1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combos without Iaigeri?

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Genzen, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Didn't want to sully the proper combo thread with my amateur nonsense.

2. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    No need for such trolling. combos are combos...

3. Washow

Washow Well-Known Member

You can basically replace iai with a p and it'll just work. though i agree that we should just learn the iai and lose the game if you miss it. bigger incentives eh? hehe

Lulu Lulu likes this.
  4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Doesn't work in all combos because iaigeri floats higher than punch, but for the most part yes.

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried them by replacing with punch (and also with low punch). Some of them work, but other times not so much.

It's strange, because the way I play Jacky, I rarely land combo-starters much, and annoyingly, the one I land most is the high punch from back slide shuffle, which is where Iaigeri seems to offer the biggest increase in damage. The rest of the time, I'm just poking with elbows, low backfists, jabs, the full-circular mid, and throws. Occasionally I'll do a 'from range' heel drop, but I can get a decent enough amount from my scrubby P, 1P+KPP combo.

6. Washow

Washow Well-Known Member

I practice in the dojo for sometime last night and now I can do like 12 iais in a row. Timing is very easy I think, if you use the guard button to "rhythm" it up. tap tap tap