1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad info request.

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Adio, May 31, 2006.

1. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I don't think it's used that much in general. Sure, you can hope for a mC at the first hit but it's nothing really great like the entire chain gauranteed if the first hits on MC or something so it's use is more fancy points or something.

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said, a long time ago:

This can be focused on, but the Rajadamunan combination (sway back [P]+[K][P][K] on guard or hit [3][K]) can be delayed on the third hit, so after having the first two hits guarded lets you use a strong mix up. On guard it's not counterable, so you can just use all four hits every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, I, omg, found a flowchart that uses 46k in a somewhat sane way that I thought I'd share.

[P]+[K](MC +11 frames)>[4][4][6][K]

The knee will, in this big adv, hit someone who tries a [2][P] guaranteed in mC (this is the only time it will since 3k gives to much of a pushback) and you'll catch the evader (ete'r) with it aswell. Yes, it's not the best thing ever but atleast something lol.

/KiwE

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

KiwE; that's a masterful discovery, thanks for sharing! You know, the way we all theorise and praise the depth of VF, you'd think we were Jedi contemplating the Force... /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BTW, my Lightsaber is <font color="green">green</font>. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Mine is long, has an angry looking, red head, and spits youghurt at the ladies.

/KiwE

4. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find a move of Brad's that is good to use against [2][P] but it seems that he's one of the few characters that does not have anything useful against the this, any suggestions?

5. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

umm... guard and take the advantage... like everyone else?

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

SLP if you know how it works + fancy points. From backdash; 446k+g. 443p+k,p. Using straight nitaku:. 6P(K) or 6P(G) if you want to get fancy. 2p+k6p depending on the advantage is gold at +4 (opponents mostly 2p in their dis), 6k or modified upper @+5. Stuff like that.

Edit: Nice, and helpful, reply to guard when you believe the opponent will 2p Vanity. I'll have to try that sometime instead of pressing nitaku / backdash attack etc. Is that one of those textbook VF solutions I've been hearing so much about?

/KiwE

7. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

i think you're guilty of giving him too much credit.

8. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I think you're guilty of thinking you know what you're talking about.

9. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

here's what i'm thinking he's talking about:

"akira, wolf, and aoi have [2][P]+[K] to beat low punch.

goh and vanessa have [4][3][P]+[K]

what can brad do?"

That is how i interpreted the question.

10. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

it looks like south florida has a little scene going...i wouldn't be so quick to judge what anti lp stuff tony is looking for...ladon is a shun player and has doubtless busted out a donkey kick or two.

11. tonyfamilia

Thank you KiwE, I appreciate your help.
    I WAS looking for something like what s_aki mentioned. Shun's mule kick does beat [2][P] and I was hoping that Brad had a similar move. I went down his whole move list trying to find a low-punch crusher and nothing.

Now, it's time for a toast:
    Cheers- To all on this site who care about the VF community and help it grow by being cool towards those trying to learn the game.
    Jeers- To all condescending, hipocritical, self-righteous assholes who do nothing but alianate those trying to learn the game.

Oh, yeah, Vanity, go stick a giant umbrella up your ass and then ask your boyfriend to open it.

12. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

yea ok so i'm a massive dick, what else is new.

13. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

the point is those 'low punch beaters' are never going to be a player's answer to dealing with low punch - the long-term answer is always securing frame advantage and pressuring from there.

the previously mentioned moves can be useful for beating low punch, but it's just as easy to pretend you are going to low punch as it is to think the opponent will low punch - and if that is your main answer to low punch, they will be netting more damage than you.

Do not think vanity is being cocky when he says guard and take the advantage. That is the smartest way to deal with a low punch, but not the easiest to incorporate.

14. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    tonyfamilia said:
    Jeers- To all condescending, hipocritical, self-righteous assholes who do nothing but alianate those trying to learn the game.

Oh, yeah, Vanity, go stick a giant umbrella up your ass and then ask your boyfriend to open it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hypocritical" and "alienate."

Don't be homophobic. Ironic how you're trying to do what Jesus did... "Hipocrit!"

15. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

yea ok so i'm a massive dick, what else is new.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen you in real life.I wouldn't call you massive. You're quite lean actually.

16. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

it's a figure of speech man /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

17. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

for low punch beating, you can backdash into 3P+K,P or 4,6 K+G, both work very well towards these ends, one will stagger for good pressure and one will knockdown for good Oki, you can also use 4 P+K+G K or P because though the P will whiff over their head, if you use it to go into ducking or slipping, not many opponents will try and hit you immediately there and also, there are several instances where if you do what you were doing immediately, it will beat their low P, and of course the K will hit straight up if you do it immediately, so it's good. There is also a good deal of situations where you can use slipping to evade the opposite direction of a low P's starting hand but that tends to be convoluted and isn't exactly practical in a fast paced situation. Hope that helps some o_O;; (bear in mind, if you are facing Lion, the back slipping stuff will tend not to work due to his increased low P range)

18. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Backslipping isn't very valid imho. Atleast not effective. Slipback K will hit and give only +1 in mC and not often stagger. Better to do 446p (to get out of range when +1 against 2p) > ducking options etc for less risk then. Backdashing and doing P if you think a 2p will come makes very little sense to me actually.

Btw Slipback K and 3k staggers if the opponent is holding down AND G when it connects, but not if he's just crouching / mC on a 2p unlike for example Akiras 3k (WHYYYYYY???) ^^
    This is something to think about perhaps in Okizeme situations against delayed rising / fuzzy (guys shouldn't get hit by it if they're good at delayed rising anyways though). An example would be someone who quickrises after 46p+g while holding guard.

Other options you can throw out from time to time is 11G>slip/slipfake options ( and other Oshu style goodies if you can control the pace of the action well. Boxstep > 33p+g works quite well as well as you cancel a failed evade anyways. But then again you should ask yourself why you're boxstepping in your advantage...Throw in a pkg cancel or a upper from time to time to keep them guessing.

Backdash into maximum range and doing 2k+g works quite well also if you really need that end of the round damage. At maximum range it's hard to press nitaku against Brad who's -3 after normalhit on this move as you can backdash/ boxstep away from throwattempts quite well. If you're high level you can go for ARE after at -3.

Btw; most of this is inneffective shit. What's truelly effective is pressing the nitaku you have and mixing it up with delayed throws / attacks. But it's fun to vary and can help you to be less predictable *^___^*

This is all evo talk btw so Jerky doesn't have to put in his usual disclaimer about FT after my post as usual ^^;

/KiwE

19. tonyfamilia

Thanks, Siyko, theBradshow and KIwE, for all your advice and help on my original question. Siyko, I dont think vanity was being cocky when he said what he said, he was being a prick, and he knows it. He was talking some shit like I hadn't even seen the fucking movelist or something, then he was like "you're giving him too much credit". No disrespect towards you or anybody else that actually helped but fuck him.

Sebo, what do you want, huh? You want me to shit all over you? Is that what you want? You want my attention? Well, you got it, here you go:
    You should have done a little more research before you wrote your little hateful comment.
    You would have noticed that the Jesus remark was long gone. I dont roll with Jesus anymore. So, fuck you and the sheep you rode in on.
    And to all of you "hypocrits" (dont worry, my bitch Sebo will correct any spelling mistakes I make) it's real easy to sit there and look at religious people try and walk in the faith and the minute that they slip up point at them and say "hey, that's not what the Bible says" but people like you are like the people that sit on the sidelines at a marathon and yell at the runners. "Come on", "Let's go", "You call that running?".
    Go and join the race and see how easy it is to not sin, to not have sex outside of marriage, to not be tempted, to not swear, to not judge, to love your brethren, to love your ENEMY, to turn the other cheek, etc.
    It's very difficult, I know because I tried and all assholes like you that try to criticize God's children when they stumble shall reap your reward one fateful day. The Bible says "Fall down seven times, stand up eight". Religious people aren't perfect and really good religious people dont claim to be.
    Some of them mess up and end up preaching damnation instead of salvation. "You're going to hell..." instead of "God forgives all sins and you can be born again" but they're not evil. They might be trying to turn a homosexual straight because the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong and they dont understand that he or she was BORN that way and that they did not CHOOSE to be that way, but they are not evil.
    Now those that KILL and do physical harm to others in the name of their religion are evil.
    So to anyone that chooses to attack me through Christianity, I'm not a Christian anymore, so fuck-off.

Now, Sebo, go and check my bio again and spell-check my shit, bitch!

20. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!