1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combos without Iaigeri?

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Genzen, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Hello,

So, I want to try playing Jacky again (currently been playing Eileen), and after picking up the basics, I'm at the point where I need to get some damage out of my combo-starters.

I looked at the combo thread here, and most of them are all requiring the use of Iaigeri thingy. I don't want to use Iaigeri combos yet because <span style="text-decoration: line-through">I'm quite likely to screw them up 'cos I suck at inputs</span> 'cos I'm far too pro for that, so, I'm looking for some max damage combos that don't require the use of Iaigeri, such that I can at least get some damage out of my combos. I might revisit Iaigeri when I'm better with the character as a whole, but for now, I'll leave it out.

Also note that I'm bad at watching stance and I'm bad at hit-checking (could probably just write 'I am bad' and leave it there), so what I need are non-stance-specific combos that work on normal hit and don't use Iaigeri.

The main ones are:

[6]+[K] (best I can find is 73: [6_][P], [2]+[P]+[K] SS [P][P])

[4]+[P]+[K] (best one I can find is 80: [4][K][+][G] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] SS [P][P] ) - Thanks to ZBEP for the lowbound idea.

[4]+[K]+[G] (unless [6_][P], [1][P]+[K][P][K] 63 DMG is still best)

SS [P] (best I can find is 70 with just a flipkick: [7]+[K])

SS [P]+[K][P] (best I can find is 77: [6][6], [2]+[P], [1]+[P]+[K][P][K])

[​IMG][3][P] CH (best I can find is 73: [6][6], [6_][P], [1][P]+[K][P][K])

[P]+[K][P] CH (best I can find is 78; [6_][P], [1][P]+[K][P][K])

[6][K]+[G] CH (best I can find is 76: [2]+[P],[1][P]+[K][P][K])

[P]+[K]+[G],[P] (best I can find is 64: [6_][P],[1][P]+[K][P][K])

This is what I could find after spending an hour in the dojo. If anyone has any better/easier combos that don't need Iaigeri, it'd be appreciated (and if I missed any combo-starters, feel free to list 'em up).

2. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    [4][P][+][K] > [4][K][+][G] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [9][K]([+][G])

3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Thanks for that one. I've edited it into the OP - every point of damage counts, right?

EDIT: Actually, after you showed me the lowbound, I found you can do SS [P][P] for 80 damage: [4][K][+][G] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] SS [P][P]

4. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I dont know why you just dont take the time to learn Iai combos. They arent that hard to do and they enable more damage...limiting yourself to the non Iaigeri combos is limiting jacky as a character imo

5. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Do you not use a stick and have trouble with the input speed required?

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    what is even the point? Combos with Iageri are the only ones worth doing.

7. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

The reason I want to use non-Iaigeri combos is because I don't have the skill to pull off the ability with any degree of consistency. Yes, I've practised, and yes, in training mode, I can get my success rate up to about 50-60%, but in a live situation, it'll be much less than that, and on average, I'll end up losing a lot more damage from constantly screwing up Iaigeri combos than I will just using combos that do less damage.

Basically, I'm acknowledging that consistent Iaigeris are beyond my skill level and I'm trying to adapt to it. You could argue that more practice might yield more success, but I know my own limits, and what would end up happening would be that I'd just avoid using combos because I'd be too frustrated with missing the damage. I'd rather just use an easier one.

Now, does anyone have any combos they can offer that are better than the ones I found, or am I on my own? I'm sure this info would be useful to other people who have the same problem I have, and if anyone is using modified combos, I'd surely appreciate them.

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    It's one of those things - but I agree with Genzen. New players will get it with time. I would feel bad for the Jacky player that lost an important match because he missed it.

The situations where I would suggest definitely going for it is on Oki, and after SS P. I haven't seen the flipkick damage but the launch from Iageri will ringout from farther.

But I also agree with Seidon. Iageri is Jacky swag.

9. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Mhm, once I'm comfortable playing with him and have got some stable easy-mode combos so I can perform consistently, I might look at trying Iaigeri combos (I usually work on harder combos when I'm thrashing my opponent and don't need to worry about screwing up a combo), but in the meantime, I need something that I can use for each of them, without risking messing up.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You propably mean SS [P]+[K][P]

11. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Side Slide - Punch, Punch.

Command list says it's just PP, and it comes out when I just press those. Does P+K do something different/better?

12. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

side slide shuffle u mean? as in when you do 2P+K~2P+K+G?

13. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Don't use "SS" to abbreviate both Slide Shuffle and Side Slide. Gets confusing lol.

Most of yours are the best I could find too except

[6][K] > [6_][P] > [2][P]+[K] > [7][K] for 74 on Jean.

14. MotorCityJacky

MotorCityJacky Well-Known Member

In closed stance counter hit, one can add [P] (or iaigeri) after [2][P]+[K] when the legs flop back, then [7][K] .

Works up to at least akira, though you cant be too far away with the initial [6][K].

I agree most of the combos presented are the best without iaigeri. In some cases (lighter character/big floats) you can use 2x[P][K][G] instead of just 1x [6_][P]

Note: i did find one combo where the extra PKG didn't make any additional damage! i forgot which, but if i find it again i'll post it.

15. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I still think you should just take the time to learn Iai combos even if you cannot do them consistently.

16. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry if it was confusing.

[6][K] > [6_][P] > [2][P]+[K] > [7][K] - this seems to work, but for the one point difference, I'm not sure if I don't like the spinning knockdown better. Still, it is more damage, so it's good to have it.

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This. I abbreviate
    slide shuffle = SS
    Side slide shuffle = SSS

The latter is used pretty rarely imo, so longer abbreviation is fine.
    The other option is to write out the inputs completely.

18. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

Minor Threadnapping:

What is the purpose of Side slide shuffle besides combos? The only guaranteed situation is [2] [P]+ [K] [8] ([2]) [P]+ [K]+ [G] Its, safe, even if [2] [P]+ [K] is blocked no way for the opponent to interupt the stance, however every other way in Side Slide is completely unsafe and loses to almost everything [​IMG]

19. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

From my experience, it's just another mix-up option to 'get out' of frame disadvantages. Like, you do Elbow > Backfist, you're at minus frames even if they hit. From here, you can stop and do defensive techniques, finish the string, use back slide shuffle, or side slide shuffle. By mixing it up, you make yourself less predictable.

For example, I like to side slide from the aforementioned situation, and use the two punches a few times. If I can force my opponent into trying to guard those, I can then side slide into a throw. If he attacks out of the side slide, I can start finishing the string, or using backdash elbow etc.

20. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    May I ask why this is a seperate thread from the combo thread that was already made? Even if it is combos with out iaigeri, these are still combos so that baffles me a bit.