1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5 Announced for 2012! PS3 and Xbox

Discussion in 'General' started by Brisal73, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

Re: Dead or Alive 5 coming

EMP PerfectLegend was talking about DOA5 and the other characters he knows will be in there from VF (I forget which but it was 3-5 that he knew of for sure) and he was playing the demo on his stream on Sunday I believe. Anyway, I hear they toned down certain elements so I think it'll do well or at least better in the eyes of the mainstream FGC. I might get it since I have a friend that I know I can be a sparing buddy with.

2. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8fKk9jGhk

3. def

def Well-Known Member

4. MAtteoJHDY

Im just posting this here, even if I dont agree with what they are doing with it. Hopefully TN can get beyond the stupidity and try to use stuff like this to make the game the best it can be.

5. sibarraz

sibarraz Well-Known Member

What appears in the video? I don't had time to watch it since i'm on my exams

6. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh

It's just some sloppy fights and "fan service" banter.

7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

8. MAtteoJHDY

Gross? it may be, but PGK 2 or 8 is the same as OM...

9. nou

nou Well-Known Member

It's double taps and all three buttons. They added crouch dashing to the game as well....awesome....

Like I used to be more open to fighters and had a blast with DOA2U, at the time, but looking back, I was just stoked to play anything online.

10. MAtteoJHDY

11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

The first comment on the page corrects him, unless they recently changed it? I remember because it was the first thing I noticed and was like "Yeah...?" That's not as bad, but not as intuitive either, imo.

The presentation in this game is ahead of everything, but the gameplay is still playing catch-up to the current crop of 3d fighters.

12. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

The SS is not very intuitive in this game. I much prefer the VF way of tapping once.

13. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Crouch dashing has been in DOA for quite some time now...

If this sidestep is anything like 3.1 then you shouldn't have to do any double taps.. In fact the only difference would be that they added button inputs which I don't really care about, because we OM using a similar technique...

That Fingercramp vid sparked up alot of heat on SRK... Not too great of a vid imo, but whatever... Sorwah's vids are ones that should be posted up, since dude's been holding this game down since day one (same with HuBBs)...

14. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

It doesn't feel as fluid as DOA3, but it's alright. But I couldn't dodge with a single tap. Only double taps.

edit: meant to say couldn't. Fixed.

15. MAtteoJHDY

I dont have the demo, but I am pretty sure its single tap and PGK. Do you have the demo? can you try it out and post back?

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a single tap and all three buttons. Basically like OM in VF(execution wise). I am retarded.

17. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

You shouldn't really need to OM in this game. Usually a well timed tap could evade, but I can't achieve that in this game. Also, I don't have the demo, so can't try it out till the weekend.

18. MAtteoJHDY

Im sorry, but I dont get what you are saying. DOA sidestep is not like VF, afaik it seems more like SC5, but thats ok, VF is VF and DoA is DoA. Why is that you 'should not really need to OM'? why not?

Please, check the demo out this weekend and let us know what you can and cannot achieve with OM/simple evades.

19. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

I will but from what I remember last time, but I prefer a single tap rather than the double tap, so I'll let them know in the survey.

People didn't use the offensive step in VF as far as I remember and I felt it was redundant. I mean, you can prove me wrong, but I've played against MarleyJay, B_Feck and loads of other players and I never saw them use it.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Don't know about DoA5 but OM in VF seems to be mostly used for positioning, in Vanilla 5 the hitboxes on the characters give OM some peculiar uses though.

You can OM through rising kicks and catch throws, some characters like Blaze seem to be able to OM through everything in the game, I doubt it was ever intended to work like that though and hopefully they've fixed it in FS.

I do actually use OM a fair bit for positioning and oki pressure but my game was well off up at Glasgow, there was a lot of stuff I wasn't comfortable using.