1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Libertine, Jun 19, 2012.

1. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Brad 9P+K is sort of shitty because it lacks the range of similar moves like Wolf's or Goh's. Fucks you up with long range CH 6_K juggles.

2. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Hmm...alright, let me help here.

Better than [4][P] alone is [4][P][K]. You can hitcheck [4][P] into [4][P][K] on CH, and [4][P][K] is one of your two strings that go into your best Ducking nitaku on normal hit. [4][P] should also be noted for its incredible wall combo starter potential, with [4][P]([8] or [2])->Slipping [P][+][K] being guaranteed from [4][P]'s wall stagger.
    Super delayable mid [3][P][P][+][K] is my favorite follow up, much safer than either high option, and you won't even be able to use [3][P][K] to beat evades once people start using ECD and EDC. Don't forget that you can always crouching fuzzy guard after [3][P] instead of any follow up. Crouching fuzzies will keep your follow ups fresh and surprising.
    One of the best uses of elbow is to safely (See: hitchecked) go into your Ducking nitaku on CH. [6][P][K] is also hitcheckable on CH, and causes knockdown. I wouldn't get into the habit of doing delayed [6][P][K] to beat [6][P] blockers/evaders as it's -16 on block and high on top of that, so expect the best players to use high evasive option selects after you use [6][P]. It does ring out at the right distance from a half-wall, but you should try to use the mid mid [3][P][+][K][P] for this purpose instead when you can (14f attack vs 16f attack though).
    [P][+][K] is the only move to go into Ducking nitaku safely on block versus 12f jabs.
    This isn't a combo, it's a string. Only Slipping [P][P] combos naturally. CH Slipping [P][P] combos into Slipping [P][P][K]on hit[K]. In related news, Sway Back [P][P][K]on hit[K] is a natural combo at fastest timing, though it starts high.
    [9][P][+][K] is a mid.

This list needs more range. [3][P][+][K][P]! [4][4][K]! [1][K][+][G] (sneaky as fuck long range low)!

You might also want to know that besides [4][P][K], the mid high [6][K][P] also goes into Ducking nitaku on hit. Be aware both [6][K] and [6][K][P] are pretty evade-punishable.

3. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Feck, sorry about the misinformation in my post. Brad's 9[P][+][K], jumping dtee sawk bon is a mid not an ex high. I always get confused and call it an ex high because of its evasive properties. Not the first time I've done that either lol. Sorry about that.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Watch the first half of this video it may be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=g4w1VzzVWkM

4. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

So, is there ever a time when I should use GB rather than a throw or a low against a mid to high level opponent? The GB is rather slow and easily evaded or ducked under, so is the a move that you would recommend any usage? Maybe stick to minimal usage or avoid if possible?

5. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

If your opponent is too slow to crouch or evade the guard break, then it's good against a wall. Use [4][P][2] or [8] (Slipping) [P][+][K] and then finish the combo.

DK likes this.
  6. DK

so it does have its uses, but shouldn't be as heavily relied upon as the GB of Akira or lau. Alright, cool

7. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

just learning brad now, just curious about what his best options are versus tech rollers??

8. G_A

G_A Well-Known Member

I usually duck, either P+K or P+G.
    If the opponent has a annoying punch sabaki I trade P+K for K+G.

9. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

His best options are usually Ducking [P][+][K] and [4][K]. Check my meaties thread for some setups.

10. DK

Hey @Libertine, I am back to brad after having a short run of trying to main Jacky. I guess it didnt work out because I find it too boring although I am winning more online (doesnt mean much to me). Do you think that there is such a thing as being to dependent on the stance mixups? Like focusing on trying to get into the stances so much and not just playing the elbow throw game? ex. everytime I land 4pk i go into a stance. Should I be trying to do the 6_k throw mixup after that more often?

11. Libertine

Yes, that can happen to you a lot. Every character relies on basics, and stance mix-ups may be best when you don't always use them. If you land 4PK though, it's best to go into a stance. You don't have enough frame advantage after [4][P][K] for nitaku, even on a counter hit.

12. DK

Im sure if I just stuck to 6p 6_k and 4kp and throws, I would have more success... Maybe less is more?

13. Libertine

Those are good moves that you should use often. How are your reflexes on hit and guard? I'd train in Dojo Mode until you can consistently fuzzy and use 6_K on counter hit after 6P.

14. DK

Yeah, I can fuzzy and hitcheck for counter hits. 6p Ch 6_k is no problem for me.

15. DK

@Libertine sawk klab [6] [P]+[K] and last shot [2] [P]+[K] [6] [P] do different damages, correct? If so, can differentiate both of the damage values on our official VFDC combo page?

16. Libertine

I think I may have done that prior to the changes made to the combo lists. For now, subtract 5 points of damage for [2][P][+][K][[P]][[P]][6][P].

DK likes this.
  17. DK

Ok, thanks for update [P][E][E][P]

Libertine likes this.
  18. DK

Why do brad players never or scarcely use 2_3p as a CH launcher. Its pretty much like jackys although one frame slower. Are there better options, or is it something that brad [P][E][E][P][s forget about?

19. Libertine

It's linear and less safe for the same amount of damage that CH [6_][K] gives you.

20. DK

I want to inject some life into this thread. Where are all the Brad players? Anyway, I have stumbled onto some 4p+g okizeme strats (actually quite a long time ago) I noticed that OM to feet yielded better get up kick situations. Especially for Akira as his mid getup kick is evadeable face down feet toward. Anyone have any thoughts? Is there better options? Please... Put some life back into Brad threads [P][E][E][P] s