1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone do dfp+g fc 2p bfp+k d/fpp?

Discussion in 'Lion' started by AnimalStaccato, Apr 30, 2009.

1. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

(Against Akira)

I saw Chibita do it in a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTYwkHxHlvU

I can land the first d/fp in open or closed, In the vid Chibita does it both times in open. Also It looks like he dosnt do a full fc (If any).

With the first d/fp it does 49dmg, I can only imagine what it does with the second (well prob around 60).

So, can anyone here do it? I've been stuck on this for hours.

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Stance doesn't matter on this combo. You need to keep holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif for the entire /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

3. AnimalStaccato

ok Ill give it a go thanks, ne idea how much dmg it does?

O and whats the deal with the fc In the vid it looks like Chibita dosnt do one but his feet move a tiny bit?

4. Oioron

You can buffer the crouching.

2 ways to buffer the crouch: Simple crouch-dash = /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif
    or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif

So with the throw this is the whole command: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

This technique works on any moves that require you to do from crouching position: Akira's double palm, Kage's flying knee, etc...

5. AnimalStaccato

buffer the crouch before the throw so it comes out after the throw?

6. Oioron

I was talking mainly of doing the throw immediately. The same idea applies for the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif though.

After the throw you buffer before the throw animation ends. Just a bit before Lion lands. You shouldn't see Lion crouch, otherwise your doing too late. It will not come out either if you do it too early.

7. AnimalStaccato

Ok so what are the benefits of buffering the crouch? I had been fc after the like 'recovery frames'(?) of the throw finished and I had full control over Lion again.

I can do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif from fc and the throw.

8. Oioron

You can do moves faster if you buffer them. If done well, you won't even see your character crouch. The moves would just come out.

9. AnimalStaccato

Ok theres still alot of VF theory I need to get to grips with, thanks for your help man.