1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia 124 VF5FS System notes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by noodalls, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

SDS: If you actually check out the replays that came with the game and turn on the command display, you'll see that not all of them do multiple throw-escapes.

Some do 1, most do 2 TE's.

2. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I understand but i want you elaborate becaue i know you keeps it real with me. I said that because i remember playing against japanese players, Koreans and Chinese players here in NYC manhattan and they were never the type to want to share anything with foreigners. They really never wanted anybody to wise up against them from my experience.

3. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I can see this being true with other fighting game communities, regardless of race.

However, I have never met anyone in the VF community unwilling to share what they know if you ask them.

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Well Not in this Site or with some people... but it was just my experience and caution that was carrying over since i was a kid.

5. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    I like how they've simplified the throw system now, I didn't understand the 1 throw escape input, but now it makes a lot of sense.

Good changes to the overall system, and I guess for Japanese players it'll be easy for them to adapt to these subtle changes after playing 5R.

6. 124

124 Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Interesting!!!

Thanks for this!!!

7. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    WOW, those are some serious changes aren't they? These are the types of changes in a sequal not an update.

I must say the damage modifiers and throw escape changes are very reminiscent of Tekken. After watching videos of a few characters it seems like the floats are a bit floatier than before.

8. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I am a little confused with what is written in the section on "Changes to Getting to the Opponent's Side" and "Sideturned notes." It sounds contradictory. Typo?

A typo or does the +3 referred in the "sideturned notes" in context to an opponent recovery after being hit? While, the frame bonuses mentioned in "Changes to Getting to the Opponent's Side" (dependent on attack damage) is bonuses from against a side-turned opponent that sucessfully guarded an attack?

Just to add info from the FS: Master Guide:

Concerning Side Situations
    14 damage or less attacks: 2 additional frame advantage
    15-24 damage: +3 additional frame advantage
    25 damage or more: +6 additional frame advantage

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I think it means that if you just turned opponent sideways, and then do an elbow which they sideblock, you are at +9 frames (+3 from them being sideturned and +6 from hitting a move like that to the sideblock).

So the total advantage you get is always 3 frames + what the scaling advantage is from hitting a move to sideblock.

I dont see contradictions. That +3 is simply the same frame advantage you have from opponent having to turn toward you to 'return to normal situation'. This advantage is propably in place already in vanilla. In vanilla there just is no sideblock so they behave as if they were -3 and always turn toward you.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes, the 3 frames applies to the recovery time (i.e. after being hit) from being side turned before one is able to guard or evade. This penalty does not apply should you decide to attack from side turned (more on this later).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While, the frame bonuses mentioned in "Changes to Getting to the Opponent's Side" (dependent on attack damage) is bonuses from against a side-turned opponent that sucessfully guarded an attack?</div></div>
    These bonuses apply to the attacker whenever they make any type of contact -- guard, hit or counter hit -- to the opponent's side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to add info from the FS: Master Guide:

Concerning Side Situations
    14 damage or less attacks: 2 additional frame advantage
    15-24 damage: +3 additional frame advantage
    25 damage or more: +6 additional frame advantage
    </div></div>

If you look back at the examples the Arcadia article used:

Example 1: "After an elbow, [P] is unguardable..."
    What this should have said was after an elbow counter hit, but anyways, looking at the numbers:

• Typical advantage for Elbow Counter Hit = +7f
    • Typical damage for Elbow is 17pts, so bonus = +3f
    • Opponent is side turned, so unguardable penalty = +3f

Total no. of frames before opponent can guard = 7+3+3 = 13f

Hence, "[P] is unguardable" since most punches are 11f or 12f in speed, and it's not quite elbow punishable (14f). Note that while [P] is unguardable, it is not guaranteed. The final penalty only applies if you're standing there guarding, or buffering an evade input. However, if you attack then you'll negate this penalty and your real disadvantage would then be -7-2 = -9f. At -9f a low punch would beat a high punch because it crouches instantly.

Example 2: "Most big moves are -15 on guard, so from sideturned this becomes -9, so nothing is guaranteed."
    Take Jeffry's knee:

• Knee disadvantage on guard = -15f
    • Knee damage is 30pts, so bonus = +6f

Total no. of frames Jeffry is disadvantaged for = -15 + 6 = -9f

Hence, "nothing is guaranteed". Note that the additional 3 frames penalty isn't applied to the side turned opponent here because they're attacking. Once again, the 3f penalty only applies to guarding or evading from Side Turned.

Hope this helps.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I'm glad to learn that my programmable calculator will still be useful in this iteration of the game.

Thank you for the example Myke.

12. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Ah, thanks for the explanations, Manji and Myke.

13. wir30

wir30 Member

How hard it is just to transfer VF5FS to console all it need is ver.A

14. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I think all they need to do is transfer all the files to a DVD and link them to a play button.

15. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yup, that's pretty much it.

16. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Forgive me if this is answered already... This concept seems to confuse me, I want to make sure I understand the new changes correctly. With the changes to throw escapes specifically, you can now simply hold [P][+][G] at all times and input directions at the appropriate time?

17. Cnul

Cnul Well-Known Member

Yes and no. You can hold your choice before being throw

1) [P][+][G]
    2) [6][P][+][G]
    3) [4][P][+][G]

But if you hold [P][+][G] and input a direction at "the appropriate time", you can miss "the appropriate time" and end up doing a neutral throw break whereas you wanted to do a [6] break throw

So yes it's possible to input a directions after you start holding [P][+][G] but be careful about the timing (you cannot wait the "last moment" to make a choice)

Example : you input [6] but "too late" and the game register the neutral break before so you fail because you have only one shot

18. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Since you can only use one of the 3 escapes you have to also hold the direction you want to use. [G] first then [P] + direction.

19. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Very good to know. Thanks

20. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Can this thread be stickied and made available in the Dojo section. It seems everyone has keeps missing this thread.