1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Charge moves

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Zekiel, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    ..... Somebody might have mentioned this but the game read the charging as a move, so it can be evaded. Its a glitch imho but this cant allow you to catch any failed evades, or add to the yomi aspect of the game. So unless your jean, who can cancel his charges, charging is useless

Test it out with akira's 64P+K and Jacky's 3PPP+K

2. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Not sure man, but I think charge moves and the ability to evade charge moves have been around since either of us started playing VF.

3. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    I have nothing against charge moves. its the fact that the game reads the charg. as a move to be evaded. i hvnt thrown anything out yet, im in the middle of charging yet they get a sucessful evade. Doesnt make sense.

4. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but being able to evade charge moves is somewhat necessary. Since the charge on these moves can be cancelled at any moment into the actual move, it would be far too taxing on the part of the defender to attempt to "read" when his opponent will actually unleash the move.

Imagine Wolf's super chop being unavoidable until the actual chop was triggered. Wolf would basically be daring his opponent to choose between three very unpleasant options: attempt to attack before the chop is released (failure would result in a CH), attempt to read the release and evade (failure would result in CH), or just hold G and pray for the best (that silly stagger which leads to stupid damage).

I'm not sure if it's a glitch, but it's necessary...

Pai~Chun likes this.
  5. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    ....true enough, i guess it be OP if they did it that way.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its not a glitch since youre doing an actual move. Its just very slow.. And yes, charging is generally not so great. Also, Eileen can cancel her charge move.

7. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Yea i 4 got bout eileen n pai also can cancel. See in that case i could say, everyone should have a way to cancel there charging. That would make it fair

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Fair? Maybe
    Not so sure about balanced however

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I don't know whats "unfair" about being able to sidestep charges since you can sidestep the non-charged versions just as well..

10. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Errr, which Eileen charge move is it people are talking about?

In general charge attacks are just moves with variable startup frames. The longer you charge, the more frames before it goes active. As all evades happen before (or duing?) active frames, it makes sense that you can evade during the charging phase. Nothing is really changing.

Ellis likes this.
  11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Well we were talkin about Eileens 46P+K which isn't actually charge move :D

related: Kage 236K+G is a real charge move and can be g-canceled btw.

12. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    I want the cancel for the mix up. Pai, jean vanessa kage can do this. others cant. Brodi explained how it would be OP to predict them so i'd rather like it if everyone could cancel there charges. I guess the only way to tell if that would be legit would be to have it in-game.