1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Camera controls in VF3 Arcade

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by oneida, Jun 18, 2015.

1. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    This is something I've wondered about for a while now, and I'm hoping some of you vets could shed some light on it.

I'm sure that most of us are aware that VF3tb on the Dreamcast featured (puzzlingly) a first-person camera option which could be toggled with the L and R triggers with the default control scheme.

However, what I didn't know was that this also seems to be in the arcade version. I've seen it multiple times on the mikado stream, and my Prima VF3tb guide (look, it's got frame data) mentions that "all the secrets in the arcade version are preserved in the Dreamcast port." Probably referring to Shun's snowman and the desert train, but perhaps referring to the camera controls as well.

So, anyone know how to do it? My only guess is P2 start with no credits on a second linked board, but I've got no way to test it. @GodEater could you shed some light?

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I wanna know more

Sorry for de-railing thread bnut I really wanna

3. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1

Unicorn likes this.
  4. thr

thr Active Member

Yeah the camera angle switch was also in the arcade version. If I remember right by pressing start the angle changed.