1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa - Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    When u put the CPU on CH and he s sideturned it doesn t work coz when u input ur move the cpu input too and he turn back before the hit... With van record this move, P P 1P+K first P to get the timing to evade the 2nd P and CH the 1P+K, u ll get a stagger... Whatever, tonight i ll test it and u ll get the answer (i m actually at work =/)

2. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hi erdaug

The BTW 3 works for P+K and K i tested it... I talk about that with chibi, to use K after the wsP. K is a 16 frame move but if u try u ll see 18 frame after the crush jaw... Maybe the prb comes from that, but i repeat i succeed so..
    For the btw 5, look i got a good combo so after the stagger use [3][K][P] [P] [2][P][+][K] [3][K][K] (NH 91DMG CH 102DMG)
    ANd you were right, the stagger appear even in NH =)

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Thank you very much! OK, i'll keep using [K] after the stagger, i prefer it too (i like to think that Vanessa can still apply pressure with the followup if the opponent manages to unstagger in time).

Another question: could anyone test for combos after DS [2][K][P]? I promised myself i'll use that move more (few opponents know how to punish it properly :D) but i don't know any decent combo after it.

What i usually try to do is DS [P] > [6][P][K][K] but i can't get it to work vs heavies (maybe it's my poor execution skills?) :( Also, to be honest, when i try DS [P] > [6][P][K][K] during a match i frequently input the [6][P] part too early and end up getting DS [P][P][K] string instead :oops: So maybe somebody can find an alternative combo?

4. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    OK Maki, since you asked, how do I beat your Vanessa? ;)

5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Check if ur opponent unstagger (with the crush jaw for exemple) if he doesn t use it coz it s big damage (btw my next thread will be combos with stagger as starter, i know it s not guaranted but it s useful against some players...)
    [2][K][P], a very important move, i use it more those few days, against an Aoi, this move is very efficient... For now the only combo you ve got is [P]->[6][P][K][K] or for heavyweigths [P][P][K]... You got this one too http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=caAY2NBpD0k#t=172s
    Another combo? i ll go to the lab and try to find it ;)

6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Lol u already beat me =p but since u ask: I remind u that u got a top tier char, use his weapons.TAka is my sub so I know what i m talking about, his throws, the 2K+G after a tech roll is useful (+15 on hit) 44P+K, his gb... Whatever his got everything to beat Van, use it... But u have to know that i won t holding back =P

Modelah likes this.
  7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I went to the dojo to test a bit. From what i can tell, after DS [2][K][P] slam [P] > [6][P][K][K] works on everybody except akira, wolf, jeffry, taka. Versus Jacky the string works but requires strict timing; suprisingly vs Jean the entire string connects, no timing required. Maybe it's the same for the other heavyweights, dunno, like i said my executon is not that good, i might be messing up. Anyway, i tried to find some alternatives:

The only thing i can manage to connect vs Taka is DS [6][P][3][K] for 27 damage. Meh, DS [2][K][P] was already kind of pointless vs Taka since it doesn't slam on NH so that not a big dissapointment, right?

DS [2][K][P] > [P] > [K][K] seems to work on everybody up to Jeffry for 3 more damage than the jab string. It also gives better oki i think.

Finally it seems like [P] > [6][P][3][K] works against up to akira and does 2 points of damage more than the [K][K] finisher.

8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    You got this one, i didn t test but it seems to be for all cast http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=caAY2NBpD0k#t=172s

9. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  10. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    OK, so i recently started practicing a my OS wall combos.

AFAIK the bread-and-butter followup after OS wall splat is [P] high wall hit > [1][K][+][G] bound > [3][P] wall hit > [P][+][K][K] low wall hit > [P][+][K][P] (with [P] and [3][P] being interchangable) doing 60 damage.

When Vanessa's stomach is facing the wall i can usually substitute [P][+][K][K] with [3][K][P][K] for some extra damage.

Is there anything similar i could use for some extra damage when vane's *back* is facing towards the wall?

For example, I tried [1][K][+][G] bound > [9][K] high wall hit > [4][P][+][K] wall hit > [P][+][K][P] but i can't get the [4][P][+][K] to wall hit consistently. It happens 1 out of 10 tries.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  11. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    You know what, i was lookin for a batter wall combo yesterday lol... I didn t find anything yet, only what u found, but i didn t test very seriously... But if you want, for lightweights you got this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICfZcrrK7Y&list=UUrn-oqOB-cmowg9CCLHmdKg&index=2 (work with eileen, blaze, shun, aoi, Lion, Sarah, i didn t try vs van pai) even if you re a lil bit to the side it works... But the timing is tight after the 6P+K+G... For the rest of cast,i m not sure if i ll find something, but since u ask, i ll try to find something... after the 4p+k, did u try to use the 6PK? i know that this move can wall hit too...

12. Batcommander

Batcommander Member

Hello! Picking up Vanessa, learning DS stance first. I have some questions:

What exactly do all of Vane's sabakis cover?
    Neutral
    46P+K
    3P
    46KP

Thanks in advance!

13. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    AFAIK this is what her sabakis cover in this version:

DS Neutral: HP
    DS [4][6][K]: HP,HE,MP,EL
    DS [4][6][P][+][K]: HK,MK,SK,KN
    DS [1][P]: LP,LK
    DS IP [P][+][K]: LP,LK

EDIT: If you're not sure what these abbreviations mean, check http://virtuafighter.com/commands/legend.html ;)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Pai~Chun and Batcommander like this.
  14. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    For the [4][6][P][+][K] the MK while opponent is waking up
    Erdaug, are you sure the [4][6][K] parrie the HK? i never tried or noticed it

Batcommander likes this.
  15. Batcommander

Batcommander Member

Thanks to both of you for the useful info! I can't wait to try 46P+K against wakeup, very good tip!

Why do people say 3P is so godly if it only sabakis lows?

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    It s not 3P but 1P, it s the best coz it parries all low (not the full circular) and avoid every high coz u ll be under high moves

Batcommander likes this.
  17. Batcommander

Batcommander Member

Thanks for the tips! Yes i have been using DS stance and getting my ass handed to me. But i like it tho, it is a very simple stance. Once i get DS down, i will move on to OS.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  18. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Note that it will only sabaki MK type rising attacks not the standard MCR (mid crescent aka full circular mid kick)
    So your opponent needs to be in a particular position for this to work (63214+P+G is a good setup)

Batcommander likes this.
  19. Batcommander

Batcommander Member

Thanks for the tip Chibi.

Hey guys, can you tell me some good uses for P+KP and 66PP? They both look similar, does 66PP go under highs?

Another question: After landing a CH 1P, what is a good move to follow up with?

20. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

66PP is slower since you will at least waste a frame with the input, but has a bit more range and the second hit is pretty easy to confirm. I don't think it goes under highs at all.

P+KP range is shorter, the second hit is safer on block. Depending on your opponent skill to duck the second hit when blocking the first, it can/cannot be spammed. The second hit gives good reward on counter but is high so if you notice the opponent is of the evade-->launcher happy type you can let him escape the first hit and delay the second hit to score a big combo.

Don't you mean 3P instead of 1P ? 1P is not very likely to CH due to its speed.
    Well, either way a mix of WS P/throw is the basic mixup as soon as you have a medium advantage in DS.

Batcommander likes this.