1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

"Balancing the Monkey" - The hypothetical patch thread.

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Daydream, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    The idea here is to be realistic. And yes, we all know SEGA isn't going to patch FS, so none of that "it's never gonna happen anyway" talk please. Let's pretend that they will patch FS (yes still FS, not VF6). What would you like changed about Eileen in Final Showdown? The reason I'm making this is not to say she needs to be patched. Actually I'm more curious to hear what you guys think, than to actually say things myself. But as creator I'll start with some examples.

Some guidelines first:

- Let's try to be realistic.

- Please share your reasoning behind your proposed changes.

- The premise includes every other character staying as they are.

- The goal is not to make her top tier, just making desirable changes without rubbing her balance.

Proposed changes:

Personally, I can't be specific about some of the more technical details yet. Surely, some of her frames might be valid to discuss. I don't have any specific proposals as of now though, but maybe some of you guys have?

- One cool thing I thought about was that she should have a move from BT 2P+K+G (monkey split). It would probably be a 15-16f mid punch with no particular properties other than to get you back up to (non-backturned) neutral stance. I found I would actually have use for this since I have a weird habit of successfully ducking things while my opponent is behind me with 2P+K+G but then realising there's nothing I can do but stand back up. Sometimes I try to jump away with P since she jumps away from the opponent with that. This would surely be a cool thing for her to have, instead of just ducking against highs you have this special high evasive stance that even works on BT. The attack don't even need to be good, just give her something.

- Give her mid/low or mid/throw mixups from 66P+K+G like Kage, Lei and Blaze. As of now 66P+K+G is way to much of a commitment, especially since you can do nothing from it.

- Make smart changes to expand her evasion. I don't believe her current evasive frames justify her fragility. Her weight is for the most part what I think put at the bottom of the tierlists. This without having some obvious strength to make up for it. Sure she's got a lot of options. I just think a few tweaks to make her a little more evasive with certain stances and such is a justified request.

- Make 3K half circular!

- Half circular from at least monkey split (2p+k+g) or monkey giggle (8p+k+g). Both would be nice but might be too much to ask. If I had to pick one it would be monkey giggles, since if I try 214P when I land her linear stance punch comes out instead. Don't want to rely on delayed throws or G for evades.

Lastly a few not-to-be-taken-seriously Eileen fanboy requests:

46K sabaki....

Give her a banana meter! Like Shuns drink meter, lol. She could eat them and unlock new mixups. Not likely to happen but awesome.

2. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I dont know if this would be considered a fanboy request, but i would like to see Eileen with a monkey stance something similar to Vanessa's defensive stance & the ability for her to switch into that stance b4 the start of the match. It would look something like when she goes into her Goku Shicchi, but she would stay stationary. I'm not sure how the button configuration would work for this but.

Also give her a last name

Daydream likes this.
  3. Daydream

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Her last name is "Ryu" I think. It just isn't displayed in game, but maybe that is what you mean. With the new stance you mention do you mean to divide her attacks between two main stances like Vanessa? Like approx half her moves available from one stance and the other half from the other? Would be pretty cool tbh, I don't see it fitting her though. i think that kind of layout for a character is hard to implement if it wasn't there from the beginning. Still, the same would be said for a banana meter ^^

4. EvenPit

Oh snap didn't know she had a last name! I actually ment give her a whole new set of moves that comes with that stance, either that or implement her old moves with that stance. Yeah idk how that would work either:(

One thing i forgot, i'd like to see her with either a faster guard break or another one all-together. & that Banana thing would be epic!

Daydream likes this.
  5. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Yeah. And 9p shouldn't kill lows! that'd be sweet too. GO GO GO EILEEN.

Daydream and PaiChun like this.
  6. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    I think she got a raw deal on the outfits, especially compared to Vanessa and Aoi. Gameplay, hmm, I do like low throws, even if it's getting tougher and tougher online now to land 'em!

Daydream likes this.
  7. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I feel like her hair options are awesome (at least one of them). I want that huge double ponytail for my pai :(

Daydream likes this.
  8. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Yeah, I like her Peruvian hat thing, that looks nice and cosy this time of year. If Pai gets Teddy and Panda heads, maybe Eileen should have a simian cerebellum selection? :D

Daydream and smb like this.
  9. Daydream

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Oh yes, I've actually thought about this too. Forgot to mention it. Her guardbreaks are pretty hard to use in general, and I believe they are quite demanding on heavy yomi work from your end. Like you can't really just throw 'em out if you think the opponent is gonna be blocking. Most of the time you gotta set them up by doing strings or whatnot. Can't just walk up and 214K somebody. At least I can't.

2P+K+GP sometimes work by itself though, but I usually cancel into that stance from strings anyway. The problem with monkey split I think is that it lacks mixups for evaders. You can't really delay the time she's on the ground so it's easy to predict when attacks will come out and just evade, for educated opponents. And it takes too long to stand back up.

Haha! :D

10. EvenPit

Yeah I agree her guard-breaks do take some planning to pull off especially her 46P+G, & 2P+K+GP can be very predictable,(I would love to see that move being able to dodge mids instead of just highs btw) because she only has so many options from that position, & like u said the op can just evade. I usually don't incorporate that into my strings as much as her 8P+K+G which i think is faster (or at least feels faster).
    I suppose making her 46P a guard break wouldn't be so bad, I was actually thinking of making her P+G a guard-break but that'd be Wayyy OP.

9p is her best move is crushes almost all low attacks & throws & it isn't punishable with a throw afterwards by the op if you execute it twice. If that goes, ill be devastated.

11. Daydream

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Crap i lost the link to where I read this. I wanted to give you a source but canät find it anywhere. I'm sure there was this japanese site with Eileen trivia that was posted here somewhere. Among the supposed facts on there it said her last name is "Ryu". Maybe Tricky or someone else knows what I'm talking about. It also had links to different Kou-Ken clips on youtube and such.

12. EvenPit

Oh ok well if its a Japanese site I should be able to find it. I guess they didn't put it in the game because it doesn't fit too well. Ryu is Japanese to begin with & she is Chinese & Ryu means "Dragon" , also the name is regarded as a boy's name.

13. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

The site that had the info was taken down. It was the eileen blog with all her combos too. Such a loss.

14. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

not sure how I feel about 3K being half circular. Side kicks are already pretty strong and you have that side counter crumple that is devious

15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I don't think it'd be any more messed up than some characters having a half circular PK. I think eileen is meant to be played as an oki beast. She has all the tools needed to get that 1st knockdown and then keep you there for the whole round. Dominate on oki and she's balanced.