1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Backturned Eileen

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

1. So I was answering a question Neonomide had about BT mixups and ended up just dropping a ton of them in the shoutbox. Here are a few of them, and so we can keep discussing it as a group too.
    1. Neo, I like doing either 2KP mixups or P+K mixups
    2. 7 minutes ago - cruzlink2:
      flash you there bra?

3. 7 minutes ago - Tricky:
      once in a while use K

4. 7 minutes ago - Tricky:
      and keep 2K+G on speed dail

5. 7 minutes ago - Tricky:
      this is all assuming I'm going BT with a CH
    6. 7 minutes ago - Neonomide:
      is 2K P natural on NH?

7. 6 minutes ago - Tricky:
      yup

8. 6 minutes ago - Tricky:
      and cancels into her moves

9. 6 minutes ago - Tricky:
      but it's safe
    10. 6 minutes ago - Neonomide:
      that's cool

11. 6 minutes ago - Tricky:
      unless they duck the 2nd P

12. 5 minutes ago - Tricky:
      but you can just do the 2K, then go 8K if they're 2Ping you out of the 2nd hit of 2KP

13. 5 minutes ago - Tricky:
      and if they don't back off and wait when you go BT, just K+G their asses

14. 4 minutes ago - Tricky:
      you got a lot of options on the table, especially 11 or 44 to turn around

15. 3 minutes ago - Tricky:
      whiff punish and get a free 9K

16. 3 minutes ago - Tricky:
      or monkey split into P canceled into an empty monkey twist to get distance and turn around

17. 2 minutes ago - Tricky:
      . . . I've spent a lot of time playing around with BT mixups I suppose
    18. A moment ago - Neonomide:
      is there a forum topic / post that wraps these up somewhere? lotsa info :)
    So Eileen players, what back turn mixups do you love to use, when do you use them, and why do you love them so much?

Neonomide likes this.
  2. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

Do you prefer K+G or 8K when back turned? I think 8K has better combo potential but otherwise they seem very similar.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

If someone likes to 2P me when I go backturned I use 8K. If they like to chase me with a mid attack I use K+G since it does a ton of damage and has a huge hitbox, but puts her personal hurtbox very far from the opponent. It's a way to keep someone from pressuring you but so much when you go backturned.

4. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    I remember when this game was new I once by accident did a monkey roll (66P+K+G) when backturned, so she rolled away from the opponent. It struck me as odd but I never put much effort into recreating this. Now I can't. Do you guys recognize this? I might be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure about what I saw when it comes to Eileen. I wouldn't mistake this move for something else.

EDIT
    Alright lol, I figured out what might have happened. Most likely it happened from side-turned while blocking. It results in her monkey rolling away sideways from the opponent, and it looks like I remember it. I don't think it's possible to do it from true backturned. However, an interesting note is that Eileen ends up as backturned after monkey rolling like this. Put CPU to block and punish with P, then BT yourself with 44P or K+G and block the P while buffering monkey roll.

Conclusively, this is most likely completely useless. But at least no one has to waste time trying to monkey roll from BT since I found the answer I was looking for.

5. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

That would be pretty sick actually, I can think of a ton of ways you could reposition if only that was possible.

ALSO, WHY IS THE BT SWEEP SO GOOD?!?!?!