are no longer double limbed as they are in vanilla VF5. This change isn't limited to aerial attacks but attacks with changed properties like Jacky's [8][K]+[G]. I'm guessing since these were single limb attacks visually they made the change. If that's the case I wonder, is Aoi's [4][K]+[G] is still a double limb kick?

3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Okay, something caught my eye after taking a closer look at the first Jacky video. Specifically the round 5 finisher that the Aoi player pulled off. Is that some kind of new hit-throw move initiated from a low punch deflection? Is that what I think I see here? Someone enlighten me please!

Kruza

4. Tiripsem

Exactly as you said, it executes when [6][4][P] sabakis [2][P]

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Sweet! I just need confirmation of what I was looking at. I know I’m going to have a lot fun with that move in FS. [​IMG]

Okay, back to serious Aoi business. Now it’s my turn to chip in on this thread.

I’ve come across a video of a match that has several things I would like to point out. It’s a recent video of a Pai vs. Aoi matchup. A highly entertaining match, by the way.

* In the 0:21 mark Aoi does what appears to be the [1][P]+[G] throw in Vanilla. Now we know that this command no longer exist in FS and has been changed… but changed to what? Cross-referencing this info with the info on the Wiki move list that kingo provided, and I figure this throw must now be mapped to [6][4][P]+[G] because it’s the only one that matches the damage number on that list. Check that this throw now inflicts 55 points of damage in FS, which is an increase from the 45 points of damage it takes from an opponent in Vanilla.

* It looks like the charged spinning kick from Pai’s SouKaSenPuuKyaku move ([3][P][K]; charged [K]) now has the same treatment as Jacky’s [8][K]+[G] jumping sobat kick, as both are classified as full circular kicks in Vanilla that could not be countered with Aoi’s Tenchi stance. (A properly timed [1][P]+[K] mid-level reversal works just fine against them both.) However, at the 1:58 mark of the video Aoi did indeed use Tenchi to push away Pai’s incoming leg on the charged spinning kick that is now classified as a semi-circular move. I assume that Aoi’s Tenchi stance works on Pai’s charged kick from her [K][P][K]; charged [K] KouShuuKaSuiSenPuuKyaku move in FS too, although I have not seen any visual evidence to prove it at the moment.

* At the 2:03 mark Aoi does what appears to be the newly mapped [4][P]+[G] throw which inflicts 50 points of damage. As seasoned Aoi players already know, this particular input isn’t used in Vanilla and resulted in Aoi doing her plain jane [P]+[G] throw instead. Anyway, this throw in FS kind of resembles Aoi’s [3][P]+[G] throw in Vanilla to me but shown from a different perspective due to the panning camera view.

* With her back to the wall, Aoi manages to do the [6][P]+[G] move on two occasions in the video to get her opponent in a heavily damaging wall combo. The combos do look nice, but I want to focus primarily on the first three moves here that get it started. In the first occasion at the 0:38 mark, Aoi does [6][P]+[G][4] to swing Pai toward the wall. Next, [P]([G]) is used to induce a brief wall stagger, then uses [4][3][P]+[K] for the crumple, then of course she goes buck wild from there. In the second occasion at the 2:38 mark, Aoi does [6][P]+[G][8] having Pai’s side exposed to her while standing at the wall. Then Aoi hits Pai from the side into the wall with [P]([G]) which induces the brief stagger, and followed that up with [4][3][P]+[K], and let the wall-beating commence. But why I believe [P]([G]) was used here instead of only [P]? I think the guard button was hit immediately after punch because of how fast the follow-up move came out. Maybe I’m wrong here, but for this situation I believe hitting [P] alone would not allow for the latter move [4][3][P]+[K] to come out as fast as it had unless it could be buffered immediately after the tap of the guard button. Just my theory on the situation.

Kruza

6. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    No, if Pai fully charges her kick in [3] [P] [K] , it becomes a mid non circular kick even in vanilla 5. So it was already parry-able since then. You can easily dodge it too.

7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hmmm... I'll have to double check about being able to use Tenchi on Pai's fully charged spinning kick when I get the chance to play Vanilla VF5 again in a couple weeks. Last few times I've tried to stand still and do so during a match against Pai I was getting nailed. Maybe my timing was just off and I was slightly late on execution since I don't like to "hold" the pose while waiting for the incoming leg to arrive.

You're correct about being able to dodge it, though. I think this is one of those borderline moves with strange properties all around in regards to what's full circular, semi-circular, etc. There's some grey area involved with how this move is classified in Vanilla.

Kruza

8. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I have played a lot of matches against Pai scrub players who love that move, and I parry that full charged kick all the time. Free 33P+K combo everytime...
    I play Pai myself and have seen it getting parryed too.
    So no doubt about it.

9. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Cool. I'll take your word for it then. Thanks for the correction. [​IMG]

Kruza

10. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
  11. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Yep. I see you pulled it off at the 0:48 mark. Well done!

Kruza

12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I want to correct myself from what I posted earlier in the first point I made regarding [1][P]+[G]. What I meant in that part is that we know that the [1][P]+[G] command no longer exists for any standard high throws in FS. However, [1][P]+[G] is indeed mapped to a low throw move for a few fighters in FS, including Aoi. Now onto more Aoi business.

According to the Wiki move list, Aoi has three different frontal low throws in FS: [1][P]+[G], [2][P]+[G] and [3][P]+[G]. Posted below is a video of an Aoi vs. Eileen match. It’s an older video and, in my opinion, not as good overall as the Pai vs. Aoi video that I stumbled across before. But this one does show off two of Aoi’s frontal low throws.

* Aoi does her [2][P]+[G] throw at the 1:05 mark. It looks almost the same as it does in Vanilla except that the animation of her foot stomp looks more forceful. The Wiki move list states that this throw takes 55 points of damage which is an increase from 50 points in Vanilla.

* As for [1][P]+[G], it now performs the ‘ol backcracker move that’s pulled off seconds later at the 1:10 mark of the video. This move now apparently takes 60 points of damage in comparison to 53 points in Vanilla. Plus it now looks more vicious and brutal than it does in Vanilla. I like it!

* And what about Aoi’s third frontal low throw move? That would be [3][P]+[G], which is the new one that isn’t in Vanilla. This throw also inflicts 60 points of damage. Unfortunately that throw isn't done in this video. However, it can be found at the 0:54 mark in the Aoi vs. Sarah video – the top video shown inside the original post Tiripsem created that started this thread. I like that throw a lot, too. [​IMG]

Kruza

13. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I’ve come across a video featuring a very entertaining Aoi vs. Lion match that leads to a spectacular finish. Plus it does a fine job of showcasing some of Aoi’s new moves and reanimations for a few others. And going by what I see from some clever things that this rather daring Aoi player manages to pull off in this video, it looks to me as if much of the stuff I like to do in Vanilla will translate well to FS. Heh, I can’t help but to like that. Now it’s time for more Aoi analysis and observations.

* At the 1:08 mark leaves no doubt to me that this is the new [6],[P] move from Tenchi stance that’s being used as a combo launcher. Looks sweet.

* At the 1:12 mark, Aoi jumps then lands the [3][P] move on Lion as a counter hit which turns Lion backward in crouch position. Then Aoi pulls off the [2][P]+[G] low back throw on him. Notice that the move in its entirety looks the same in FS as it does in Vanilla. However in FS there’s a dramatic up-close camera angle slowed down a bit to clearly show Aoi smacking the back of Lion’s head before she pulls both of his feet from underneath causing him to slam hard on the ground. Nice!

* At the 1:21 mark, Aoi [G]-cancels after Back Turned [P]+[K][P] and does the new neutral [P]+[G] throw for the knock out. This throw apparently takes 40 points of damage like the older neutral throw in Vanilla.

* At the 2:21 mark, Aoi does the new [4],[K]+[G] sweep move from Tenchi stance. Looks cool.

* Aoi does the [​IMG][3][P]+[K][P] move at the 2:49 mark and lands both strikes as normal hits (20+10 points of damage) which would usually be enough to knock down any opponent in Vanilla. However, in this video it is apparent that Lion does not get knocked down after taking both strikes of this move on FS.

* At the 3:01 mark, Aoi does the delayed version of her [6][4][P]+[K][P] move which seasoned Aoi players know isn’t possible to do in Vanilla. In that version it’s either [6][4][P]+[K][P] at normal speed or [6][4][P]+[K] ending with back turned only.

* Near the end of the match at the 3:11 mark, Aoi deflects Lion’s mid-level punch with [2][3][6][P]+[K], then immediately does [2][K][P] followed by a new mid-level kick that looks to me to be either [3][K]+[G] or [6][K]+[G]. But I assume it’s the [3][K]+[G] move being done here in the video since this kick is executed in 16 frames which matches the “Generation†statistic of this particular kick in Aoi’s Wiki FS move list.

And finally I have a question for any veteran Aoi players who have watched this video closely. What is that mid-level step-in punch that Aoi does at the 2:24 mark that executes in 22 frames and lands as a counter hit to take 31 points? It has an uncanny resemblance to Lau’s [3][3][P] move plus looks similar to Aoi’s [6][6][P]+[K], but I doubt that’s what this one is. In fact, I don’t recall seeing this move in Vanilla at all. Is it a reanimation of [4][6][P] without the throw follow-up? I cannot figure out what this particular move is for the life of me. Any insight on this move will be appreciated.

Kruza

14. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    lol, the answer to your last question is just what you said for the final round: it's just 236P+K without the sabaki.
    Yeah, I noticed that 64P+KP and 6PP look kinda natural combo even if you delay the second hit very late... which wasn't the case in vanilla. Need to check that once we have the game.

15. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Man, I had no idea that it was the normal [2][3][6][P]+[K] move being done there. That forward step that Aoi takes before doing the strike really confused me. Anyway, that's cool stuff to know. Thanks kingo.

Kruza

16. Tiripsem

Correct, [​IMG][3][P]+[K][P] no longer knocks down unless it's a counter hit. It is a natural combo now though and can be used to punish sweeps ([3][3][P] is a better option, however). Additionally, if the first hit is a counter hit and you cancel the following [P] into [K] it causes a stomach crumple (if the opponent has not struggled out of the first hit which I don't think is even possible to struggle out).

Actually [6][4][P]+[K][P] is just as delayable in Vanilla as it is in FS. If you try it out in dojo, when delaying, Aoi should have her arm raised above her head after the first hit. At this point you can delay it for a little bit. If done correctly she looks like she hesitates but proceeds with the attack. Now if it's a natural combo even when delayed, that is a different story.

This move is [3][K]+[G] like you said. [6][K]+[G] is the move used to bounce characters in combos. On a tangent, pretty strange that [6][K]+[G] is linear since it's Aoi full circular [K]+[G] except it's a mid.

On another random note, the last [P] in (Backturned) [P]+[K][P][P] is now special high instead of high. It make this string one hell of a threat to players who like to duck the [P]'s and counter attack.

17. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    So [6][K]+[G] is the command for that new bound kick move I've been seeing done in many of Aoi's longer combos. That's good to know.

I've been trying to find any videos with Aoi pulling off her half-circle link throws and 270-degree throws but haven't come across any yet. I would like to see if the animations and/or camera angles were changed any while executing them.

Kruza

18. Tiripsem

IIRC, neither of them has changed in animations.

19. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Yeah, you may be right about that Tiripsem. I saw one of the 270-degree throws done at the 2:30 mark of the Goh vs. Aoi video that SPINMASTER X recently posted in the “Goh Vids†thread. Saw the throw initiated with [4][P]+[G] -- where Aoi punches Goh in the gut then twirls him around by the arm before pushing him to the ground. This throw looks to be the exact same as it is in Vanilla with the same animation, camera angle and all. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of them were treated the same way. At any rate, I have a few other observations from watching that video:

* At the 1:03 mark of the video, Aoi tries to do the [6],[P]+[G] throw from Tenchi stance but Goh ducked the attempt. That’s too bad. I have yet to see this throw pulled off in a video.

* Aoi successfully does the [4][K]+[G] move to deflect a kick in two instances (1:33 & 2:23). It seems to be a reanimation of the move here in comparison to how it looked in Vanilla. Plus it appears to me that Aoi turns to face her opponent immediately on recovery, which wasn’t the case in Vanilla.

* And an odd situation occurs at the 2:52 mark. Aoi does a jump kick and goes completely over Goh yet still hits him. Then Aoi has her back facing Goh after landing while Goh gets up off the ground immediately with his back turned to Aoi. Weird.

Kruza

20. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    There is no special throw from Tenchi Stance, [6]. The player was just trying to mix up with the Tenchi Stance, [6], [P] which is a mid launcher.
    I'm a little disappointed with Tenchi Stance, [6], although it's obvious it avoids throws and highs, it's still too slow so Aoi can easily be interupted by mid moves or low punch.