1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Tribe event yesterday

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by grynn, Jun 23, 2003.

1. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

I went to the Beat Tribe Event yesterday.
    It was fun!

the arcade is really small as was mentionned in another thread, and it was very hot. The room was packed with people, so I missed a lot of matches.

There was 3 blocks: A,B and C

And the winners of the blocks were team Jacky (don't remember the exact team name), Team Sarah (Saratanhaha, or something like that) and Team Pai (Oppai Ga Ippai)

The first match opposed Team Sarh to Team Jacky, excellent fights, the Team leader, Ani Sarah won the last match.

Then Team Jacky defeated Team Pai pretty badly, the second member (couldn't read his name, but he is a Mei Shou) won most of the matches.

Third match opposed Team Pai against Team Sarah with a clear win for Team Pai.

To select the winners, the team leaders played matches again.

Tsuchikumo Pai defeated Ani Sarah and the Jacy leader.

Ani Sarah defeated the Jacky Leader

this determined the 2 team winners, Team Sarah and Team Pai!

There were amazing matches during this last part.
    The crowd was cheering all the time.

special mention to Aopai Pai who did some impressive things!!

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

very cool, will there be any vids of it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM PAI!

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Grynn,
    Are you staying close to machida or was it hella far away from where your staying? Beat tribe tournies are a very unique experience that everyone should enjoy sometime in their life. I'm glad to hear another person's experience of a great time there. Tell MaruY that AlexKidd said Hi! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Laters^^

4. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

No I actually live in Tokyo, so I had to take the express train from Shinjuku.

It was really a fun experience, and the atmosphere during the tournament was really great!!

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey Grynn, any recollection of how the other teams went? I'm surprised the Akira team which had minami, ohsu, mukky, homestay (how's that for evil?) didn't make the finals?

6. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

I unfortunately missed the match in which they lost.
    I thought this team would be invincible, but they lost to Team Pai.

I forgot to which team Team Kage lost, as I only saw the last match.

Team Think Punk (Chibita's Team) lost pretty badly. Chibita (who was the team leader and thus the last to fight) was defeated by a Tsuwamono Lau.

BTW, Chibita is now Kensei and he has demoted Tsuchikumo to Toushou rank after the tournament ended.

7. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Ok made a mistake.

It wasn't Aopai but Goronisensai (or something close to that)
    He did some daring stuff.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

where are the vids?!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

I don't know when the vids will be up... sorry

10. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

what exactly is beat tribe? i've heard of them? in many threads.

11. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

“Beat Tribe†is a famous small Arcade in Japan that host well known tournaments once in a while.
    I think that the footage from the “Green Book DVD†was from the Beat Tribe arcade.
    Maybe someone in Japan could fill out the rest if I did get something wrong.

12. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I believe zero chan had taken some pictures of the beat tribe arcade in one of the other threads somewhere... do a search for it if you want to see what it looks like. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

13. Sidez

Sidez New Member

Imagine a small basement with 20 odd machines and dim lighting.

Great tournament, seeing Chibita play in person is too awesome.