1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

This thread was created for Battlefield 3 discussion and camaraderie (including VFDC platoons!).

2. Chanchai

So for a few weeks now, I've become a Battlefield fan. The last couple of weeks spent on Bad Company 2 were awesome and I just finally got my Battlefield 3 (PS3) setup with my PS3 repaired now.

Heck, I'm tempted to get this game on 360 and setting up a soldier on there too (I played Bad Company 2 on 360 and I have to admit, the 360 controller is a bit better for these games). Heck, part of that is because I know some players here like Brisal play Battlefield and it would be awesome to play alongside the 360 guys!

Anyone else playing Battlefield 3?

If I had a strong enough PC, I'd definitely get BF3 on that too.

Also, does anyone want to setup Battlefield 3 "VFDC" Platoons for each system?

It looks like Platoons are merely "groups" on BattleLog. They're not you're completely devoted "Clan" in the traditional sense. They're just one (of many you can join) groups that allow you to have a place to directly compare stats, measure progress, and message your fellow platoon members on BattleLog it seems, but it's still cool.

I have to admit, I'm generally bad at FPS games, and especially Military Shooters. But I've been loving every bit of Battlefield Multiplayer that I've played. Great teamwork, a way to leverage the few things you are good at, there's a place for everyone in this series and it's damn fun!

P.S. Hopefully I'll get to login more BF3 time soon... my wife has hijacked the PS3 for Little Big Planet all evening :p

Chanchai, signing off for now.

UPDATE: Looks like the limit of Platoons per soldier is 5 and you can make 1 Platoon your primary.

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I am down if it's on 360 and the online portion would actually work correctly

4. Nuclear_Nikki

Nuclear_Nikki Well-Known Member

I'm also down(360), I will be banging out BF3 in the upcoming days.

5. Chanchai

Feel free to add me on BattleLog (my OID is Saint_Chanchai)

While I am playing the game on PS3, there is a chance I'll also pick it up on 360 at some point to play with some other friends (and you guys!).

That said, I think it would be great to setup a VFDC 360 Platoon (as well as platoons for PS3 and PC).

I had a late start (Friday) but the game is playing great on PS3 servers (granted, they're probably not nearly as packed as 360 and PC servers). The only issue I've run into is weird audio glitches that aren't that common.

BTW, if collecting dogtags (or even camo) is your thing, US players can get more dogtags and camo from Dr. Pepper caps. They can also get them from getting Dr. Pepper in a combo at Arby's.

6. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I've got it for the 360, the multi is a lot of fun.

7. Chanchai

Which mode would you guys say is your favorite?

Personally, I love Rush the most. Pretty much spend whatever Battlefield time I can muster on Rush.

Also, I've been playing just about all classes depending on what part of the Rush game we're in and the situation. I didn't properly appreciate Support until last night.

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

well well well,.... well well well...!

Before i say anything else, let me say.....Hey leonard!, i KNOW right now you are saying to yourself "sal is gonna post in this thread any second now..." lol

you are correct sir [​IMG]

so after years of playing the battlefield series, I will finally play some games with some VFDC folks (i didnt know you play Battlefield brisal!). about time! I primarily play on PC, cause I completely SUCK at fps on pad (i found a solution for that tho :D). so add me on steam for anyone playing on PC:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ssuddenddeath

I have double dipped 2 times for a game so far (buying the same game on 2 different platforms), first was battlefield bad company 2 for PC and xbox and the second, of course BF3, again for PC and xbox. So yeah, i'll say im pretty much THE vfdc battlefield nerd here (#VFhome is really #BFhome cause of me and faceless lol).

On xbox I use a converter to play with mouse and keyboard and its the best shit ever invented (www.xim3.com). add me on battlelog when im playing on xbox:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/SsuddenDdeath/

also, be advised (see what i did there? :D) that i usually stream playing the game at my twitch.tv (aka justin tv) page: http://www.twitch.tv/suddendeath

I hope this will be as fun as it was when I was playing with a bunch of my VFNYC crew on the dreamcast game -Outtrigger !

9. Chanchai

Awesome to see you here man! I will be checking out the livestream (and trying to learn a thing or two about properly playing BF3!).

This game is worth double or even triple dipping for as far as I'm concerned ^_^

10. Sudden_Death

nuff said!

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Fuck I need money [​IMG]

12. Nuclear_Nikki

13. AnimalStaccato

14. Nuclear_Nikki

Hahaha, I was actually offended. I had been playing halo reach only, so I did kinda suck at BF3... alot. But I love it =) I'm sure I'll get better in like 2yrs time max.

15. Chanchai

Not going to deny that I suck, but I'm absolutely loving this game anyways ^_^

BTW, the audio is freaking awesome in this game (though my audio glitches out sometimes in multiplayer). It was quite good in Bad Company 2, but I think Battlefield 3 sets a new high on Game Audio.

16. Sudden_Death

first rule in Battlefield:

FORGET YOUR K/D RATIO

k/d is for rambo games like cod, this is a TEAM game. the only one sucking is the whole team. you could have a ton of kills and end up in last place (possible!). you could place first without killing a single fly by helping the team (giving ammo, health, reviving...etc..)

there's really nothing to prove in battlefield. just win the game

17. AnimalStaccato

You'll notice I quoted my win/loss not my kill/death though. FYI I'm pretty good at CoD as well though, and Crysis, and like...any FPS.

Once you learn the basic stuff like gunskill and where to position yourself, all those things transfer over to pretty much every FPS.

Yeah you could be the guy who gave out a box of ammo and you would be contributing. But, if there's an equivalent guy on the other team who gave out ammo AND has a positive k/d then he is out playing you. Every time someone dies they have time out re spawning and then have to trek all the way back to the objective.

That's why you have slayers in clan based games. If they are dead then they can't do nething and it gives ur team the advantage.

18. Chanchai

The teamplay and objective-focused aspects are absolutely why I fell in love with this series.

It's fun when you find yourself (even if only for half the game) at the top of the scoreboard despite having a pretty abysmal K/D ratio. I know at higher level games it won't be like that, but it still feels good to see that in general pickup games. Too bad I got bumped to 2nd right at the very end of that game though :p

But yeah, resupplying, healing, keeping a squad alive in the front with revives/heals, actually doing Recon (one of the best things about Battlefield imo is Recon is actually RECON, I haven't felt this since... Rainbow Six games of long ago), etc..

As for feeling like I still suck, I still have a lot to learn about the maps, but it's getting better ^_^

BTW, glad they put out the new Myth Busters video for Battlefield 3. Remember how in Bad Company 2 you could kill people with defibrillators? Yeah, now only on a certain sweet spot... I tried jump starting a guy from behind like 3 times before his teammate came and blasted a cap in my ear. Back to using the knife :p

19. Chanchai

IGN's Wiki has actual multiplayer mode maps for Battlefield 3 here.

That said, I decided to add more "love & support" for BF3 by getting a guide, though I used the $20.00 pre-order credit from Amazon to get that (so it's kind of like a limited edition bundle I guess).

Haven't received the guide yet but it's freaking huge and it has the multiplayer section in the front and it covers like 3/4 of the whole guide.

20. combo2008

combo2008 Well-Known Member

great game i use the recon class (+). and the light modification is epic. good stuff dice