1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Console Hardware Issues

Discussion in 'Console' started by SNAKE BOSS, Sep 8, 2013.

1. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Hello, i made this thread because this console generation had a lot of technical problems> For both the ps3 and the xbox 360. So if anyone has any issues with their consoles then post on here and if anyone has any tips on how to fix those problems then reply on here, thanks. this brings me to this, does anyone know how to fix a disc loading problem on the ps3? When I put the disc in it just starts loading but does not show up on screen onther games and just starts loading but does not start. If anyone knows what to do then be free to reply on here. Thanks.

2. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

sounds like your lens is dirty or your disc laser is broken. try a lens cleaner kit.

3. SNAKE BOSS

yea thats what I taught but is there a way to clean it with out openning the system up cause I tried it just did not want to open more stuff up not to mess anything up even worse.

4. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    you could just pour water into the disk drive but make sure the console is on because if it's off the lazer won't come out to get clean.

Elite and BlackGeneral like this.
  5. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Why oh why couldn't FS have been distributed on a disc?

complexz, kingo and BlackGeneral like this.
  6. SNAKE BOSS

well this means I will be on vf more then before now since my disks dont load lol.

7. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Opening up the console is not going to help this issue in anyway. The Disc drive is its own component (like the disc drive in your computer). As mentioned, either you lens is dirty or your laser lens is broken in some way. If you tried a lens cleaning kit and still get nothing, you'll have to contact Sony...

8. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Having problems with my 3ds R button and kind of my L button not working I think its due to a game called fractured soul. My L button works 95% of the time and I think my R button works about 2% of the time. This makes it difficult to play some of my 3DS games.

9. SNAKE BOSS

So how does the lens cleaning kit work? i sill have to open up the ps3 to use it?

10. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    You usually do not have to open the PS3 for the lens cleaner to work. Most lens cleaners give you a disc with fine brushes on them. As the disc spins in the drive the brushes wipe away any dirt that might be on the laser.

Not all cleaners are the same, but 99% of them work that way.

Tocuh likes this.
  11. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I wonder if it is the same issues as PS2-systems had sometimes, i think it was due to it made to read so many different types of discs - it has to adjust the lense/wavelenght/strenght between DVD's, Bluerays, Game-CD-Type, Game-DVD-Type, Game-Blueray-type. And atleast with the ps2 watching DVD's a lot made it crap for games after a while, and you had to sometimes readjust the lens strenght and other shenaningans.

Oh i remember PS2 being a messy b*tch to open (espcially the internal controller-cable, and the one underneath the disc drive itself), i really do not want to see how that is on a PS3 *shudders*

12. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

ToyDingo is right, normally it's just a disc with fine brushes. maybe there's also some extra liquid you have to use/put on the brushes. just insert it into your drive and let it spin.

nearly the same. 1 or 2 years ago I had the problem that I can't watch blurays anymore (some problems as snakeboss) but I was able to watch DVDs or play games (disc version), which are also bluray discs. lucky me, it was still a warranty issue.

13. SNAKE BOSS

Thanks and were can I find this lens cleaner kit? Is there a certain name brand?

14. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

15. SNAKE BOSS

16. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    oh man, you just conjured some bad memories. i had one of the first gen ps2s. damn thing stopped reading discs and no matter how many times i used the lens cleaner it wouldnt work.

finally cracked it open and found the problem was the secondary lens below the main top lens was collecting dust. once i cleaned it, no problem. except i had to do it about once a week. finally replaced it with a new one about a year into ps2 production. still going strong after a decade. bad design?

17. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Damned. The disc drive died faster than the rj45 plug. impressive for your machine ...

18. SNAKE BOSS

That disc cleaner did not work because the disc does not even spin but thanks for trying to help peeps.

19. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I don't remember PS2 drive problems but they were bad on the PS1. I had to turn my console vertically so the lens could move.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  20. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I don't mean to be a dick, but why are you guys helping SB?