1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

brad stuff

Discussion in 'Brad' started by alantan, Dec 28, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I have a question, from the 1/60 website and the greenbook, the brad's slipping front (u/d+p+k+g) k (the knee) is supposed to get a down (crumple?) on MC. But I cannot seem to get it on the machine vs CPU in Singapore.

Does anyone saw the crumple on MC b4 or is it a mistake on the website?

Some stuff,
    b+p,k is very strong. the b+p is half circular and Brad is basically at an advantage when even when blocked. When blocked slipping front P will interrupt elbow class which is basically a LOT of moves. When the knee hits, use K instead of a P. the knee is very safe, -1 when blocked. But not so good on MC... I can't seem to get the crumple vs CPU /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

It also says that sway knee will give you a crumple in the Perfect Guide. Ive tried it a bunch of times and havent been able to do it either. Its possibly an error in the book...

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This is something that has puzzled me for a long time as well.

Both the Evo Perfect Guide, Green Book and 1/60sec all say the Piercing Knee (slipping front, [K]) will produce a "vital area" crumble on MC (i.e. between the legs). This is the same (new) type of crumble seen when Wolf's Knee MCs. What's even more frustrating is that the Perfect Guide lists combos for the Piercing Knee MC! I was thinking that maybe there were different ver.A's going around, but then I don't ever recall a movie where Brad used this move, in either ver.A or B. I wonder how this move will be in the ps2 version.

Anyway, in keeping on topic with "brad stuff" I'd thought I'd just mention that Brad's middle kick reversal [1][P]+[K] will work on all types of middle kicks. This includes middle kicks, sidekicks and mid-circular as well. Yes, that means Brad can reverse middle rising kicks!

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]

Both the Evo Perfect Guide, Green Book and 1/60sec all say the Piercing Knee (slipping front, K) will produce a "vital area" crumble on MC (i.e. between the legs). This is the same (new) type of crumble seen when Wolf's Knee MCs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, I have video evidence that this exists.

In the AOMORI movie 020708.wmv, reported here, at the 0:20 mark you see Brad MCs Wolf with the Piercing Knee, and the "vital area" crumble is seen.

Now if the movie filename is in fact the date the match occurred, then this indicates it was done on ver.A, which then leads me to believe there are two different ver.A's. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Two version As

[ QUOTE ]
    Now if the movie filename is in fact the date the match occurred, then this indicates it was done on ver.A, which then leads me to believe there are two different ver.A's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely believe there are two version As. Why? Becuase I've tried a countless number of times to do that freaky Jeff-Threat Stance-Face Grab combo that is Lion, Pai, Brad, and Lau only; and I have never been able to do it (Llanfair has been unable to do it as well). Beyond that I was hold that it was impossible on my version of EVO -- I've never really believed that but not that there is other "version A and a half" evidence...

cheers,
    kbcat

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Re: Two version As

Well, kyasao did say in his recent famitsu interview that the version Sega released to the oversea market was some 'test' version.... So I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's not what the japanese people have.

7. Nelson

Nelson New Member

Here's another question. What to do against blocked low attacks? Brad can't low throw and doing a knee or uppercut doesn't float because it's not MC /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

It depends on the low attack.

If it recovers slow enough, then some of your mid attacks will be guaranteed. Otherwise you'll just have the advantage which is usually enough for your mid to beat any of their attacks afterwards.

Best counter attacks to use are [6][P] which is an excellent flow chart starter, or [2][P]+[K][6][P] which you can follow up with a slam combo.