1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago --New start

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADrox, Jan 17, 2006.

1. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Gathering

yo everyone, this is your friendly neighborhood spiderman to tell you this important message "the player known as SH_ will be in Chicago, moving to Chicago that is, tomorrow at 6, dunno how hectic things are gonna get and what not but he would not be against playing with some peoples every now and again... so get at me through AIM (thought84) or through this, which I haven't been checking that much, and we can see about gaming, I don't own VF5, or either of the systems that it's planned to come to, so it would be me myself and I alone, and I have no car so I'd prolly be el' to w/e location, just get at me" PZ all

2. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Sorry, I havnt checked this in soo long... ..
    But 1) only 1 person i know owns VF5 and/or a ps3... so not much play here.. but still strong guys hang'n in there.
    2) Yosuke,,, im sorry i missed it,, i would have loved to help you out.. ya gotta get in touch with other members of this site who know us in the future... let me know when you come back into town.. What games do you play btw ??

3) SH_ ,, OMG,, i wish i had known... anyway,,, email me or ill look for you on AIM.. to let you know where else we hook up .. I dont as much,, but i try my best.. but the the other VF crew does routinely like some good play.

Anyone else,, Chi-crew is still alive,, jsut that no-one invested in a ps3 to play VF yet.... but we are available for comp... and in my case for some NAMBLA action /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. Caj

Caj Well-Known Member

I'm just curious on how many players are just waiting for the 360 version.I only know a couple of people who invested in a PS3 and VF5,but only for casual play.

4. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

It looks like MADrox can host me.... I thank you so much!

I have no idea where I will stay there, but I will (kind of)definitely stay at your hosue on thursday and probably sunday. I'll be leaving on monday because I may be playing KOF with other players. it depends on what happens there. I may join the VF gathering or may not

anyway,I am looking forward to meeting youguys. see you there.

5. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

I'll be around

6. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

SH_ ,

give me a call later.. to see whats up .. You have gaming planned for this weekend ? You going out to eat with us on Friday night ? check the other board for details.

Caj,

PM me or Brad show some info.. we're both of for some comp (he has more time than me though). I visit the southside all the time,,so let me know where you're at. You head'n to evo ?

7. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Who here has ps3+vf5? I just finished school and my internship is over with. Basically looking for work, but would love to play some games before life takes over again. I have ps3, VF 5 and 1 VSHG.

8. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

lets see if others are willing to form something on here.
    not many have ps3.. i know i dont

9. Chimera_Knight

Chimera_Knight Active Member

XBL:
    Chimera Knight

If something gets set up I may be able to drive up there. I have a ps3 and 2 vshg.

10. Caj

Caj Well-Known Member

Now that the 360 version is out,has more people in the Chicago area got the game now?Post some gametags and lets see if we can get some actual gatherings planned.

Mines is Caj814,and I'm usually on 10:30-12am on weekdays and most of the day on weekends if I'm not busy with schoolwork.

11. hardcorewolf

hardcorewolf Active Member

i have it too mine is "silvergear" but it may change soon

12. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Yeah,, the good news is that more chi-ppl have it (thank god!)... so that there is more players.

only names i know is mine (i dont have a system so i use my cuz's)...
    the name is : Spodt3k
    im usually the jeffrey player,,, otherwise, my cuz is pretty good tooo with akira/kage.
    ill find more chi-player names.

Hardcore wolf - you all still play'n VF at columbia ??
    i too am usually on ranked @ 11pm -1am

13. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Just check'n to see if there are any new Chi-town ppl on here now ??

post up for some live play

14. FetZ

FetZ Member

Hey MADrox.

Just started getting into VF. About 120 online games so far. Would love to do some live play. Let me know whats up. pm ftw?

15. KingZeal

KingZeal Well-Known Member

Hey all. I'm a semi-experienced VF player (started with VF4). I live in Chicago and play XBL under the gamertag "King Zeal". I'm looking for good players to test my Aoi (and others) against.

16. syxx

syxx New Member

anyone in the gurnee area?

17. CHICAGOme

I am a wolf player in Chicago. Is there much going on in this city?

My gamertag is 'Righteous Grabe' and I am open to playing the tough people! Currently 50/50 on my Win Loss

18. Hello, does anyone still play in Chicago?

19. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

We all still play... and right now its on a median plane,,
    I have not been on xbox for a bit.. but ill start loggin this week,, usually on late nights (11pm -?)

we havnt had live play matches in a bit.. so we'll see if we get something going some time soon.

KingZeal - how you been? long time since i saw you and your crew last. everyone doing ok?

20. I'll have to add King Zeal and MADrox TMCHI to my list. . .though I'm only online early evening.