1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Pai moves - your opinion:)

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Konradinho, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    How do u think, what are Pai's best moves??? I'm sure, that one of them is Ensei Kousoucha ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif)... And what about others?? I'm waiting for ur propositions.

2. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

standing P
    swallow kick with uf+KG
    F+P, k
    ff+K, P
    U/B+KG
    D/F+p string (my fave string)

ive never played 5 but i assume these migth be her best:p

3. Konradinho

PSN:
    konradinho2
    Heh, I agree with everything:) I also never played VF5, but I think ure right. And 3 the best from THE BEST IMO are:

1. Ensei Kousoucha:)
    2. ff+k,p
    3. Swallow Kick (single ofcourse:)

4. Cupcake_Desu

i think f+p is definately one of her best moves, staggers on crouch now, 14 frames, follow k is only - 8 on block ( but -2 on hit :p),
    rising palsm great to, cant be punised :),
    swallows improved, now +6 on counter as apposed to +3 in FT, do u think being 9+KG is a bad thing or no big deal??,
    P, k looks good too
    her 270 shud be in there two which is now half circular from f to b.
    i think her floaters have been strengthed, they seem to float higher, i remember in FT 1+P, and K floats were lower, but now they seem back to normal i think,does rising plams float higher??
    i like her SouKaSenPuuKyaku, 3+P, then k (hold),

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I see no point in using 9k+g over 6p anymore.

6. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I just started playing pai, but it seems like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif will reliably crush /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif at +1 (after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif block f.i) where /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif wont. It also seems to have slightly better range, and recovers closer to the opp (which is both bad and good).

as for best moves, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif seems unfair esp compared to say jacky's kickflip.

7. Cupcake_Desu

its a great punisher i guess, can u still delay the 2nd kick to get 3 hits?? when u say 7+kg, wot do u mean it in a good way,, i hope /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Yeah, i mean it in a good way: 15 frame mid that does 30pts normal hit, beats clash cleanly ( and I would assume almost all sabaki /reversal attempts ), no guaranteed punishment on block, distances you from your opponent, and has a canned followup? Pretty ridiculous. The only thing jacky's kickflip has on it is 1 frame of startup . . .

9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - Comparing it to VF4:Evo, they really improved this move. I will need to check it out!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - I won't say this is Pai's best move, but something I liked in Evo. Nice damage potential to counter low attacks and safe. Only negative is that it is pretty slow.

10. Konradinho

PSN:
    konradinho2
    I agree, that bf+K+G is great move, with god evade properities... Man, that was my favourite move in EVO... BTW, what about throws people???
    The best IMO are:
    1. Senpuu Enka (the most damaging and uncounterable with escape)
    2. Stumbling Trip (nice followups, can be most damaging with correct continuation)
    3. df+P+G with guaranted swallows:)

11. Cupcake_Desu

i wanna see more her new throws, one puts you on side other i dunno

12. XXYoungJinXX

XXYoungJinXX New Member

Heyy new to the forums =). I haven't had much time to play VF5 [thank-you midterms and essays] since I bought it. VF has changed quite a bit since I last played the series as a kid.... VF1-2 hahaha =P. Any tips what I should be doing or looking for in Pai? She seems like a pretty easy pick up and play girl, does this make her limited? Thanks for the help!

13. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

SWALLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Pai~Chun likes this.
  14. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

you mean the 270 throw? where she spins you around to the other side? well they change that throw to make it easy now it's no more 270,it's
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif doesn't always work alot,so dont always use it much because people can find your pattern and just use it against you,so try other moves for pai,like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is good

15. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

But pai is a good char to play though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. Cupcake_Desu

no not her half circular i know thats changes shes got df,df +PG, and B + PG new throws

17. 124

124 Well-Known Member

F+P-K is a cute 2 hit move
    F+K-P-K is also good.
    U+F+K+K is a good opener for crouches.