1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi's b+P+K+G

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by KillaOfVanilla, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Re: Aoi talk

Unfortunately you won't be able to reverse that deep in disadvantage. After defended sweep counter attacks are guaranteed.

2. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kidd_KO said:

1.How can I get strong with the reversals? Should I do them after I punch or kick the opponent?

Example:[2][K]+[G] - [1][P]+[K] [P][P][P][2][K][G] - [2][P]+[K]

2.Could [4][K]+[G] pass for a sabaki or a combo starter?

3.Should I throw after [2][3][6][P]+[K]

4.And could you tell me all the moves I could use to enhance Aoi's Pressure Game?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure the faq's mentioned earlier explain these moves if not though:

1. no that wouldn't be a good time since the opponent would be expecting an attack or throw from that string, so they would not be throwing out a move for you to reverse in the first place.
    There are crazy situations where they would throw out a move , expected low sweep cancel, launcher /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ,but it would be insanely risky to risk a reversals, there are better options.

easiest reversal oppurtunities to look out for is mids after small disadvantage, you do Aoi's small sweep [1][K] akira goes for elbow after.

2. Yes is does sabaki (sidekicks) check the move's properties for when to use it, you can also combo after it with [6][K][K] , or mix up [6][K] ground throw, or just ground throw, or pounce etc.

3. ? no, even you get a succesfull sabaki with that move they will be in a crumpled state go for guranteed combo damage like [6][K][K] , or [6] [6][P]+[K] [P] if you want to pressure.

4. Elbows and cancels, yomi.

3. Re: Aoi talk

[ QUOTE ]

4. Elbows and cancels, yomi.

[/ QUOTE ]

/versus/images/graemlins/indifferent.gifLau doesn't fall for the cancels and its hard to do elbows while he rushes you.

So I block in the squat position and press [P]+[K] while I rise. The uppercut staggers him for a moment and leaves him open for [P][P][6][P][P].
    Now, sometimes its hard for me to do that because Lau does this giant uppercut (Souko Reppa, [3][P]+[K])which knocks me out of the squat position.So I try to answer with [8][P]+[K]+[G] or [4][4][P]+[K]-[P][P][P][K].

The Aoi Guide says to use [6][P]+[K][P] as a common round starter,but I don't believe that since Lau commonly starts off his rounds with [2][K]+[G] or [3][K].
    The main thing I'm trying to do is get Lau into a guaranteed throw position and the faq that maddy posted said I should [3][P]+[K] then do one of my 270 moves. Would that work on Lau?

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

your talking about playing the cpu? ok thats a different question your asking then, the advice given here is for human vs human play.
    Depending on what cpu your playing, level, arcade or quest etc the ai varies. Get someone to play against you it makes the game much more fun /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

The following is only based on my experience; I'm not expert on VF. To get a feel for my skill level I've beaten arcade mode on hard (with Aoi) and completed almost all her exercises in training mode.

Aoi's <- P+K+G (Tenchi in' you is the name) is a great move. It's a very safe counter and easy to do. The only things that dont work on it is spinning attacks and low attacks. The best way, I found, to use Tenchi in'you is right before you think the enemy is going to attack. Even if they fake usually your still not in that much trouble, unless you react too slow, since it can be ended relatively fast. It's a good way to get free damage (cuz of follow ups). And it stops people who like to spam high and mid attacks. I consider Tenchi in' you to be one of Aoi's most important defensive maneuvers. It's one of the main reasons I was able to beat arcade mode on hard.

The main reason why I like Aoi is she has so many moves that stop opponents from pressuring you. A lot of people (and all scrubs) concentrate on attacking way to much. I've won matches before by just using counters. And man is it sweet.

Aoi mental game is awesome in my opinion. It's pretty hard for someone to beat you when they are hesitant to attack.

But I'd also say that Aoi is one of the hardest characters to learn in the game, because if you want to use her counters effectively you have to know every characters moves. And that can be tuff because a lot of characters in VF have very subtle/similar attacks.

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

[ QUOTE ]
    Saiten said:Aoi's <- P+K+G (Tenchi in' you is the name) is a great move. It's a very safe counter and easy to do. The only things that dont work on it is spinning attacks and low attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone else has mentioned that Aoi's YY stance also loses to backflips, kickflips, double-limbed moves, and non-limb attacks (shoulder, back and head attacks).

I've just practiced under training and YY actually beats circular high or mid punches. It stops Jeffry's [6][4][P] and Shun's [4][P] Also, it beats all dodge attacks except Akira's, Pai's and Shun's (Wolf's dodge attack is a throw which naturally beats stances)

7. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shag said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Saiten said:Aoi's <- P+K+G (Tenchi in' you is the name) is a great move. It's a very safe counter and easy to do. The only things that dont work on it is spinning attacks and low attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone else has mentioned that Aoi's YY stance also loses to backflips, kickflips, double-limbed moves, and non-limb attacks (shoulder, back and head attacks).

I've just practiced under training and YY actually beats circular high or mid punches. It stops Jeffry's [6][4][P] and Shun's [4][P] Also, it beats all dodge attacks except Akira's, Pai's and Shun's (Wolf's dodge attack is a throw which naturally beats stances)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know flips beat it out. no one's ever done one while I was in that stance.

Really? it beats circular punches. I need to try that out in practice.