1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5 Announced for 2012! PS3 and Xbox

Discussion in 'General' started by Brisal73, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Re: Dead or Alive 5 coming

This is probably the worst design in VF5, and I don't think Blaze was build on purpose in Ver.c.

2. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

I have to bite my tongue here and refrain to flame you UK because I feel like you are not reading my posts properly. let me try again: I dont care about what you feel, I care about facts:

1)You cannot evade with a single tap in DOA.

2)You cannot evade with a double tap in DOA

3)You can evade by pressing 2/8 PGK.

As for OM being redundant, I think you are not knowleadgeable enough about VF5 to say something convincing either way. you could try to prove your opinion with some concrete examples, but from what you wrote so far, I doubt you have a good grasp of what kind of testing is required to build a convincing case either way.

PS: OM is best used at advantage.

3. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

I admit I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to VF-related info.

Can Blaze OM through things because of his small hitbox or does his OM move him far?

Also, I'm up for anything VF-related in UK. I'm hoping someone sets up a tourney or something for people to get together. After Glasgow, I'm actually more hype about FS, so I'm hoping for an event to come up.

I have managed to evade with a double tap and it work similar to VF and you also get a sound cue for a successful evade.

Double tap works similarly to 2/8 GPK. It's official.

Also, don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm not trying to spread misinformation.

4. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

5. def

def Well-Known Member

I heard via twitter that there will be more info as well as two new character reveals, POSSIBLY this week.

EDIT: It is @TeamNINJAStudio

New info THIS WEEK and 2 new character reveals soon.

6. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

edit: okay, I get it now.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Footage of Bayman & Christie

8. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

She was sweating, amazing graphic!

9. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh

Have they changed her stance? It looks really awkward to me, here.

10. Righteous_Dream

Righteous_Dream Active Member

Her overall standing stance, or do you mean her serpent stance?

11. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener

Loads of animations changed between 3 and 4. Most of them look pretty bad, probably because different animators worked on them.

12. def

def Well-Known Member

NEW FOOTAGE:
    Lei Fang VS. Zack
    in a circus stage.

13. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

This game looks horrible. I'm sorry, it's like Tekken with the cheesiness factor increased to the power of googolplex.

14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

This trailer was pretty underwhelming but I bet the next one will get people to go "OMG DAY1/THROWING$ATSCREEN Etc.!!!".

Lack of fast movement in the game is still nasty to me and unless the Hold's active window gets cut down to 4~5 frames, so unless both things get fixed, it's whatev'. Cool that the fans get a sequel though...

15. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

This trailer is terrible! Instead of attracting me to purchase this game it's doing the exact opposite. As if Zack's costume wasn't bad enough, but I lost COMPLETE interest after I saw the blanka ball type move. I won't even comment on the tiger and being shot out of a tank.

Terrible stage and terrible costume designs especially when compared to the Christy vs Baymon video which was incredible IMO.

16. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

The camera is dizzying! Christ, even one of the first 3D games for console got the camera part right, Super Mario 64 baby! =)

17. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

I didn't come here to hate the game, I can understand this game will appeal to SOMEONE, but that man is not I. Never really liked the system either.

18. def

def Well-Known Member

Well keep in mind, there are still tons of stages and characters to show, I think I or someone else posted the leaked lists for stages and characters. 2 of the characters are from VF whom are Sarah and Pai.

19. nou

nou Well-Known Member

This could've been saved if Zack had Homey Da Clown lines and voice, but he didn't.

I don't see why the VF characters would get people excited to play this when they are going to play in the DOA system. I guess for people who like both games, but whateves...

20. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

You've never played SFEX3 have you??? That camera was ridiculous...

It's a crossover involving a character from a game no one would've though would do such a thing. Akira's still true to form in terms of movement and general playstyle as well. This alone got people hype, even if they don't play Akira or regretted learning him first in VF.

Akira in DOA might actually work out, allowing people to "try him out" in DOA5, then when they're ready to "advance", they can get on VF5FS and learn him the right way.