1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Crouch Dash Fuzzy Option Select

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Chibiaya, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
  2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

good video! the tech is out there in another video from Japan (I remember Tricky and I doing it ad infinitum in player) but I have no idea where it is. Good to see an english description and you can throw out attacks that are (tricky, confirm for me) 14-16 frames or less. Lau's [4][6][+][P] for instance works.

Chanchai and Tricky like this.
  3. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Chanchai and GodEater like this.
  4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I know eileen's 15f move works. I can't remember if 16f moves worked, eileen dosen't really have a 16f move worth using as a punisher anyway.

5. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

GT is a master of this with Jean's 13f P+K. Ate my ass up with it at MLG(as well as other cool stuff I'll let him post if he chooses to; wink wink, nudge nudge).

Chanchai likes this.
  6. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    And here i thought i was cool =(

GodEater likes this.
  7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

haha, like I said - great post and video. The information is valid and in English, both great points and I'll bet there are people who don't know the tech that will be introduced to it through here.

8. Tricky

As I said in the shoutbox. I think all japanese tech videos can use a nice coat of english paint.

Maxou, Chanchai and Drift like this.
  9. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Great video! I've been using this technique since Vanilla. You can do some pretty amazing things with this option select.

10. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You need to work on your fuzzy's bro. :p

Also I approve of your shirt. :)

Is 16f the highest input possible to punish when opponents whiff throw after successful crouch dash fuzzy option select?

11. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I actually just do fuzzy guard and punish the throw attempt on reaction. I get less damage because I can only do PK or Jean P+K but it's safer. Back when I was playing Vanilla I was using this method for awhile. About the other thing, all in due time!

Maxou and Chanchai like this.
  12. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Ok, so I'm trying this, and (my obvious problems with CDF aside) I get the PK regardless of what happens. If I get a throw whiff, cool PK punish. But, if I block the mid, my PK still comes out after a successful block. Am I just not doing the inputs fast enough?

(wish I could upload a vid of it...:( )

13. Tricky

You're doing PK too soon if you aren't getting block when they attack you. You need to hold G longer.

14. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I am getting block. Just after I successfully block the mid, PK still comes out. Sometimes just K. I'm sure my timing is off somewhere :meh:

15. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Yes if the block happens and you still get PK, you're doing it too slow.
    This technique is still risky, fuzzing and punishing throw on reaction like GT said is safer, it's doable, just need to not be lazy :p.

16. PKGJimmy

PKGJimmy Active Member

PSN:
    PKG48EILEEN
    XBL:
    JimmyPKG
    17F move is ok, this technique is risky so you should use a move with better return.
    With Jacky, P+K is better move then PK

Tricky likes this.
  17. Tricky

It's only risky if your opponent is choosing not to attack with moves less than 17frame exe, delaying their fast attacks, or just not throwing out any moves at all from adv. It can be hard to tell your opponent is doing this too, so really something you want to be able to do consistently. I use P+K for eileen. It comes out automatically for me when I'm flowing, but when things aren't working so hot I tend to leave this tech by the curb since it can be hard execution wise.

18. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

This was a couple months ago. So um...when will due time be? I need moar skills to drink in.

19. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

This weekend! Or...whenever I get around to it. Whatever comes first.

20. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

lololol, glad i asked!