1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Tsuchikumo

Discussion in 'Goh' started by KingofcarnageVF, Jul 13, 2011.

1. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

What is the most effective way to beat 66pg, namely when getting up?

2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    In VF4EVO you could simply escape it as any other throw.

Now you can either:
    - attack
    - crouch
    - throw (as you get up it may be already too late for your throw to connect before Goh's catch throw, it depends on when the opponent actually did the move)

I don't really think there is a universal way to defend against it. Quick reactions help a lot [​IMG]

3. KingofcarnageVF

its almost unstoppable on wake up. I did it against Conqurers on expert and the had no answer when timed properly

4. KingofcarnageVF

I think my best options are mix of exact recovery, tech roll crouch dash, delay get up with no move

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The simplest answer: [2][P]

Never trust the CPU.

6. KingofcarnageVF

more and more Im using low punch. One thing that worked well when i use Vanessa, is to Os Dmpk to his back.Lol! That worked pretty good, wish low throw worked

7. KingofcarnageVF

I specifically remember getting a low throw once, I dont know what the parameters were, but I will find out.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You got a low throw after which siutation? Are we still talking about Goh's Tsuchikumo [6][6][P][+][G]?

9. KingofcarnageVF

I beleive it was but im not shure, it wasnt after i crouched, mabey i got 2p counter but sometimes crazy things happen. Especialy on the 360.

10. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Shouldn't standing throws 0-frame when Goh is attempting 66P+G as it's a catch throw?

11. KingofcarnageVF

excellent point